Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$112
  • Room Service
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$145
US$238
US$202
Agoda.com
  • Pool
US$194
US$186
Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$87
  • Pool
Tanes Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$78
Travelocity
Travelodge Cardiff Atlantic Wharf(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$118
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Cardiff City South Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$160
PremierInn.com
US$140
Priceline
All reviewscardiff bayhi expressscrambled egg and beanscar parkcity centremermaid quayminute walkbudget hotelthe breakfast areahot itemsper nightfree wifiquiet locationparking chargethe sofa bedbreakfast was includedyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2012

For a first visit in the city, the hotel is perfectly located. Quiet and very close to the Mermaid Quay - great stay at the hotel. The team is very nice - especially the Breakfast team. Friendly and polite.

• Stayed: August 2012
Karen M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear Globetrotter1605

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I'm delighted to see that you have scored us so highly. I have shared your comments with the team here and we do hope that we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Stayed here overnight with my partner and my parents whilst attending the olympic football in the Millennium Stadium. This hotel served its purpose and was ideal for what we wanted.
The receptionist was friendly and although we were early, both rooms were ready on arrival.
Rooms were clean and comfortable with all the usual provisions, tea/coffee, hairdryer, TV etc...Plenty of mirrors, sockets, hangers and storage space. Had a really good night sleep, no noise and blackout curtains.
Had few drinks when we arrived back from the match, bar open til 1am whilst we watched olympics on TV, again friendly staff and comfortable setting.
We didn't mind paying the £5 to park the car at least it was safe, I've paid much more in other hotels in London & Manchester.
Breakfast was satisfactory, thankfully we went down at 9am- by 9.30 there was a queue. Plenty of cereals, fruit, croissants, muffins, toast. Strangely, only scrambled eggs, sausages and beans in the hot section, but was very tasty and fresh.
Cardiff Bay was a 10 minute walk away, great atmosphere there in the evening. We caught a taxi to the city centre, cost £4.30 but you could walk within 15-20 minute I'd guess.
Perfect hotel for a short break, would certainly visit again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Cheeky79

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us - and I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I am a frequent customer of the holiday Inn brand and found this one to be a dissapointment.
I had decided to take my brother to Cardiff as a treat for my disabled brother to go to the new Dr Who exhibition.
We went for a single night on 29th July and check inn was little short of an "i cant be bothered attitude" as a priorty club member we got no recognition at all and all i requested was a room over looking the river outside, this was waved away by the receptionist telling me the hotel was full. (I later found out this was not the case).We had a nice enough room overlooking the carpark instead. Obviously could not be bothered to even check on the computor.
The room itself was fine, clean and comfy enough. Wi Fi you have to pay an exhorbitant price for,so we skipped that, the carpark you, as a guest of this hotel were expected to pay £5 for so we parked in the street nearby for free (plenty of room there)
Later that evening, I went down to reception to get an iron for my shirt, there was no one around so i waited and finally discovered the receptionist in the back room chatting to a male member of staff and had to shout to get her attention.
The breakfast is average, but ok.
Oncheck out in the morning there was a different receptionist on who was the total opposite from the one the night before, this lady could not have been more helpful with directions and information we needed, and is a credit to this hotel.
Pity she was not on the day before.
Would I stay at this hotel again? NO.

Room Tip: You take your chances here obviously, if its a young one, no chance, but a middle aged lady.... probrably every chance.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear dolphinboy1

I am very sorry to read that you had a disappointing experience with us recently. I can assure you that I have investigated the issues which you had and discussed with the relevant team members who were on duty when you checked into the hotel as this does not reflect the normal high levels of customer service on which we pride ourselves.

If you would like to discuss this further then please contact me direct on 029 20449000.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Stayed here for the Olympics GB v South Korea match and it was exactly what I wanted.

For the price I was paying I was l looking for a clean, comfortable, good quality, "you know what you are getting" reasonably priced hotel and this was exactly that.

No, it is not the sort of hotel you would pick for a "holiday", but for a 1 or 2 night stay in a city it is perfect.

It is 20 min walk from the Millennium Stadium/City Centre but the advantage is that it is very quiet.

Also, although the hotel charge £5 a day for hotel parking, you can park immediately outside the hotel for free (thank you to another TripAdvisor reviewer for that tip).

The room was clean and the main bed was very comfortable. The sofa bed was less so and an adult might find it uncomfortable, but for children (who find it much easier to sleep) it is fine, my son slept like a log.

The bathroom was a good size as was the shower cubicle. There were a couple of screws loose on fitting but I reported this to reception when I left and was satisfied that this would be followed up.

The reception, housekeeping, and bar staff that we encountered were all very friendly and helpful.

The only downside was a slightly chaotic breakfast. Although breakfast is served 7am - 10am, virtually everyone staying at the hotel had obviously had a late night at the stadium the night before meaning a massive rush at 9.30am! So, a queue waiting for some foods to be replenished (although on the upside it meant it was fresh) and improvisation on crockery and cutlery. However, I would not want to complain about the breakfast too much as I didn't even appreciate it was included in the price until I got there (and similar level hotels charge extra for breakfast).

If I was to attend another event at the Millennium Stadium I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear jomajo

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review for us here on Tripadvisor. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Positive
Nice clean hotel, efficient lift, nice bright corridors.
Good air conditioning. Fairly small rooms but well laid out.
Good breakfast choice, plenty of everything.
Negative
Very expensive wi fi at £5 per 60mins or £9 per day, rip off!!! Most hotels, cafes etc offer free wi fi.
There was no mention of this charge before booking so I was disappointed.
Hotel car park £5 per day or part of, expensive as the road next to the car park is free but by the time you realise you have to pay £5 to get a code to lift the barrier to get out, not good.
Taking this into account I would not stay there again unless basics like car park and wi fi is free.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Karen M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear marjoriepeg

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

The majority of our guests do find that the £5.00 charge for parking is value for money in our secure car park. Regular patrols are carried out throughout the day and night and we have installed CCTV cameras to enhance our security and give guests peace of mind. There is however off-site road parking close by to the hotel for any one who chooses this option. If you had mentioned this at check in, then there would have been no issue in moving your car off-site.

Last year, we were able to reduce the cost of our internet charge while improving the service and recently installed additional lines. I appreciate your comments with regards to price and will certainly consider these when we next have the opportunity to look at our service provider.

On a positive note - I was delighted to read your lovely comments with regards to the cleanliness of the hotel and that you enjoyed your breakfast.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future and thank you once again for your review.