Here on business, hotel is around 15/20 min walk from the train station/city centre.
My room was on the top floor looking out over the water, which was a lovely surprise. The bed however was a not so pleasant surprise! I have never known a bed to be so hard in my life. The pillows are labelled 'firm' and 'soft'... they all feel exactly the same. So i'd imagine the cleaners have mixed them all up.. or don't really care about the firmness of pillows.
Signs in the bathroom, that say to hang up towels if they don't need changing. I was only staying 2 nights, so more than happy to keep the same towels, i hung them up. Came back late afternoon, have all new towels. What is the point of the sign if your going to change them all anyway?
Most hotels I stay at have a little info pack about the hotel in the room. With things like breakfast/bar opening times, snacks available, nearby restaurants etc. Nothing like that here, would make a good addition I think.
Girl on reception was very friendly, even though there was a queue of people.
Breakfast was ok, not a great deal of hot choices. But for a free breakfast you cant expect everything.
Good hotel if your visiting the city on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront area of the old East Dock in Cardiff Bay is the prime position of the Express by Holiday Inn. Only 15 minutes walking distance from the centre of Cardiff makes a great place to stay, and to view the magnificent local shops and picturesque Arcades.Walking distance to Mermaid Quay and Millennium Centre. It is also situated in the heart of Cardiff's exciting Bay Development. With places of interest including Cardiff Castle, the home of the Welsh Assembly, the Millennium Stadium, The Millennium Centre, Techniquest the Children's Science Museum and the Museum of Welsh Life at St.Fagans, the Express by Holiday Inn Cardiff Bay is your one and only choice for accommodation in Cardiff. The Express by Holiday Inn is located just off M4 Motorway, which makes access very easy, and brings you around the city centre, showing you attractions like you have never seen before. There is ample onsite parking, which is charged at £6 per 24 hours. For your peace of mind, our car park is monitored 24 hours a day by CCTV.Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay Hotel Cardiff
- Holiday Inn Cardiff Bay
- Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay Wales