My wife and I recently were married, and asked Christina Moon from UltraTechTravel (http://www.UltraTechTravel.com) to set up a ten day stay in the United Kingdom.
We left London for five nights in Cardiff, Wales. The Hotel is situated in between the main central section of Cardiff and the bay. We were able to walk to either location, and the neighborhood was pleasant even at night. The central location was a huge savings on cab fares and bus fares while in Cardiff, but close enough to the train station that we caught a local train to visit someone we were acquainted with in Barry, about a 20 minute train ride away.
The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful, pleasant, and enjoyable to talk with. The only thing that really bothered us was the lack of ice buckets so we could cool bottles of water to stay hydrated. The staff did find a container for us to use, so they did their best to overcome the problem for us as quickly as they could.
The breakfast was basic, but was filling and gave us the energy we needed to take those long morning walks to our next adventure. I never lacked for good coffee, warm food, and a little fresh fruit to take with me for that first walk of the day.
The room was basic: this is an express hotel, not a luxury suite! However the staff kept the room clean, and it was comfortable and gave us a place to rest in between our day trips and local adventures.
Overall, we were very pleased with our stay, and certainly will consider the hotel again when we visit Cardiff. We appreciated Christina Moon from UltraTechTravel finding our Cardiff 'base of operations' for our visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront area of the old East Dock in Cardiff Bay is the prime position of the Express by Holiday Inn. Only 15 minutes walking distance from the centre of Cardiff makes a great place to stay, and to view the magnificent local shops and picturesque Arcades.Walking distance to Mermaid Quay and Millennium Centre. It is also situated in the heart of Cardiff's exciting Bay Development. With places of interest including Cardiff Castle, the home of the Welsh Assembly, the Millennium Stadium, The Millennium Centre, Techniquest the Children's Science Museum and the Museum of Welsh Life at St.Fagans, the Express by Holiday Inn Cardiff Bay is your one and only choice for accommodation in Cardiff. The Express by Holiday Inn is located just off M4 Motorway, which makes access very easy, and brings you around the city centre, showing you attractions like you have never seen before. There is ample onsite parking, which is charged at £6 per 24 hours. For your peace of mind, our car park is monitored 24 hours a day by CCTV.Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay Hotel Cardiff
- Holiday Inn Cardiff Bay
- Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay Wales