“Lovely stay again...great location”

Lincoln House Private Hotel
Ranked #1 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I have already stayed at the Lincoln House Hotel previously and so we decided to return here again. We ended up having the same room which was just as nice as before.

The hotel is very well situated and you can walk to the centre of Cardiff in 10-15 minutes. Otherwise a taxi is only about £5. It is well furbished and quite grand. Our room was spacious with twin beds which were very comfortable and you have most of what you need. I would say that the bathroom floor is super creaky! Not that it really matters, but it is! The service is good, but I think the receptionist on our arrival could have been a little more friendly. She was not unfriendly, but just neutral. I find it's nice to be welcomed with a big smile and some information, but maybe that's just me!

Breakfast was very nice. There is a good assortment of things to start with such as fruit and yoghurt and then a nice choice of full welsh breakfast or items for smaller appetites.

All in all a good trip, there is parking as well which is a bonus, and I would be happy to return a further time or recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 September 2011

Other hoteliers please take note - this is just how a good hotel should be! Great location, comfortable rooms , lovely ambience, excellent breakfast and welcoming staff.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are at the back.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We recently spent a night here and can confirm that the many previous excellent reviews are accurate. From the directions on the website on how to get to the hotel, the greeting at reception and the kind offer to book a table at a nearby restaurant and being taken outside and shown the best way to walk into town(about 10 minutes away along the river bank) everything and everyone made us feel very welcome and almost like part of the family. Room was very comfortable with sheets and blankets on the bed and the breakfast is superb. We really did enjoy our short stay and if we return to Cardiff then we will surely use this hotel again.

Reviewed 27 September 2011

Excellent boutique hotel, very clean and comfortable. Can highly recommend and good value for money. Yummy breakfast! Great for a short stopover in Wales

Room Tip: Excellent value for money !
1  Thank lynda k
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I stayed at the lincoln house hotel recently on my own as i was meeting up with friends over the weekend.
From the moment i arrived i felt so welcome,my room was not quite ready so i was told to take a seat in the lounge(absolutely beautiful) where i was brought a tray of tea and some delicious welsh cakes!
within minutes my room was ready and i went along to find a lovely room,i had booked a single room on the ground floor because of limited mobility and was told on booking that it was rather small and would that be ok,so i was expecting a single bed in a small room,so i was pleasantly surprised to find a lovely double bed with ample room and everything i could possibly need,the owner told me where everything was etc and left me to it.
The en-suite was beautifully clean with the most wonderful shower.
The breakfasts were something to behold,with all manner of fresh fruit,cereals,juices,yoghurts etc and then a list of hot food,i opted for the traditional welsh breakfast and was not disappointed!! wonderful quality bacon and sausages,delicious mushrooms and perfect eggs every time,with as much tea and toast as i wanted.
During my stay,taxi's were ordered for me whenever i requested one,nothing was too much trouble and i was made to feel welcome the whole weekend,in fact i felt so comfy i didn't want to come home!!
I would not hesitate to reccomend the Lincoln House Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Nickik744
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Partner and I stayed for the weekend. This hotel is truly deserving of its ranking. The welcome was warm, the room tastefully furnished and well-equipped (with a very powerful shower), and - best of all - a seriously outstanding breakfast. So much choice on the buffet, all clearly fresh, and the hot Welsh breakfast was cooked to order and with high quality ingredients. Really nice touch - the hotel was full on the Friday night so we were asked what time we'd like our breakfast the following day so the dining room did not get overloaded. That is a trick other hotels could usefully learn from. I have stayed in many hotels all over the world, from no star to five star, and this place is a gem. The owner was on duty at what seemed like all times (!), the other staff were delightful, and the building (a couple of Victorian three storey houses converted into a single building) has been beautifully furnished in, what looks to me as a non-expert, a great replica of the Victorian style. There is even a working harmonium in the main guest parlour. My only minor niggle was I considered the bed too soft, but that is a highly subjective matter and does not take away from the sheer pleasure of staying at the Lincoln House. I very much hope to be back! Oh, and we paid £95 per night (for the room, not per person) and that included the excellent breakfast.

Room Tip: The hotel fronts a busy road. I asked for, and was given, a room at the back and had no street noise...
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We have just spent a weekend at Lincoln house hotel and can not rate it highly enough. We were warmly greeted and treated attentively throughout our stay. The breakfast was first class. There are many pubs and restaurants in walking distance with Cardiff city centre only a 15 minute stroll away through a lovely park situated by the river Taff. There is a river taxis to take you to mermaid quay if you fancy going a bit further afield. If you are planning to stay in cardiff you will struggle to find a more charming establishment.