“Great family run hotel in central Cardiff”

Lincoln House Private Hotel
Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
Littlehampton, England, United Kingdom
“Great family run hotel in central Cardiff”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Very clean, big room warm friendly (even though we arrived very late and left very early). Service was excellent. Great location that is quiet, near the Sophia Gardens area on a very nice Cathedral Road. Beautiful house, well maintained with original features. Bathrooms good quality, shower was excellent power (ground floor), car parking was at the rear and secure which helped a lot. Very comfy bed.

I regularly stay in Cardiff, have tried many of the chain hotels, where parking is a problem, noise from the central streets is a problem so will now make this my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Lower floor room - 101 was excellent size, warm and located at the rear of the hotel so quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
LincolnHouseCardiff, Front Office Manager at Lincoln House Private Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Yes a family run hotel does give the home from home feel, unlike bigger hotels.

We hope to see you again in the future!

Lincoln House Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
London
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The hotel is a 25 minute walk from the train station. I paid £115 for a king size double bedroom.The room was very spacious with a good size tv. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was a bit dated however it was still functional. The breakfast was okay; nothing special.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
LincolnHouseCardiff, Front Office Manager at Lincoln House Private Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for your review, great to hear you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the comfort of your room.

I am not sure I have ever heard anyone say our breakfasts are not special or good, so that is unfortunate for you to say so. But we acknowledge all feedback and thank you.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

On my own this time (without my younger and older generations) for 4 nights in Cardiff on a mix of business and pleasure. Great family run hotel, warm welcome, helped me with my case to the top floor. The room was described as 'compact' but actually had ample space to move around. Very comfortable bed, warm quiet room, nicely decorated, good sized bathroom, excellent shower. Very tasty breakfast with lots of choice, freshly cooked in a short time, served by friendly, efficient and accommodating staff - they even toasted my own 'special' bread for me. Nothing was too much bother and I really enjoyed my relaxing stay. I will return.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room towards the back of the hotel - Cathedral Road can get bus...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ThreeGenerations_11
Thank you so much for your lovely review, we are so pleased you had a lovely 4 night stay with us.

Glad you had a relaxing stay in your room and enjoyed our hearty breakfasts.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Diolch en fawr,

England
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Good welcome.Room heating not on when we arrived,and could be warmer.All the usual facilities.
Power shower good,however en-suite couldn't have been any smaller.
Breakfast fresh and tasty.
Only real gripe was noise from other rooms,kettles being filled, showers etc at 7.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for review, I am sorry to hear you found our hotel to be average!

Heating has set times to heat the entire hotel up. However had you let us know you were cold, we have portable heaters on request.

Unfortunately noise from other rooms is something we cannot do much about and as I am sure you are aware with us being a Victorian hotel you will get the occasional noise!

Many Thanks for your feedback.

Diolch

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stay here twice over the last 12 months mainly on business. Easy to find with parking and close to city center and park. Staff are very friendly and helpful making you feel relax straight away. Lovely breakfast served with minimal delay which is important if you are on a tight schedule.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Felindreman
LincolnHouseCardiff, Front Office Manager at Lincoln House Private Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for choosing Lincoln House, it is nice to hear you feel relaxed here, as we aim to create a home from home environment, with us being a family run hotel.

Look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Diolch en fawr.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I arrived at 1 a.m.and was given a very friendly an helpful welcome.

Relaxed staff, and "grand house" feel to the accomadation.

I didn't eat breakfast but was offered fruit to take out when I left in the morning.

Room Tip: My room was roadside and there was some traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
LincolnHouseCardiff, Front Office Manager at Lincoln House Private Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
So pleased you had a very welcome and a pleasant stay with us. Hope you managed to get some rest with a late check-in.

We hope to see you again soon.

Diolch en fawr.
Nottingham
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I think that you would find it hard to find a better small private hotel than this. Close to the city centre, which is a very nice walk on a fine day if you go through the park. The building itself is really nice, with high ceilings and tasteful décor. The tiled hall floor is fantastic. We had a couple of drinks at the small bar in the evening and the prices were good and the service was great. The breakfasts are cooked to order and I must say cooked to perfection. All in all an excellent hotel run by friendly people, delivering very comfortable and clean rooms. Why not 5, well, if I could give four and three quarters I would. My only small issue was that the ground floor room that we stayed in was right next to the street and the traffic noise disturbed a little. Hey but I would stay here any time, and its a load better than the chain hotels. Character it has in bundles. Stay and enjoy, we did.

Room Tip: I think may be the rear rooms would be best for light sleepers.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeff53
LincolnHouseCardiff, Front Office Manager at Lincoln House Private Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay at our 3 star family run hotel.

Yes I agree the Victorian black and white tiled floor is beautiful.

It is unfortunate we didn't get that extra star from you, we had no idea that you were disturbed by street noise and had you have told reception, we would only have been to happy to have tried to accommodate you in a back room if available.