“Osmonds Concert”

Ranked #34 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
Cardigan Ceredigion
“Osmonds Concert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Excellent hotel, very friendly staff, we were upgraded + room was lovely. Breakfast had a very good variety, parking was also very good + safe. Thoroughly enjoyed my 1 night stay at Park Inn Cardiff

Room Tip: Park Inn Cardiff is very central especially for Concerts as it is across the road from The Motorpoin...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
MMorteo, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Hi Nuttytartlet16, Thank you so much , what a fantastic review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and felt looked after by the team.

We hope you will stay with the Park Inn chain again again

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
cornwall
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed at the Hotel On Sunday for the lil divo concert, Fantastic Stay, Very friendly Welcoming front of House Staff. Fantastic location to the shopping Centers and the motorpoint arena where the concert was held. Reception/lobby really gave the hotel the wow factor! nice and bright and lively, rooms was lovely and spacious too. all aspects of the hotel was fantastic, bar guys lovely friendly and welcoming, loved the fact you had il divo cd on playing! :) Breakfast was £6 per person which is deffinatly worth it, Breakfast staff was fantastic and they really shone for me, it was very busy in the restaurant when i came down at ten past 9. The breakfast host sarah i think her name was was more than helpful explaning there was a little wait with the tables and brought me a coffee whilst i waited for my table in the lobby area. Breakfast was lovely, Food was Stunning and every member of the breakfast team was lovely,chatty and welcoming which you dont normally see at a hotel when there busy. Well done to all the staff at this hotel i loved my stay and i will deffinatly be returing in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
MMorteo, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
563Elaine46. We are speechless, thank you so much for your fantastic review, the team were thrilled but worried at the same time -as they thought it looked like they could have written the review!!

Sincere thanks, we are so pleased we exceeded all your expecations.

Hope to see you again soon

Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

This Hotel is well worth the money - its clean, tidy and has a spacious reception area with very helpful and welcoming staff. The restaurant offers value for money and the staff are equally helpful and the food is lovely, and if you're attending a concert next door at the Motorpoint Arena (conveniently opposite the Park Inn), you couldn't ask for more. The bedrooms are accessible by two lifts and the room we had was a twin and non smoking and was very comfortable. In all it was my first trip to Wales and it was an amazing experience mainly due to the staff and weather, and l should mentioned, Cardiff shopping centre is only a 5min walk away. The train station only a 10min walk away too. Denfinitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: Always specify exactly what you're looking for when booking and the staff are only too willing t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Traveller45-11. Many thanks for taking the time to write your review, it is great to have feedback on all aspects of the hotel, food and service. Your kind comments put a smile on the faces of the whole team!!
We are pleased you chose to visit Wales and had such a great experience and hope you return again soon.

Swindon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

A group of us stayed here as we were going to a friend's birthday party in Cardiff. I'd not stayed in a Park Inn before but had the impression it was like Travelodge - we got a cheap deal on the internet, therefore I was expecting quite a low standard. However, I was pleasantly surprised that it was better than imagined.

True, the room decor isn't to everyone's taste and the rooms are quite basic/standard, but in my opinion, they were of a higher standard than Travelodge & good value for the price paid.

Parking is available at the hotel, which is £10, but it is limited & quite tight to get in (we have a big car) - luckily we were able to get a space. I believe there is another car park nearby if you can't get in (think it's NCP).

I was surprised of the standard of the reception and bar area - I thought it was really nice, although not everyone's cup of tea (it is quite modern/funky). Bar prices were reasonable.

Breakfast was ok - not bad for the price, although it seemed that the orange juice had gone off as it was fizzy!

Despite the hotel being on a busy road, we didn't get disturbed by any noise. We also didn't hear noise from any other rooms.

Check in & check out were good - had to queue, so it was a little slow, but the staff were very good and could not be faulted.

The location of the hotel is fantastic - the Motorpoint arena is opposite and it is only a short walk to the shops, bars and restaurants.

I would consider staying here again when next in Cardiff.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
MMorteo, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Hi PookieBear2011, Just wanted to say thanks for writing your review, we are pleased you gave our hotel and our brand a go and more importantly enjoyed your experience.
It is great to hear when we pleaseantly surprise our guests and we look forward to seeing again.

