“Great location”

Hilton Cardiff
Ranked #8 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a great location for the city centre. Rooms were spacious and so was the bathroom. Very comfortable beds. The staff were very helpful too. We had breakfast in the hotel which was great. Good selection of food both hot and cold. Would definitely go back.

Stayed: July 2014
HiltonCardiff, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear sss7,

Thank you for your great review.

All of your comments are a pleasure to receive and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I recently visited for Afternoon Tea as part of a large hen party and had a lovely experience apart from a few small things.

It was a very very hot day and we all gathered in the foyer where the seating area was lovely and cool and we were able to order drinks at the bar. We were then seated at a long table in a sort of conservatory area, which on a hot day felt a lot like sitting in a green house, it was lovely but SO hot. I asked about the air con and was told that it was on but it obviously just wasn't very good, to be fair the waitress did all that she could to help, opened the doors and pulled the blinds down a little, so it's not a complaint at all.

The actual afternoon tea took a long time to arrive but it was quite a large party and while we were waiting we were given champagne and tea/coffee. When the food did arrive it was lovely, it's really well presented in wooden box/shelf type display units. We had a lovely sandwich selection, a scone (with jam and cream), a welshcake, a fondant fancy, macaroon, a mini eton mess and two small bite size cakes (a bakewell tart and a chocolate brownie). It was so lovely, it was alot of food but I was adamant that I was going to finish it all as it was so delicious!!

Service was great, constantly being offered more tea or coffee and different types of tea, I had peppermint tea, earl grey and English breakfast tea as well as my champagne so there was no shortage of drinks on offer for the price. I think it was £25pp which was very reasonable, we were there for about 3 hours I think in total and I felt no pressure for us to leave. Had a lovely afternoon, would definitely recommend it, especially for hen parties!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear RebeccaLouise23

I am delighted that you and your friends booked our Hotel for a Hen Afternoon Tea Party.

Your comments are great to receive and I am glad you enjoyed your tea with us...and well done for finishing it!

I was sorry to read that your tea took a while to arrive and the temperature of the conversatory during your tea. I am sorry for the disappointment caused to you all and may I thank you for bringing these matters to our attention.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just got back from staying at the Hilton, First off I only booked a King Hilton room, but decided to upgrade a few days later to junior Suite, The staff from the receptionist right to the cleaners were very happy and very nice. nothing was ever to much trouble.

The receptionist asked was we there for any particular reason and we said it was our wedding anniversary, within minutes there was a knock on our room, room service with 2 small cakes with happy anniversary on them, the cakes were small however it was a lovely thought and the cakes were scrummy.

By booking the Junior suite we had access to the Executive Lounge, this was unlimited soft drinks through out your stay. between 2-5 were cakes and coffee and between 6-8 free snacks along with a choice of alcohol beverages.

The room was perfect, huge bed separate walk in shower from the bath which was very handy,

The swimming pool was great, all you need is your swimwear, no towels as these are supplied when you go to the swimming facilities, perfect for relaxing that is for sure,

i would recommend staying here that is for sure, I have stayed in a few hotels around Cardiff even St Davids and this was by far the best.

1  Thank stitled

Dear Stitled

Thank you for your great review which is fab and I am glad you chose our Hotel to celebrate your Wedding Anniversary!

Your comments regarding your Junior Suite, our team of staff, bathroo and swimming pool is really great to receive and I am glad you enjoy your stay.

We hope to welcome you and your wife back to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Visited recently for afternoon tea as part of a pre wedding gathering.The selection of food was excellent especially the portion of Eton Mess .The whole experience is to be recommended with situation affording good views of the city of Cardiff.

Room Tip: Did not stay at hotel only visited for tea so cannot comment on rooms etc.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Linda S,

Wow your review regarding Afternoon tea is perfect to receive and I am thrilled you enjoyed- especially the Eton Mess!

We hope to welcome you and your party back to our Hotel again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

A fine hotel in an excellent location. You can pay a little extra for food etc, but it's definitely worth it! I slept in the best bed (we had a twin - they were 2 large singles) and the shower was second to none too. I will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Alex R,

Wow what a fab review... we wouldn't has asked for a better one!!

Your comments are truly fantastic and thank you- we look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Lovely clean room overlooking the castle and very comfortable bed....great Hotel, however, nothing to do with hotel but city clock can be heard chiming every half hour from this room !, did keep me awake as light sleeper. Staff were friendly and car valet great as parked outside the main doors then car valet dropped it back on check out. Fab location for the whole city centre. Bit pricey but you pay for the cleanliness and then location

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Helen W,

Thank you for your great review!

Your great comments regarding your room, view, comfortable bed, team of staff, car valet parking service and location is amazing to receive- thank you!

I am sorry that you were disturbed by the City Hall clock throughout the night and for the inconvenience caused to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night to celebrate my fiancés birthday. The location was perfect for us to get around the city. We had the deluxe room in the summer sale at 113 pound for the room. It was a nice size room with a castle view so can't complain. The negatives however was it's wasn't very clean, the bathroom was full of dust and my fiancé found what looked like a boogie on the pillow case. I Also found the fact you had to pay £14.99 for wifi a little expensive to say the least. Overall for the Money paid I didn't find it very good value for money maybe your paying for location. On a plus note though my fiancé did have a cupcake with happy birthday on which was a nice touch.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank w_k_hinton

Dear W_K_Hinton

Thank you for great review and it was a pleasure to have you staying with us to celebrate your fiance's birthday and we are delighted you chose our Hotel- I am glad your partner enjoyed her cupcake.

I am glad you liked your deluxe room and view of the castle and location which is great to read.

I was shocked to read your comments about your room not being clean and bathroom being dusty and the cleanliness of your pillowcase and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. I have passed on your feedback to Executive Head Housekeeper as we have a very high standard of cleanliness and customer care here at the Hilton and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.

I have also noted your feedback regarding our internet charge and I can confirm that we do offer complimentary internet in our executive lounge, business centre and lobby/bar area.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.