“We must use it or we will loose it”
Review of Indoor Market

Indoor Market
Ranked #29 of 176 things to do in Cardiff
More attraction details
Owner description: Glass-walled shopping mall lined with upscale shops and restaurants.
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I live in the city centre so use this market on a regular basis, roughly two to three times a week. It is a vibrant fully functional market.
I am always amazed by the variety of the produce on offer. Everything from pin's to fruit and veg. via small electrical goods and even get your haircut.
I agree with some comments regarding the state of the building, although Cardiff have recently refurbished the entrance onto the high street, which included the large clock.
I can state that the Christmas opening times are very shopper friendly, opening at 07.30 on Christmas Eve, enabling me to get my veg. for Christmas lunch before the last minute shopper's arrive.
This resource will only stay viable if people use it. I ask you if you are in Cardiff pop in you may find something you never knew you needed. There are even well maintained toilets.

3  Thank Mark B
in 7 reviews
"city centre"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I always visit this market when in Cardiff. I love the old Victorian building, and while a bit grubby and run down it has a great atmosphere full of vintage clothes and fruit and veg stalls. The fresh fish stall is fabulous, the only one in the centre. On my last visit I had my boots cobbled and bought welsh cakes. My grandfather used to have a tailor's shop on the second floor and I don,t think it has changed at all since then.

1  Thank KatrinaGranada
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Nearly skipped this but so glad I didn't. Lovely old building, wide variety of stalls on two floors. The food was of all sorts from halal to vegan, Welsh to good old fish and chips. Such a choice, mostly cooked in front of you so hot, fresh and tasty and very sensible prices. I had a giant Welsh cake still warm. It lasted me most of the day.
It is on a level so accessible from one entrance or another, not all but it would be a tight squeeze if it was very busy.
I found it refreshing after the multitude of the same old national stores and flash city centre restaurants.

1  Thank Toopaz
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Cracking piece of real life in the centre of cardiff no set scripts or hassle as in major stores love the fish stalls

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Walking through the market today as I got to the stall where they sell bread cobs ham & the likes I noticed a lady pick up a batch of cobs and she went to hand them to a miserable untidy lady who was serving this serving lady went into a huge temper and was very abusive to the customer shouting at the top of her very large voice don't f- -king touch the cobs the customer trying to diffuse a situation that she was evidently mortified to be in explained that she was buying the batch of rolls and as she was buying them it matters little if she touched them which seemed most reasonable to me but the serving lady would have none of it shouting GO AWAY I won't f--king serve you the customer kept her dignity and said look all I want to do is buy the rolls I handed to you a crowd had now gathered which delighted the trader who kept repeating GO AWAY luckily another serving lady took the rolls from the trader with all the mouth and abuse & served her the customer thanked the lady for her rolls and turned to the mouthy trader and made the very valid point that as they were serving food stuff they should be wearing gloves or be using tongs and with that walked quietly away followed by further abuse from the trader, I watched the stall for some little while after that and it was most evident that this trader has no idea about health and safety because the staff on this stall buttered rolls put ham in them and served bread & cakes without a thought of washing there hands I find this to be disgusting and most unhygienic and will not use this stall again until health & safety is improved & and think a phone call to the market manager or to trading standards is very much warranted.

1  Thank Mike W