“Weekend in Cardiff, fantastic location!”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Weekend in Cardiff, fantastic location!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights in early February with my sister. I was presently surprised as how close the hotel was from Cardiff central train station. It is in fact located across the road from the motor point arena which would be fantastic for anyone wanting to see a show AND get a good nights sleep, the st David's shopping centre is around the corner and there are numerous bars, restaurants and shops less than five minutes walk away.
The staff were very helpful and the room itself, although dated, was clean and comfortable with plenty of storage. The bed was very comfortable and the addition of a plug in heater made the room very cozy on a typically Welsh weather day.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the room had to offer. As you said we take extreme pride in our location being so close to the city center with all the major attraction and events the city has to offer. As you said about the rooms being a bit dated, I am aware of it and pleased to let you know that we are planning to have a soft refurbishment in the middle of the year which should give the hotel a fresh look.
Again, many thanks for taking the time to write this feedback and I hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you to this wonderful city.
Mahesh.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with work in September. This is a hotel in the heart of the city centre.

For a city hotel represents real good value for money and the breakfast was good quality too. We are in the restaurant which was reasonable for what was paid. All in all a good hotel for city centre visit.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the room had to offer.
I have discussed your feedback with my team and they are very happy that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff at this platform.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and I hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city.
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Stay here for my bday with friends for the weekend it's very close to the town u can walk every were . I have got to say my room was clean I did thing the bed was to hard I wouldn't stay with kids as to nosey from the town at night but great if its just u and friend just to party xx

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the hotel had to offer.
we do have nice and quiet family rooms.Hence please do not worry if you are coming with your kids next time. please let us know we could get you a room away from noise etc...

wish you a belated happy birthday from all of us here at ParkInn.

Bremen, Germany
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Located in the city centre, but remarkably peacefull. Good service, nice bright rooms anf good beds. Breakfast was better than in most hotels that I have stayed at in Cardiff. Park Inns are good value for money and so also here. Reception staff were great, helping us with restaurant suggestions and even booking tables.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. It gives me immense happiness to know that we met all your expectations.
I have discussed your feedback with my team and they are very happy that you appreciated our product and their service at this platform.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you when your travel brings back to Cardiff.
Kind Regards,
Bruton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

First the positives. Great value (£50 for two with breakfast) and a great location feet from the Motorpoint Arena and St Davids shopping centre. Breakfast was good, with the exception of a raw croissant. Bed was comfortable and clean.

The impressive foyer flatters to deceive that this is a modern four star hotel. It's not.

Our room had broken bedside lamps (smashed bulb), the main standard light wasn't working, the TV remote didn't work, the (free) wifi wasn't working, the armchair had a metal spring sticking out of it, and in one corner the damp was really bad, with a wall panel coming off.

To the hotel's credit they fixed the light issues extremely promptly.

Everything is just a veneer painted on a very run down and tatty infrastructure. This hotel badly needs a full refit.

The bar looks good but the unglamorous economy tumblers the drinks are served in wreck it.

Overall I can forgive a lot for the price and location which saves this hotel from a 2 or even 1 star rating.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tcm2007
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am disappointed to see the issues that you encountered when you went in the room and I am glad that these issues were sorted quickly. I do agree with you that there are areas of the hotel that look tired and you would be glad to know that we are planning for a soft refurbishment planned in the middle of the year which should give the hotel a fresh look. I have discussed your feedback with my team and be rest assured all the internal measures have been taken to get resolve these issues.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city.
Moscow
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Another lovely place to stay. Great location, friendly stuff as usual.
It was a brief visit, so can't say much about restaurant's menu but breakfasts were nice.
The room was clean, tea-coffee included.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the hotel had to offer. As you said we do take extreme pride in our location being in the heart of the city center closer to all major attraction that Cardiff has to offer.
Many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city.
Best Regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We wanted a central Cardiff location with easy parking to meet friends for a meal and were also attracted to the £49 for 4 deal. The Hotel is modern and Foyer impressive. However, the Restaurant decor was slightly disappointing and tables quite basic. We went on a Thursday night and it was very quiet. However, the staff were lovely - Oscar was particularly friendly and helpful! The meal itself was surprisingly good. The deal was for two courses and we had a starter and mains. We all chose the steak which was delicious. The wine list offered a good choice and was well-priced. A good evening and we would go again!

Room Tip: Tip - as the Hotel was quite quiet we were able to use the car park at the Hotel - £6 for over 3 hou...