“Fab location”

Ranked #26 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
swansea
“Fab location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend girls birthday stay. The location is brilliant right in the centre of town and a few minutes walk from the station. Room was spotless and comfortable, it was boiling so welcomed the fan provided. Nice clean towels and water tea and coffee, everything needed for an overnight stay. Gorgeous full English breakfast, pleasant staff, well recommended.

Stayed July 2014
Simon6567, Owner at Sandringham Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
I am really happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with breakfast especially on such a special occasion.
Hopefully we will welcome you all again in the near future.
Kind regards, Simon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is extremely central, 5 minutes to Castle and bus station, a bonus as we came by coach. The hotel and staff were excellent, a truely family run hotel, very clean room, we were very pleased and with the weather, very hot ! would certainly recommend and stay again when we visit Cardiff.

Room Tip: ask for a reception level room to avoid stairs
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Simon6567, Owner at Sandringham Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you both for your smashing review and for choosing to stay with us.
I am delighted to read you have enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your kind words to all concerned.
Hopefully we will see you again soon.
Hoddesdon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

My fiancé and I stayed at the hotel for two weeks and found it to be a very friendly, family run hotel, great location in the high street, breakfast was included with our room which was excellent every morning, for great value and a warm atmosphere I would recommend this hotel very highly, we shall both be returning as soon as we can!.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank NikAshman
Simon6567, Owner at Sandringham Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you both so much for your lovely review and for staying at The Sandringham.
It was really nice for us all to meet you especially for your extended stay.
It was also very nice of you to leave a thank you card.
It is genuinely very rewarding for us to receive such positive comments and I thank you for these.
Hopefully we will welcome you again soon.
Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked this hotel as we were going to Cardiff University Open day and wanted an hotel within walking distance of the Uni as well as in the middle of Cardiff so we could get a flavour of the city to help our daughter decide on the Uni.
The hotel itself is ideally situated, and yes, it is dated in décor but is very clean, the staff were really friendly, welcoming and very helpful, breakfast was extremely good with lots of choice - amazing value as it is included in the room rate.
If you want a centrally placed hotel at a good price then you won't go far wrong with this one.

The only disappointment we had is that we had booked the triple room as the photos appeared to indicate that the triple room had a double bed and a separate door into a small area with bunk beds as well as an ensuite bathroom - this was ideal as our 17 year old daughter wanted a bit of privacy and was looking forward to sleeping in a bunk bed again!!
When we got the room however, it was a just the one small room with two double beds in it with about a foot between the two beds and no space to spare.
Had I known that this would be the case I would have booked up two rooms so do feel a little misled with the photos of the triple room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Simon6567, Owner at Sandringham Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review and for choosing to stay with us.
It was really nice to meet you all and I am glad you have had an enjoyable stay with us and in Cardiff.
I am so sorry about the triple room not being as described. One of my rooms is how you suggested with the bunk beds but two are not.
I will update the photos to make sure the other type triple room is also shown.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Hopefully we will welcome you again soon and if so I shall ensure you are in the correct room..
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed on my own here on a recent visit to Cardiff.
This is a 2* hotel, and I would ignore any negative reviews from people who pay such prices but expect 5*!!

The hotel is in a perfect location for the centre of town & parking at the NCP 5 min walk away was only £9 for 24 hrs (paid for this on reception when I checked out & you then validate your ticket when you leave the car
park)
The room (106) was perfectly adequate clean, comfortable, comfy bed and white, fluffy towels in the (clean) bathroom - I always have a "thing" about towels when I stay in hotels. There was also plenty of tea, coffee etc on offer on the hospitality tray.
There was plenty of storage pace in my room to hang long dresses!!
I slept like a log as the bed was very comfy and my room was nice and airy.

The staff on reception were very friendly and efficient - I didn't make it for breakfast so I can't comment.
I would stay he again on my next visit because I feel it was good value for money and you can't get a better location for the price.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Simon6567, Owner at Sandringham Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you Eleri for your beautiful review.
It is very pleasing to read that you have enjoyed your stay and it was lovely to meet you.
I note that you are a top contributor on Trip Adviser so this I'm sure adds extra recognition to your comments.
Hopefully we will welcome you again soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

pleasant stay good value staff friendly and helpful.Very central for shops bus station Breakfast is good value. would definitely book again. plenty of places to eat in walking distance. good entertainment available at new theatre, motorpoint arena.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Simon6567, Owner at Sandringham Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you very much for your review. It is very much appreciated.
I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My room was clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Even posting my phone charger back to me after I'd left it behind. It's a 2 star and the decorations a-little worn but it's ideally located for the centre of town and easy to walk to from the bus station and university where I had a course. There is no lift and my room was up steep narrow stairs so you do need to be fit to stay there. I had a comfortable, quiet stay on the Monday night I was there and even slept with my window open as Cardiff was experiencing a heat wave. I'd stay here again if I have further trips to Cardiff.

Stayed June 2014
Simon6567, Owner at Sandringham Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you Stephanie for taking the time to write this review.
I am really pleased that you have enjoyed your stay and I look forward to hopefully
welcoming you again in the future.