“Excellent, comfortable and good value for money”
Review of Hilton Cardiff

Hilton Cardiff
Ranked #7 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 29 January 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Cardiff for a week in January. Making the most of their January Sale, I upgraded to an Executive Suite. That gave me access to the excellent Executive lounge.
My room was clean and comfortable, and I found the staff to be professional and accomodating.
My hotel was up on the 6th floor and consequently I had an amazing view down in the grounds of Cardiff Castle, which definately made the stay pleasant.
All in all, I will definately stay there again and would recommend the hotel to anyone, whether they're travelling on Business or holidaying in Cardiff.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
HiltonCardiff, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2010

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our Hotel.

I was pleased to read your favourable comments about our Hotel which are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments. Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cardiff once again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Cardiff

Reviewed 26 January 2010

Fancied a weekend in Cardiff, hotel was in a great location and the steam bar had a good atmosphere. The Leisure facilities are in need of repair but Ok. At the end of the day its location in the centre is great for exploring other areas. Breakfast was good. Room was Ok, the bathroom was quite large.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Rhooseboy

I have noted your comments regarding our LivingWell Health Club and we are due for a refurbishment in the near future so please do come back and try it out! Thank you for valued feedback.

Reviewed 23 January 2010

Hotel is great and health club is a real plus, but there is a night club across the street that is active from mid-night until 4 a.m. The management is clearly aware that the club generates so much noise that the rooms on one side of the hotel are all prone to significant disturbance from the noise from the club late at night. One of my colleagues had virtually no sleep for two nights as a result of this, but was told that he could not move his room since the hotel was booked. Since the hotel is clearly aware of this problem, there is no exucse for not addressing this with the club owners or, better yet, noise proofing their rooms. Not acceptable for a business hotel of this sort.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank cariocaken
Reviewed 22 January 2010

The staff made it a very enjoyable holiday visit for us. They were always there when needed. Great location for visiting the city center.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 January 2010

Service excellent. Resteraunt service very good. Staff looked after us every time we were in from breakfast to our evening meal. Selection of food very good and its quality excellent. We did not need to go out in the evenings to look for a different location for our meals. The friendliness of the staff made us feel welcome. To enter the hotel and be greeted by a smile and a friendly comment is something that is missing in many places we have visited - Cardiff's friendly staff atmosphere sholud be used as an axample to other hotels!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010

Reviewed 21 January 2010

We stayed at this hotel as we had tickets for a concert in Cardiff. It was the weekend before Christmas and the hotel decorations were beautiful. The staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. We had a bar snack before going to the concert which was very nice and excellent value for money, Our room was spacious and confortable. My husband was delighted with the wifi as it was very quick and he was able to keep an eye on his days trading. The breakfast was very good with lots of choices and the staff were very friendly, especially Saaid, where nothing was too much trouble. I would definitely stay here again and would certainly recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 January 2010

I have stayed at the Hilton in Cardiff on many occasions, there are many 4 and 5 star hotels in the area but the Hilton Staff make the rest look inferior.

The general "can do" attitude of all layers of staff make your stay relaxing, pleasant and also value for money.

Breakfast is fit for a king, high quality food being served right up to the very end of service.

The location is central to the City, great base for shopping , eating and sightseeing.

I do not hesitate to recommend this hotel and its staff.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business

I was pleased to read your comments about our Hotel which are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments. Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback.