3,633 results
All reviews the executive lounge castle view afternoon tea opposite the castle health club city hall walk in shower steam room junior suite large bathroom per night welsh cakes central location saturday night leisure facilities breakfast was excellent lovely room
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

We booked in for a night. When we arrived the staff were polite. The room was big and spacious, which was nice and the bathroom was big aswell and the room wasnt stuffy which was really good. The bed was really comfy and big.

However, the carpet and chair in the room was stained and extremely dirty. Under the draws there was popcorn which was not very nice considering it was in view aswell and not missed just because it couldnt of been seen. There was dust on the bed side table. It was as if the bed was made at that was it which would be fine if it was cleaning in between us staying there but it wasnt it was on arrival which wasn't a great welcome.

The breakfast was ok but not amazing. Overall, considering the amount of money it costs and the reputation we were slightly disappointed as we have stayed in 3 star hotels for a better night away!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
HiltonCardiff, General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2015

Dear IonaStewart

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at our Hotel.

I was delighted to read of your great comments regarding our team of staff, the size of your bedroom and our beds and my team were thrilled to read you enjoyed these aspects of your stay.

I was however very disappointed to receive your comments and photos regarding the cleanliness of your guest bedroom and I have passed on your feedback to our Executive Head Housekeeper for her to action with her team. Rest assured your comments have been fully taken on-board and please accept my most sincere apologies for the disappointment caused to you.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel to show you that such issues are certainly not the norm.

Reviewed 23 July 2015

Recently stayed at the Cardiff Hilton using reward points. As a Hilton Diamond Member I can't guarantee my experience will be the same as yours, however did want to share it. For the points I spent I thought it could have been a better experience, I'd prefer to give them a 3.5, but will be nice. The hotel is located right in downtown Cardiff, which has some pro/cons. If you are hitting all the usual hotspots, it will be very easy to get around. When I checked in they seemed a little bit overwhelmed. This carried through the stay as it was hard to get them on the phone several times. I got the impression that staff was calling it in, with the exception of the concierge, who was very helpful one morning when I was running a bit late. A few were warm, others were not as much.

My room faced the front of the hotel, on the circle side. Was an upgraded room and plenty big enough, would be fine for a family as well. Whatever you do, stay away from the side that is closest to the nightclub. I stayed here on a weekday, and that club is open until 4am. There is a lot of noise from drunk patrons outside. Seems like the corner is also a gathering place for kids and the rooms had awful noise insulation. There is a side of the hotel away from that club, try and get a room there (wish I could remember the room #'s for you). My window was covered with bird droppings, which was really disappointing and made the room feel dirty. The couch and the floor both had stains, which seemed like they should have been handled before someone checked in.

The bathroom was fine, controls were a little hard to figure out and felt like the wand really didn't get the job done as much as it could. Another super frustrating point is they put the alarm clock on the work desk, which is very far from the bed. You couldn't actually unplug it either (was nailed in). Most people would like the alarm clock next to their bed. When I asked for a replacement they brought one that had no dimmer, so I wasn't even able to see it at night. Those are easy wins for hotels, and they need to make better efforts to get that right.

The location is excellent, and it's right across from the castle. There is a nice restaurant right across the street from the hotel and they seemed to have several veggie options there. It wasn't easy finding food after 6 in Cardiff, be mindful that shops and restaurants do close a bit early. The Executive Lounge was fantastic. I really enjoyed being able to hop in for water or a drink and a small meal. They were the friendliest of all the staff I encountered and seemed to want to problem solve. Didn't get a chance to use the fitness center or amenities, so unable to rate those.

Overall, if you are really looking for central location, this hotel is great. Just stay away from the nightclub side and be prepared for a few kinks in your stay.

Room Tip: Highest floor, far away from the nightclub, poor window insulation all around
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
CWLCardiff, Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2015

Dear RedHeadGo,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review following your most recent stay.

I am so pleased that overall you enjoyed our central location, your room and our executive lounge. I was however disappointed to read your feedback regarding the service from our team and I will bring this to the attention of our Front of House Manager so that he can look at ways of improving this. I am very sorry for the cleanliness of your bedroom and the stain on your window and our housekeeping team will investigate and action this.

Please do let us know of your preference for a dimmer alarm clock and we can ensure we have one available for your next visit.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards
Hilton Cardiff

Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

The hotel is excellent in most respects. The hotel has a nice location next to the Bute Park, the City Hall, and the Cardiff Castle. The rooms are large and well set up, with beautiful modern bathroom furnishings and everything needed. The breakfast buffet is splendid though costly. The only reason for giving it only 4/5 was the internet in the room, which was both weak and repeatedly hard to connect.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
HiltonCardiff, General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2015

Dear danpoenaru

Thank you for your lovely review regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your bedroom, bathroom furnishings and our breakfast buffet which is indeed fantastic. All of my team were thrilled to read of your great review.

I was sorry to read of the difficulty you experienced with our internet service and we currently have engineers onsite at the moment to rectify this matter as soon as possible. May I thank you for your valuable comments.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2015

What amazing customer service, I just cannot praise the staff enough! The atmosphere here is welcoming, friendly and relaxing. Mine and my mums day at the spa was so pleasant, i reccommend the facial/back massage.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Cariad H
HiltonCardiff, General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2015

Dear Cariad H

Thank you so much for your wonderful review regarding your stay and our team of staff.

I am delighted that you and your mum enjoyed your spa day and we very much look forward to welcoming you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

We had a lovely room for two nights at the weekend. The biggest bed I've ever seen in my life! Huge bathroom with both a bath and shower which is nice and a glimpse of the castle from our window. Would have been nice to have a robe provided in the room as I have at another Hilton. Breakfast a bit pricey if not included in the room rate. Comfortable bedding and nice hot shower and toiletries are good. The pool, sauna, hot tub are really good and it's nice to be able to have access whenever. Staff very friendly in reception and in the bar- We really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear KimberleyLou93

Thank you for your great review regarding your recent two night stay with us.

All of your comments are fantastic to receive and indeed our beds here are the biggest and most comfortable beds you will every come across! I can confirm that we do provide robes in our executive rooms and suites and they are available upon request to all of our guests so please on your next stay do call for some and my team will arrange this for you.

Thank you once again for your great review and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel.