“Top Location”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #34 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 6 February 2012

This hotel has a perfect location in the centre of Cardiff. It is directly opposite the Motorpoint Arena (or CIA as I know it!) & is literally 2 minutes walk to John Lewis & the St Davids Shopping Centre. If you don't want to go far to eat then there are plenty of eating places within the St Davids Centre (TGI's, Nandos, Chimi Changa, Pizza Express & loads more).

Check-in was fast & friendly...nice bright, modern recepetion area & bar.

The rooms were standard Park Inn type rooms...very clean with a modern look.

The parking in the hotel's underground car park was only £10 a night (& allowed us to keep our car there on check-out day whilst we went shopping). There aren't many spaces though & if it's full then there's the St Davids multi storey a few metres up the road & also a NCP open car park about 100 metres further on (these are more like £15-£18 for 24hours).

If your looking for a central base for shopping or a concert then this hotel is spot-on (especially at £55 for the night). If you want a real treat..spa facilities etc then this won't be for you.

I will definately stay here again....also the Premier Inn Cardiff Centre has an excellent location & nice clean rooms.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
MMorteo, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Hi Twynholm, thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We are so pleased you found our location ideal and the hotel to be modern, bight and clean.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon

Marisa Morteo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,551)

Reviewed 5 February 2012

on arrival the reception desk couldn't find my booking when they did find it i asked about a room upgrade as was pleasantly surprised to be told that they upgraded me to a executive room. nothing was to much trouble for the staff i phoned reception to ask for a phone charger it was delivered to my room in 5 mins.all in all good hotel and location was perfect .Only negative point was the E Mail i got when i was home saying they were going to charge me for the room as i didn't show up on the date booked?? a quick phone call to the hotel and was all cleared up.

Room Tip: ask for a upgrade!! you never know your luck
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
MMorteo, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Hi WalesBenny, what a great review, many thanks, the staff were really pleased!
We are glad you had a great stay and felt the service was worth mentioning.
We hope to see you back soon

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Our Company booked an evening of excellence awards dinner and were very pleased with the evening. Hotel staff were very helpful in planning our event and we were allowed access on the day of the dinner to set the room up as we wanted. Our staff commented on the lovely food, wine was good and overall the event was a huge success.

The hotel accommodation was of a very good standard for staff staying at the hotel.

Location was excellent for staff who wished to go into town after our event.

I would certainly recommend this venue for functions.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

HI Ruth B. We are very grateful to you for taking the time to write a review about the recent award dinner you attended. It is great to get such positive feedback abut the event and the accomodation too.
We are pleased you enjoyed the whole stay and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 1 February 2012

This hotel was booked for my wife and myself by my family, as a gift for my wife's birthday. I had read some of the reviews of the hotel, and was a bit apprehensive about it. From our arrival to our departure, all of the staff, we encountered, were exceptionally helpful and pleasant. The breakfasts every morning were very enjoyable, both in taste and selection. The location couldn't have been better. Across the road for the Motorpoint Arena, and about 100 yards from the shopping centre.
On a down side, we had to change rooms twice, because of plumbing problems, but on each occasion there was no hastle from the staff, and we were upgraded.
They obviously have a problem with their plumbing, so why the four stars. If you are looking for luxurious accommodation, this is not for you. But if you are looking for a comfortable, clean hotel, in a good location, at a reasonable price, I don't think that you will better this

Room Tip: Our first room on the fourth floor was a smallish twin. Our second and third rooms on the third flo...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi Billyhenderson, many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are sorry you had the inconvenience of room moving during your stay but are pleased you enjoyed the upgrade to our business friendly room. It is always great to hear the staff were attentive and that your trip was a pleasant one.

Hope you are able to stay again with us

Reviewed 31 January 2012

After reading many reviews, I must say I have always been very lucky staying at this hotel. It is in a great location, close to everything you need. The restaurant is good, tasty food and the staff are really friendly. I stayed again last week my 5th stay, for business and as usual was greeted with a big smile. My room was very clean, warm and had everything I needed for my stay. You sometimes cannot get a parking space but there are about 1000 less than a minutes walk! I would recommend this hotel time and time again as I personally have never had anything to complain about.

Room Tip: Business friendly rooms are excellent but standard are cheaper and just as clean.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

HI Jaydee365. Really wanted to thank you on behalf of us all at the hotel for your support and kind review. It is really appreciated

Hope to welcome you back soon

Regards

Reviewed 28 January 2012

We stayed for 1 night last weekend. the hotel is in a great location opposite the Motor point arena and next to St Davids and John Lewis shopping centres. You can walk anywhere from this hotel and it has parking underneath the hotel.
The room was well equiped, clean and had everything we needed. We booked breakfast when we checked in for £8.95 each and it was ok, a standard hotel buffet breakfast at a reasonable price. I last stayed here when it was Jury's and it has been refreshed and I would recommend the hotel for its location and parking.

1  Thank BUSTYBREEZER

Hi Bustybreezer. Thanks for your review, the hotel is ideally situated for all and we are glad you had an enjoyable stay with everything you needed. The hotel has had a face lift from its former Jurys days and we are pleased you like the 'new' look.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

cleanliness was good but don,t trust them house keepers, my bag of clothes got stolen with important documents, which cost me money.

Parking was 10pound per night. which is terrible especially when your paying £61 a night anyway.
In bristol you can get a good hotel for £45 a night with free parking.

Whats with that air conditioning system making loads of noises, im sure its interconnected with other rooms or sumthing.

The bed is the most uncomfortable bed ever and the pillows are just too thick. part from that the rest of the room was good.

the service was,nt the best it was like the staff did'nt have much of a idea what was going on.

The location was by far the best feature off this hotel its a shame really because the hotel has definately got good potential.

The food, well I had breakfast a few times and expected it to get better, but I have got to admit, it was the worst food I have ever had. I have also got to say i am not a fussy eater either, but that was bad.

Would I come back to this hotel? never unless under new management or upgrades on certain stuff like bedding and food.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Hi MJones, we are concerned about your review especially as neither the management team or myslef have not been made aware of any clothing that has been stolen from this hotel. If this is the case the police would have been called in and correct procedures followed to resolve such an accusation.

If you would like to discuss this further and report it then please contact me on the below number and we will indeed notify our local police station too

Marisa Morteo 07912 564 964