“Okay for a night.”
Review of Sandringham Hotel

Sandringham Hotel
Ranked #22 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Spent a Friday night at this hotel. Situated right in the middle of Cardiff. It is cheap, clean accommodation, which was fine for two guys in Cardiff for a night out. The staff were friendly, and although I did not have the breakfast, others that did said it was fine. We were not troubled by any city centre noise, and the facilities were adequate.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
owner123, Owner at Sandringham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

Thank you Sir for your kind review. I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

After booking myself into the Sandringham as it was the cheapest in Cardiff I have to admit I was a little worried as to what awaited me post check in. I should not have worried. The staff we welcoming and check-in was friendly and efficient. Breakfast was lovely, yet served by nice yet eccentric staff. The major downside - as I believe someone has previously mentioned is the noise - I found it difficult to sleep on both nights, but what do you expect for a hotel in a city centre which is above a jazz bar in a busy city centre and lacks double glazing. Despite this I had an enjoyable stay and would return at the lower rate paid purely due to the location and friendliness of staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Lisa H
owner123, Owner at Sandringham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Thanks Lisa for your very kind review.
I am glad you have enjoyed our first class service.
We do have some rooms that face the main street which can be noisier than the rooms located at the back. We have secondary glazing in all rooms. I promise that we will accommodate guests at the back of the hotel if requested and available.
Finally I do hope that we will see you again in the future as you have indicated. I can't say that we will always have such a low price but I do monitor other hotel prices and so our price will always remain very competitive.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 7 September 2011

myself and my husband have just come back after staying at the sandringham hotel for only 2 nights this being are second visit which we very much hope to go back there again before the year is out.the hotel is very well situated for all ammenties.the staff and people there are all very wellcoming ,the breakfast is 10out of 10. rooms are just basic but clean,the price is good for what you get.which is execellant.as a bonus your car parking charge is reduced by half.well done all at the sandringham.do use this hotel and you wont be disapointed. dave and jean plymouth.

Room Tip: grate location
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 19,451,946
owner123, Owner at Sandringham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

Thanks both very much for your lovely review. I do hope we will see you again this year and if so Alison has offered her services to help with the Christmas shopping :-).

Reviewed 6 September 2011

I stayed at the Sandringham during the last week of August. The owners were hospitable and nice, everything I wanted was taken care of. In addition, I was delayed getting back to America because of Hurricane Irene. Nonetheless, the staff allowed me to stay an additional night at the same price rather than charging me higher which I know they full well could have done as it was in their own right. There is no elevator, true, but I would hope one would look this up before they booked. No hotel is perfect, but you also have to realize that this hotel is in an historic building so an elevator would kind of take away from that appeal as well. The location was fantastic, and could not be beat really. There is no fitness center, but they do have a deal with one that is close by. The price was very reasonable. I would recommend it, and I certainly would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank NewYorker27
owner123, Owner at Sandringham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

Thank you Sir so much for your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure to meet with you.
We are so glad that you have arrived home safely
The girls on reception all wanted to go with you to visit your fantastic City but that would have just left me to cover them so Sunny Cardiff they stay.
I do hope we will welcome you again in the future.
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to you for leaving a positive review on TripAdvisor. Not only is it nice to hear that we are doing things right but also that the review helps a small family run business like mine immensely in challenging the huge marketing power of the chain hotels.

Reviewed 5 September 2011

I stayed at hotel in july of this year.... was a friendly hotel... room was clean and tidy, bit of noise from street..... the situation is right in the centre of cardiff and ideal for hitting the bars and clubs of cardiff..... the resturant is downstairs next door in the jazz club, and if you drink in the bar, you get discount if you say your from hotel......overall i will definetly stay again if need be....staff were friendly and very welcoming

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank markwelshphillips
owner123, Owner at Sandringham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Thank you very much for your positive review. It genuinely means a lot to us.
I hope we will see you again in the near future and welcome you once more.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

This is a great place to stay in the centre of Cardiff. Room was perfect, as was the breakfast. Really nice 3 course me in the restaurant attached to the hotel. Worth eating there - especially with the discount for guests!
Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank richardalisimpson
owner123, Owner at Sandringham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2011

Thank you very much for your lovely words.
Thank you also for sharing your views on Trip Advisor.
It was a pleasure to welcome you both and I am very
grateful you have enjoyed our hospitality.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed here 3 nights and found the staff very friendly, especially at breakfast. The beds were ok - in need of updating and the rooms were clean. Excellent location right in the heart of Cardiff. Great value for a few nights.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank artfan99
owner123, Owner at Sandringham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2011

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay.
I am sorry however that you found the beds hard and will have this checked out.
Once again thank you.