Many thanks

Llanelli, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and I have to say the location is ideal for the St Davids 2 shopping centre. Also in a prime location for the cafe and bar quarter and it is directly opposite the Motorpoint arena and Cineworld, with a very handy Tesco express next door.I stayed here when One Direction were in concert opposite in the Motorpoint Arena and I didn't hear a thing. This hotel also has a carpark beneath the hotel with reasonable rates compared to the expensive carparks around Cardiff city centre. I generally book this hotel through a quick deal site as you're guaranteed a bargain to stay here, generally on par with Travellodge prices. The decor of the rooms and reception isn't to everybody's taste, traditional hotel chain decor but in my opinion as long as my room is clean (it was spotlessly clean) I only sleep in it at the end of the night. I prefer to stay room only as Cardiff has a vast range of cafes, bars and restaurants where you could pick up a reasonable priced breakfast or an early lunch which is what I prefer to do, (try one of the cafes in the arcades). The only complaint I had from my last stay was the fact that my room overlooked reception therefore on opening the curtains in the morning you had no idea what the weather was like, trivial and bearable. Like I said you won't be dissapointed with the location and to be honest if you're after 5 star accomodation then book a 5 star hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
MMorteo, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Hi Shazza95. Many thanks for posting your review, it is much appreicated. It is great to hear you use the hotel regularly and find it so clean and convenient.

Hope to see you back soon and please don't hesitate to ask for a room with a window.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I booked this at a special price through Expedia and thought I had booked the Parc Hotel (which I knew) - similar names, so don't get the two confused! Luckily it was fairly close by.

Initial reactions OK - personally didn't like the decor in the reception area - but if red is your colour, you'll love it. Seemed like there were blinds and curtains everywhere shutting out the natural light in the public areas (the breakfast room too) - again, personally not to my taste, but not a big issue.

I had paid extra to stay in a 'business friendly' room - seemed to tick all the boxes when I walked in, a decent sized desk, power points, ethernet connection, trouser press, adequate space to hang up my suit etc.

However, things soon started to go wrong. I hope the staff at Park Inn read this, as I emailed the hotel two days ago and have heard absolutely nothing back.

1) Internet (which I thought came free with the business rooms) was being charged at £14 whether I tried wired or wireless, so I decided to take my laptop to a cafe instead (although to be fair, I was told at reception on check out that had I used it, the charge would have been removed at check-out. But that's not what the information in the room said.)

2) More importantly - shower leaked into room. I took a shower pretty late at night (towards midnight). When I came back into the room I discovered the carpet was wet particularly on the side nearest the bathroom wall. I had clothes lying on the floor, and they got wet and stained as a result. It was late so rather than report it straight away, I put towels down on the carpet, by the time I got up in the morning the problem had got worse. Hadn't had a great night sleep either as the room got very hot and there was no temperature control or A/C, you could open the window but then there was noise as the hotel is situated on a busy junction. In the morning, I went downstairs and when I returned from breakfast I discovered that workmen were already in the room and had taken the shower apart - the staff hadn't tried to contact me (they had made me fill in an information form on check-in, I had given them my mobile number and they would have had all of this anyway from Expedia). Just as well I didn't still need to use the bathroom.

I explained to the workmen that I was the guest in the room ('we had been told there was no one in here', they said) and that they could come back in ten minutes, as soon as I had packed my bags and checked out. I went down to check out and the receptionist (who was the same guy that checked me in) cheerfully took back my room card, said 'there's no extras to pay, all done, thank you very much' - so he would have known that I was in the flooded room - where upon I cleared my throat and said - 'Before we're finished, I should let you know that I had some issues with the room'. No attempt at an apology from the receptionist, 'oh, another guest must have reported water coming into their room'. Not even a realisation that the water coming into the room might have impacted upon me as well.

At the very least, the Park Inn can expect to receive a dry cleaning bill from me, and at the very least, I would like to receive a written response from them.

If you want my tip on where to stay in Cardiff - A Space in the City in Cardiff Bay is excellent, charges exactly the same and provides you with free parking, free internet, and around 4 times as much space - although there is a two night minimum stay that I couldn't meet on this occasion.

Room Tip: Not room 315!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Hi Gokhart1. We are sorry we did not exceed your expectations on your recent stay with us. We would like to confirm though that the hotel management team have been in touch and have tried to address your issues with you directly as we were not made aware during your stay of the issues you had experienced with the leak and your clothes until after you left.
We thank you again for bringing this to our attention and hope that you are satisfied with the resolution

Marisa Morteo

Travellers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

Idyllwild, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

For the price paid this is a full service hotel for the price of a Travelodge. Excellent all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast sets you up for business or pleasure. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and right next to the St. David's centre and a short walk to the station.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Andrew L
MMorteo, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Hi Andrew L, Thanks for taking the time to write your review and for the great comments, it has put smiles on all the staff's faces :)
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in Cardiff and hope you have reason to come to Wales again