“unimpressed with visit”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #34 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed here in the middle of September for a night, booked the business suite, which it states includes bathrobes, upgraded toiletries,and mineral water, I had none of them, I did complain at the time but nothing was done about them. The room was clean and adequate.
The breakfast was ok, but I did feel as if I was being rushed as it was busy and I was on my own.
The hotel is well placed in the centre of Cardiff but be warned car parking is expensive.
I did e-mail the hotel on my return with my complaints but to date have heard nothing back.
Would I return or recommend,in a nutshell, no.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am disappointed to see that none of the requirements of the Business class room were met during your stay and I am upset to see your experience in the breakfast area where you encountered a rushed service. I have taken up the issues with my team so as to make sure that correct procedures are in place and issues like these wont reoccur causing inconvenience to our guests.
Again, I do apologise that your email wasn’t been responded to. Unfortunately I am unable to your booking in our system so as to investigate the root of the issues, hence would really appreciate if you could get in touch so as to discuss the issue further.
Please accept my apologise and I hope you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.
Mahesh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,537)

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Spent one night in this hotel. Room was a good size and comfortable. We noticed the basin in the bathroom had not been cleaned but a call to housekeeping resolved that fairly promptly. Although there is a car park, it is very small and was full when we arrived. We were told you cannot reserve a space. However, the hotel is right next door to the St. David's 24-hour car park with 2000 spaces. There are lots of restaurants within a short walking distance from the hotel. The breakfast was very good (and hot) but the orange juice was awful. Would stay here again if in Cardiff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback about us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities that the room had to offer. As you said we do take extreme pride in our location being so close to the city and major tourist attractions that Cardiff has to offer.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write this feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you back to this wonderful city.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed mid week for night out in Cardiff. Great central location with parking, room was clean and what you would expect from a mid range priced city centre hotel. Staff were friendly at reception and check in was quick.

Ideal for nights out in city centre and easy to get to. Would stay there again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We recently stayed at the Park Inn as a group of 3 whilst on a business trip. The hotel itself is in a great location, and only a short walk to all the food eateries, bars, and the castle!

The hotel is very modern in style. The foyer is a great area with a very contemporary bar. The decor of the bedrooms again were very contemporary, and the business rooms we stayed in were a great size, and had everything you would need. Although we were in such a good location, there was very little traffic noise, so we all had a great sleep.

All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful throughout our stay, and we would not hesitate to stay again.

Thanks from all at the Freedom Team!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the feedback, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the hotel had to offer. As you said we do take extreme pride in our location as we are heart of the city center close to all the major events and attractions that Cardiff has to offer.
Again, many thanks for the feedback and we hope to see you soon when your travels brings you back to this wonderful city.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed here with my friend at the end of August and a few days after our stay came out in what I could only say where bedbug bites. I had to go to the doctors and get anti-biotics, anti- histamines and steroid cream. I researched the bites and found this to be the only explanation. I contacted my friend to hear she too had bites. I live in Birkenhead and she lives in Leeds.....seems far too much of a co-incindence.
We did encounter a large spider in the bathroom also. As we had been working we just crashed and I didn't really look at the beds at the time....I will NEVER go to a hotel with giving the mattress a full inspection again.
I rang the hotel and they did not seem overly surprised and gave me a full refund and then claimed they had the room checked and there was nothing there.
I will never stay at this hotel again and I will ALWAYS inspect everything.
I was quite ill through lack of sleep and the medicines I had to take and would hate anyone else having to suffer like I did.
I had around 80 bites in total.
The rooms otherwise were very dated and lacked air conditioning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Glamglass

Dear Rachel,

I am really sorry once again for your alergetic reaction.Please see below the draft of my final email to you confirming the details after my investigation.
please feel free to contact me at maheswarn.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com if i may assist you with any more further details.

Dear Rachel,

I am really sorry to see the pictures which you have shared with us.

As spoken earlier on the phone we do have a strict policy and procedure in place for handling the bed bug in our hotel.

Please be assured the room 502 you have reported have now been tested and certified by our consultant ECOLAB for any trace of live bugs in the room(no treatment necessary as per ECOLAB). As per our record we never had any guest complaint from the room 502 since you have checked out.

However only on a good will gesture and up on your request we will be refunding you’re your entire stay for two nights along with the parking charges by cheque today.

At this point I won’t be able to confirm, the bed bug bite or the allergetic reaction you had is due to your stay with us, it could be from anywhere else or anything else.

please do not hesitate to call me if you need any more info from my side.

Have a good day and wish you a speedy recovery.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Usually stay at the Radisson Blu across the road, however a change is as good as a rest they say!

Unfortunately not in this case, check inn was lacking interaction and no effort made to acknowledge me as a Carlson club member who uses Radisson hotels on a very regular basis.

I asked if there was water in the room and was quickly told NO, but water was available to buy from the bar (the strange thing was there was a bottle of still HYDR8 in the room)
I requested a quiet room, not a big request, I was informed it was a quiet room at check in by Marta L. My room was on the first floor facing the 24 Tesco and above the bin area, and to add to this the window was broken.
I requested a move and Marta was helpful over the phone, I waited 10 minutes then got moved to a much quieter room by an excellent member of the food service team.
Only one person on reception so you could imagine why service standards can drop vs the Blu that has lots more staff.
The rooms are basic, have no air conditioning and the beds are not as comfortable as other hotel chains.
If the room rates were much lower I could understand but at £95 for a standard room on a Tuesday night, I would chose several hotels over the Park Inn.
I believe the service is much better at sleeperz hotel according to a couple I spoke to, and they are half the price.
Rooms were clean and tidy but lift and corridors were generally poor.

Room Tip: As high as possible facing the quieter side of the City.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve E

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time taken to write this feedback. I am disappointed to see that you didn’t have a pleasant stay in our hotel. Please be assured that this is not our normal standard. I have discussed your feedback with my team and raised my concerns and have taken all the internal measures to make sure that similar incidences don’t repeat again.
I would hope that you would give us another chance to change your opinion about us. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me at maheswaran.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com if you may wish to discuss this issue further.
Best Regards

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Hoping it would be "Third Time Lucky" after my last two stays in Cardiff, and it was. Greeted by a friendly Receptionist, booked in, entered lift which was free from strange noises (a relief) found our room which was clean tidy and two pillows on each bed lovely, not easy trying to sleep on a folded pillow!! Bed was comfy, no squeaks. After a good nights headed downstairs for breakfast, no complaints there, good choice, as much as you wanted, and plenty of tea, buffet staff were friendly, and it was nice to see that tables were cleared and not left. Another word of praise for the reception staff, they pass on messages!! Whe going to the lift one of the doos was sticking, the closer on the top had slipped, mentioned it before breakfast, when we went back to our room after about 45 mins it was fixed. Did not notice train noise, but was rudely awakened by the sound of a police siren. Date of stay 5 October

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that we ticked off all the boxes for your stay. I have discussed your feedback with the rest of my team and they are glad that their effort was appreciated at this platform.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write this feedback and we hope to see you back when your travel brings to back to the wonderful city.
Best Regards