“Fantastic Stay”

Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We booked the Park Inn Cardiff Hotel for a Friday night get away.
As we arrived to check in and we were checked in by Anna who was very friendly and professional member of staff who answered our questions about St David's which was right next store for our shopping trip on the Saturday.

We arrived down to the lobby to go out for dinner but stayed to listen to the live band playing in the bar which was brillent. We decided to stay and eat in the hotel which I can say I had the best Burger I have ever had, it was called I think a Cowboy.

I would have to say the staff where amazing as they were friendly, smiley and ensured we had every thing we needed for a Fantastic stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
MMorteo, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Hi Daniel B, Many thanks for posting a review about your recent stay. We are thrilled with your feedback especially about the team!!
P.S. I can recommend the Reggae Reggae burger if you like something with a little spice next time!

Hope to see you again soon

Marisa Morteo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I visited Cardiff on business last week. I usually stay at the Marriott however I wanted a change. A good bed & breakfast deal came up and I thought I would give it a go. To my surprise the staff were friendly, my room was clean and smelt very nice and had no delay when checking out. I Will be back soon, Highly Recommended!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Hi Matthew W, Thank you giving our hotel a try. We are so pleased to have exceeded your expectations and appreciative of you writing a review.

We hope to see you again soon

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2012

My partner and I booked a superior room for the weekend. Cost was £130. Seeing as this is a three star hotel we felt the price was inflated but since Cardiff was booked out this weekend we had to opt for this one. On arrival it surprised us that there was just one receptionist covering at 2pm which is the time everyone's told to check in. So not surprisingly there was a queue. We were told that we would get bathrobes with a superior room and had to wait four hours to get them. We were shocked to be charged to use the Internet. Five pounds for an hour. And the car park cost ten pounds. The bed was rock hard and the pillows are ridiculously small and uncomforable. The breakfast was okay but the so called hot breakfast didn't live up to expectations. The eggs and bacon and tomato and black pudding were all cold. For the price, I felt it didn't deliver.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
MMorteo, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 13 May 2012
Hi Nytorp, Many thanks for your feedback. We are sorry that your stay did not exceed your expectations and we will take your comments on board to make improvements.

My contact details are listed below should you wish to discuss some of your concerns with me directly

Again sincere apologies

+44 7912564964
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I have written about this hotel before. Tonight the standard of the food in the bar has made me log in to do this review. I just finished King Prawns in Pancetta - absolutely delicious! My compliments to the Chef (Finn I think).

I ahev stayed her quite a few times in the last three months. The hotel is being constantly improved and the weather this week has caused some problems. Because the staff here are so good it has made no difference to my stay.

I am a bit of a pain because I need my laundry done last minute, never know exactly how long I am going to stay, want to use the restaurant slightly outside the times they usuallly open and so on. Never an issue.

The staff in all areas of the hotel seem to really want to get it right. Bar, restaurant, reception, room staff, night staff, parking, location - great. No hotel is perfect but I am happy to stay here again and again.

If you are coming to Cardiff and want a bar, restaurant, room service, nice rooms and great service come here. If you have to stay for business and maybe away for a few days at a time then this is a great hotel.

The management here really have got it right for me.

Room Tip: Ask for Steve.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Hi AJones1, Many thanks for your comments and support. It is so motivating for the team when guests take the time to post their feedback especailly when it is about the team! We really appreciate your review as the team work hard and have the true Yes I Can attitude, so it is great when it is recognised and highlighted.

Many thanks again

Caerdydd, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2012

The food and staff were amazing. As soon as I walked in the staff were ready to help me, the food was amazing and the deserts were at of this world. The Hotel was so so nice inside woww

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
MMorteo, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Hi LeePetulengro, thank you for your review. Guests are often pleasantly surprised how different and modern our lobby and bar area is so we are pleased it had the Wow effect for you too.
We are also glad to hear the food exceeded your expecations- the deserts are my favourite too!!

Hope to see you soon

england
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel in April 2012 for one night after travelling to Cardiff for an event at The Motorpoint Arena. It was perfect as the arena was directly opposite. Hotel was clean and tidy and room was comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was good with a variety of options including full english buffet.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank whiskyvictor
Hi Whiskyvictor, We are so pleased you chose to stay with us whilst attending a concert at the arena and even more thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review it is much appreicated by the whole team.

We hope you have reason to come to Cardiff soon and look forward to welcoming you back

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Hotel is very easy to reach from Railway station, and on arrival the staff were very friendly. The booking in at the reception was very smooth. The room was very comfortable and clean. John Lewis and various other shops were literally around the corner so we spent the afternoon shopping and later on we attended a concert in the Motorpoint Arena with just across the road.
Everything was really convenient, no need for taxis for shopping or the concert. The breakfast was more than ample, the variety was excellent.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi Glasgow753, thanks you so much for your great review 5*! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and found the location so suitable and the hotel comfortable too.

Many thanks again and we hope to see you soon