“Tired hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
Whitstable, England
“Tired hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012 via mobile

Stayed there about 4 years ago and apart from public areas and a new carpet in our room, it hasnt changed and it needed updating then when it belonged to Jury's. Staff ok but breakfast was somewhat chaotic with a full house and the toaster certainly needed renewing all you got was warm bread even on the highest and slowest setting, won't stay again.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

Booked for 1 night after watching a show location is brilliant just across the road from motor point arena and literally 5 mins walk from shopping arcade! Liked the fact they had room service available all night, rooms were clean and comfortable staff pleasant and helpful, my only downside was £12 a day to park I thought if you were staying at the hotel it could be cheaper or even free but I guess there's never anywhere cheap to park in city's! Would stay here again.

1 Thank Lisa021187
mahesh j, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Dear lisa,

Wow! What a lovely opening to your review. Thank you so much!

We aim to deliver the best for our guests and we work hard to be second to none - so to hear that we delivered this for you; in our staff service and facilities is superb. Thank you so much for your kind feedback.

with the carparking charge we are trying our best to get a best value for our guest us being in the middle of the city centre and many thanks for your understanding.

I really do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

All the best to you from myself and my team.

warm regards,
Cardiff
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

hotel very clean bit noisy but very very hot. Excellent location and value for money, friendly reception staff - not sure about paying for parking extra

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank welshwomanPontypridd
mahesh j, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Dear welsh women pontypridd,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Inn we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Mahesh.
Coppell, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I'm in Cardiff again on business, this time for five days, and I think my company tries to eliminate me from the job by making me stay at this establishment. As in June 2012, my room is dank, old, brown and beige with psychedelic carpet patterns--reminds me of a California hippie hangout from the 1970's. The desk where I now sit is coated with a previous guest's chewing gum. There's no climatisation or air-conditioning, but thank heavens for the standing fan which will assist drowning out the profanities uttered by the local street urchins below. Try not to drive to this hotel because parking is terribly complicated, i.e. paying by credit card without a mobile telephone is not possible; hotel not responsible for parking situation because parking is for them conveniently outsourced. There isn't a fitness facility. Carpet has pebbles in it (rocks in my toes now), entry light doesn't switch on; now that evening sets in I notice the lamps emit brown light. Good points: Small in-room refrigerator, in-room documents digitised safe box, breakfast offering is pretty wide which is important for me. I wish this hotel would renovate and double its current price. I don't consider this currently value for money. I'd rather my company put me up at the town's youth hostel.

Room Tip: The facade facing John Lewis building and the adjacent pedestrian walkway is noisy in the summer aft...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kwansaii
mahesh j, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Hi Kwansaii,

Your comment really makes us very much concerned. We can’t really able to find your profile on our system at all on the mentioned time period. Please do not hesitate to call on the hotel number 0292072700 and I am more than happy to discuss with you on the concerns raised. Just to make you aware we do have taken your comment seriously and actioned the necessary.

Apologize again and if you allow us to speak to you, we can definitely put things right on your next visit.

Yours sincerely,
mahesh.

Travellers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

Stayed here for one night to attend Olympic 3rd place playoff game..
The hotel is in a good location and also has on site parking under the hotel (limited spaces) the rooms were clean and comfortable, tea coffee , tv also stereo and iron.
Beds were big and comfortable..
Only problem I experienced was during check in, when parking the car you needed exact change £12 only had £10 notes so wasn't willing to waste £8, wanted to go to reception to get some change but waited 5minutes and no one would answer the buzzer to open the door to the stairs, ended up walking around the hotel to reception but there was a big queue in reception, so in the end had to walk over to tesco to get some change, only minor problem I had, but other than that a good stay..

1 Thank reyno555
SHROPSHIRE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed here for the weekend after finding a bargain on one the the comparison sites. It's location is five minutes away from shops, restaurants and pubs with the arena opposite. Very clean and well run, good bars with a large restaurant. We wouldn't hesitate to stop here again when visiting Cardiff.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SUNLOUNGER123
mahesh j, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Dear Sunlounger,

thank you very much for your time in passing on your comment about your recent stay with us.
we are delighted to see your expectations where met.

Hope to see you soon.

warm regards,

Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here many times under it's present and previous proprietor - Jury's.

Parking is easy for larger vehicles if you use the staff/overflow carpark. Otherwise, the underground spaces are tight and you are likely to get your door damaged.

I would describe the greeting as efficient rather than friendly. I was allocated a room on the third floor wich was roasting and the window wouldn't open. I was found another room despite being told the hotel was full that night which was a relief (I had phoned ahead to specifically ask not to be given one of the rooms who's windows look out onto the internal reception atrium)!

Room was edequate - large bed, well furnished and plenty of lighting. TV picture was very poor if that sort of thing bothers you. Again, bathroom was edequate if a bit small. No air con in the bedrooms which dates the hotel.

No offers in the restaurant so didn't bother eating there. Plenty of choice in the city centre - all walking distance.

Breakfast was fine and quick. Second day was pretty much a repeat of the first.

Not my first choice in Cardiff city centre as there are no leisure facilities.

1 Thank Alister C