Hilton Cardiff
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
3,447 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecastle viewafternoon teaopposite the castlehealth clubwalk in showerjunior suitesteam roomlarge bathroomwelsh cakesper nightcity centresaturday nightbreakfast was excellentleisure facilitiescar parkingmillennium stadium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2014

being a Hilton Honours member I get to stay in a few Hilton and partner hotels... this is over priced, the car parking at £20 per day is more expensive than I have paid in most major cities in the UK, I paid for bed and breakfast and was told I must pay extra to eat in the restaurant!! I could use the exec lounge for free..... that offered limited choice of course... and blimey so many rules in the exec lounge, I was either too early for a beer or too late, or there was no room... total crap! Book a cheaper hotel and eat at one of the nice restaurants in town that's my advice. oh and £14.99 for 24 hours wifi, where I receive it free at other Hilton chain hotels....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank witty372002
HiltonCardiff, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Witty372002

Thank you for your review regarding your stay.

Your comments are disappointing to receive regarding our car parking charge, our executive lounge serving times and our internet charge.

I can confirm that unfortunately we lease our car park and do not own it so there will be a charge to all guests that use this service. Our Executive does offer a continential breakfast to all of our guests who have booked an executive room on room only rate, however if you had booked a rate including breakfast than you could of course have a choice to either have your breakfast in our Executive Lounge or our restaurant. The Executive lounge serves alcohol between the hours of 6:30pm and 8pm every day and we do have an overflow area to those guests who are not able to have a seat.

I am sorry for the disappointment caused to you and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I stay in Hilton's whenever possible , and this hotel was a great example of why I do. Excellent location- directly across from the famous castle, wonderful hospitality, comfortable rooms and comfy beds. You can walk to limitless shopping, restaurants and pubs. The hotel has a lovely restaurant as well as a good variety for room service and a great big soaking tub to relax after a long day. The staff was welcoming and knowledgable. The valet parking was convenient and although the rooms were not fancy they were clean, had refrigerators and also a great makeup mirror in the bathroom. Rooms also had robes and slippers which was sweet after my relaxing bath. Great stay. Thanks again Hilton!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Kim W,

Thank you for a great review and your comments regarding all aspects of the Hotel are extremely pleasing to receive- thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel again very soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very nice hotel located in the centre of cardiff. The only negative is that they charge £24 for wifi which is a lot. I had booked a room for a family of 3. Reception is open 24 hours and breakfast was included.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Salaman A,

Thank you for your great review and delighted you enjoyed your stay and our location.

I have noted your comment regarding our internet charge and I can confirm that we do offer complimentary internet in our lobby/bar area, business centre and executive lounge. Thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed for 2 nights as a family of four. The room was excellent with 2 doubles and a huge bathroom. The hotel throughout was very clean and modern. Check in and check out was quick and easy and the breakfast was superb. We used the pool, worth noting it doesn't have a shallow end so if you are taking non swimmers take a float etc....The location of the hotel is great, opposite the castle and just across from the museum which is fantastic and free. Shops and restaurants are all pretty much available as you step outside of the hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on floor 5 and asked for a quiet room, whilst we didn't have a view of the city or castle it was silent, if you don't mind a little city noise you could ask for a view of the museum or the castle.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Birds13,

I am so pleased you and your family had a great stay with us and your review is great to receive.

Our family deluxe rooms are extremely popular with families and I am glad you enjoyed your room along with our pool. breakfast. location and cleanliness.

We do indeed have everything Cardiff has to offer right on our doorstep!

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our Hotel again very soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a great location for the city centre. Rooms were spacious and so was the bathroom. Very comfortable beds. The staff were very helpful too. We had breakfast in the hotel which was great. Good selection of food both hot and cold. Would definitely go back.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear sss7,

Thank you for your great review.

All of your comments are a pleasure to receive and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.