“Wouldn't stay again”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #33 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We parked in the Hotel underground car park (£12 for 24 hours) & it wouldn't accept credit cards so we had to go to the cash machine - not a good start, apparently the Hotel do not run the car park & anyone can use it whether they are a guest or not (you cannot reserve a place in advance).

There was a queue of 12 people at check-in with one receptionist on duty – come on! We were asked at check-in if we wanted to reserve a table for dinner in the restaurant that evening, we said we’d get back to them as we weren’t sure (more on this later).

The room was average at best, the whole place is overdue a facelift.

As it was close to Christmas we decided that the restaurants near the Hotel would be very busy so when we returned to our room from shopping we called the Hotel restaurant to book a table only to be told that there was a function in the restaurant that evening so no guests could use it! We were offered room service so we could sit on the bed & eat dinner – no thanks!

Overall a very poor stay, we wouldn’t recommend it & wouldn’t stay here again until it has been refurbished.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am sorry to see that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. I am very surprised with your situation with the car park as since October we have a Card machine which has been installed in the car park to enable our guest an added facility.
I do apologies for the inconvenience that our restaurant being fully booked on account of the function must have caused and I can understand that the alternative for room service must not have been ideal.
I agree with you that there are areas of the hotel which are in need of refurbishment and you would be pleased to know that we are planning a soft refurb this year.
Please be assured that we have taken all the internal measures to make sure that issues like these don’t reoccur. I hope you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you wish to discuss this issue further.

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

On arriving at hotel I was made to feel welcome, the room was immaculate. Perfect location. Good selection of drinks and breakfast fit for a king! The only gripe I had was on booking I advised we had a car to be told thats ok we have a car park, on arrival I was informed it was full.. had to park elsewhere.
Definitely would return

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the room had to offer.
I have discussed your feedback with my team and they are very happy that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff at this platform.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and I hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in March 2013 overnight, as we was off to the one direction concert it was great as we was opposite the arena so no rushing. Staff very friendly and helpful, reception area is very modern and clean. Our room was great very clean and catered to all our needs. Beds were very very comfy! Breakfast was great too! Would defiantly recommend and would return!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay along with all the facilities that the hotel had to offer.
I have discussed your feedback with the rest of my team who are glad that their effort was appreciated at this platform.
Again, many thanks for your wonderful feedback and we hope to see you back when your travel brings you back to this wonderful city.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Booked in for a night which was good value at under £60 per room including breakfast. The room itself was OK but there were some cobwebs in the corners of the room and on waking next morning the window steamed up due to poor ventilation (I could have opened the window!). The tea/coffee in the room seems to be going the way of most with just 2 tea bags, coffee sachets and 4 pots of milk. I do recall with there was plenty of tea, coffee and milk.

The breakfast was really good and plenty of everything, arrived around 0830 which was good because by 0900 it was getting full.

The staff throughout were friendly & helpful. Car parking underneath the hotel has also changed, it's now pay and display (card facility wasn't working when I arrived so had to find cash) and the downside of this is that shoppers are using the car park despite the notice that the car park is for hotel users only. This is a major drawback for me, I tend to book this hotel during busy holiday periods etc as public card parks tends to be full.

Room Tip: There are some rooms with no external windows, and when booking there was no twin/double bed on offe...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your valuable feedback.I have shared your feedback with the rest of my team and be rest assured that all corrective actions have been taken to make sure that these issues don’t reoccur.In terms of the tea coffee etc in the room next time just give us a call to our reception and we will get ample enough to the room.
Again, thank you for your feedback and hope to see you soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here whilst visiting Cardiff on business. Good hotel with fantastic location! Hotel was very noisy though due to Xmas parties being held in the hotel and being right next door to the Motorpoint Arena. ( I didn't mind the noise so much as I can sleep through anything). The rooms are comfortable with all the usual facilities included such as desk, tea & coffee, hair dryer, iron & ironing board and a safe. Breakfast was usual Buffett style choice of continental and/or cooked breakfast & Restaurant menu for evening meals was varied.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Katie S

Dear Guest,
next time please let us know we could get you a room away from noice.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stopped at the Park Inn for a concert at the Motorpoint Arena on arrival we parked in the underground car park which is handy but I think it should be free for guests and a space reserved when booking we checked in at reception where the staff provided great service and advised us that we were being upgraded to a business class room at no extra cost which was really nice the room was modern well decorated and clean and the bed was large and comfortable the only thing that wasn't ideal was the position of the electric point for drying your hair! Breakfast staff were helpful and friendly with a good choice of food which was buffet style. Bar staff were very professional and attentive. We will be planning to stop at the Park Inn in Cardiff for the next concert we attend.

Room Tip: Try and book a high floor room not on the car park entrance side because of the noise
1  Thank jollyjohnwales

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

stayed for 2 nights as a family treat. Excellent location for concert venue and shopping. We had a junior suite which cost us £110 per night so out expectations were high
room size was great but apart from that it all went downhill, in the lounge area the carpets and sofas were badly stained, the lighting in both lounge and bedroom was atrocious, girls if you need to put makeup on you cant see what your doing very well, electric heaters not working so there was a small standalone heater provided, room and corridor outside smelt damp, bed was very hard as were the pillows, we had to ask for extra bedding as it was cold, there was 3 guests in the room but only provision for 2 guests, on arrival a member of staff bought up a tea plate with 2 truffles on to welcome us not 3.
Apart from the fact that it is in a very good location you get just as good service and quality of room from a premier inn

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your time in writing your feedback.Really disappointed to see your feed back and my sinciere apology for the inconvienience caused.
Please do not hesitate to contact me on my email maheswaran.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com and I am more than happy to assist you.

warm Regards,