“For a 4-5 Star Hotel No very good”
Review of Hilton Cardiff

Hilton Cardiff
Ranked #8 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 September 2009

Just come back from staying at the Hilton with my husband for a weekend and I thought when we booked that the Hilton was suppose to be the bees knees !! Well far from it It is no better than a 3 star hotel. I have stayed at many 3 Star Hotels in European Countries and even Australia and Dubai and the standard in these hotels is way beoynd expectations compared to the Hilton. I would not stay there again unless they broughts their prices down to start. We paid well over 200 pound for 2 nights B & B and we thought 5 start - It should be good . Checking in was Ok . The bedroom had old dated furniture, Carpet was filthy, the Bathroom was Ok , The meals in the restraunt was not up to 5 star standard but edible but not very tasty. Breakfast on Sat am was Ok but Sunday was terrible, The mushromms was stewed, The orange juice tasted as if it had grapefruit juice mixed , but we were not told this and my husband had to leave his as he is not to drink grapefruit juice due to health reasons. , and it sounded to me that all the dining room staff plus the chef was having a bad day as they were all quite abrubt on the Sunday morning , diffrent to the Saturday morning when they were all very bright and cheery. The noise from the nightclub down the street was loud untill well into the early hours of the morning and the bouncers did not try and keep the peace either when all the clubbers were thrown out as the noise and the language was terrible. This night club does no favours to the Hilton .The Hilton is in a great location and the weather was excellent. The open top city tour bus was very good value and you could hop on hop off and certain stops which was very good . We spend the Sat morning down at Cardiff Bay was was very pleasant., with the nice cafes and restraunts.. Paid a visit to the assembly and the Millenum Centre was was very nice . We will be going back to cardiff again in the not to didtance future as I would love to go and see a shown at the millenum Centre but I dont think I will stay at the Hilton again. unless they bring their prices down and raise their standard dramatically.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 September 2009

I was very pleased with my stay at this Hilton, for several reasons. The staff was very nice and the room spacious and clean. Room service food was excellant as well as the executive breakfast in the mornings. You just can't beat the location for seeing the castle and museum. I am also glad that I chose this hotel in Cardiff since it is a nightmare to drive the town with lots of road construction going on presently.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I stayed here recently for a weekend break and have a great weekend. The bedrooms were spacious, clean and with great views over the castle.. The staff with terrific really friendly and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant on the saturday night and I must say this was one of the best restaurant experiences ever, food was absolutley delicious and service was great. I will defintley be back to this hotel as for a city break the location is perfect just 5 minutes walk from all the main attractions and shopping..

Reviewed 30 August 2009

My wife, son and I visited this hotel last year. We paid £175 for two nights. The rooms were quite spacious and very clean. The bathroom was very nice with a huge walk in shower. The location of the hotel is fantastic and you can reach the shops in less than 5 mins and the Millenium stadium is a 10 minute walk.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nickkeith26
Reviewed 26 August 2009

considering you pay a premium to stay in what you think will be a top quailty hotel, our 2 night stay was compleatly let down by the quality ..well lack of quality service, The staff are extreamly rude, unhelpful, and unwilling to provide the service you would expect to find associated with Hilton chain.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2009

We have stayed here a few times because of the convenient location. Close to bars, restaurants and shops but we wioll not be going back. The bathroom was disgraceful. The shower head was split so the water came out sideways. The bath took an age to fill. Then I found a dirty tooth pick on a dirty flannel by the sink.
When we reported this to reception the answer was "sorry about that".

Reviewed 20 August 2009

Just spent 2 nights in the Hilton and found the stay very comfortable in a large clean room. Bedrooms are extremely spacious we stayed in a king size guest room, the bathroom was exceptionally clean..and the towels were fluffy and clean! The breakfast was really good, plenty of choice and we had no waiting we were seated straight away. The staff both at the front desk and restaurant were very pleasant and helpful. We tried for the "offer" of 2 nights for the price of one but were told the hotel didn't have any vacancies - although after speaking with another couple who booked later than we did - they got the offer! An enjoyable stay and it is in a very good location, we were overlooking the isde of the Castle and didn't have any problems with noise - just a few sirens and a clock we chimed every 15 mins - oh well you can't have everything! I would definately stay there again but think they need to review their prices a little.