“Great stay”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
“Great stay”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I did stay in the hotel on my visit to cardiff on behalf of my company , it was my first time in the country so didnt know what to expect. Was greeted by very helpful receptionist who was very helful and knowledgeable and provided me with a good room and lot of information about the nearby restaurants. Room was nice and clean and had everything I needed for a comfortable stay. Internet was free which is refreshing. Breakfast had a huge variety and was hot and fresh. Will definately recommend to anyone visiting cariff and would definately stay again myself.

• Stayed January 2014
Sameer G, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am glad that we made you feel at home on your first visit to Cardiff and the country. I hope the information about the local area that you obtained from the Front Desk was helpful and met your needs. I have discussed your feedback with the rest of my team who are happy that our efforts to please you with our product and services were appreciated at this platform.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city.
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

hotel was standard as far as i was concerned.....
food at breakfast was plentiful and hot ,very large choice to cater for all tastes..
staff at breakfast were pleasant and cheerful.
bar could have used more staff ,sat night you had to wait quite a period of time to get a drink.
car park is 12.00 per 24 hour period,beware there is not many places there.....
down side and this was a big one ,the matteres was dirty and very badly stained........the answer was to put a cover over it......if we had'nt been travelling for so long, we would have walked out,it was disgusting..........personal even though other factors were good ,because of that and the attidude of management i will not go there again,and advise others to check there bedding.

Room Tip: not above the bar area
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am disappointed to see that you just had an average stay at our hotel whereas we always strive to exceed your expectation. I have taken up the issue with short staff with my Food and Drink manager who will make sure there are adequate staff to avoid long ques at the bar.
With regards to the stain on the mattress, please accept my humble appologies and many thanks for making us aware of the issue. We always advise our guest in case of issues like these, rather than living with it, to dial '0' from their so that your management team can take actions straight away and resolve the issue upto your satisfaction. Please be assured that all the corrective actions have been taken so that these issues dont re-occur.
Again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this valuable feedback and I hope that you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.
Wales
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Booked into the hotels restaurant through Groupon which was very difficult to do as he had to ring as back to check availability. The cost was great value and we were initially impressed when we walked into the hotel lobby and on into the restaurant. Varied menu with typical high priced items for a hotel. Food was good when it came - I had the salmon and my friend had the lamb! Our issue with the restaurant was the level of service we received. The waiter was overly attentive hovering over us. The food brought to our table was for another table. The lamb came correctly but I was brought chicken. I informed the waiter of the mistake as my friend ate a piece of bacon off her meal which was correct. Instead of taking the chicken away which I thought he would do he took both meals away and promptly give them to the diners who had ordered the meals. We couldn't believe it and the waiter thought nothing about doing this. The restaurant was not full with around 9 tables occupied but the same waiter managed to take an order from another table and then lose the order coming back after about 10 mins to inform them. I won't be using this hotel or restaurant paying full or a discounted price again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am very sorry to see the issues that you encountered while dining with us. I have discussed your feedback with my restaurant team and my Food and Drink manager who have taken your feedback on board and all corrective actions have been taken to make sure that these issues dont reoccur.
Again, many thanks for your time as feedback like yours helps us identify the problem areas and helps us fine tune our operation.
Manager

Travellers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 3 days ago and was quite impressed with the standard of service provided. The check in was quick and friendly. Was upgraded to business class which was good quality room for the money we paid. The location is the best part as it Right in the city centre and everything right next to it. The breakfast was a good spread
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the room had to offer. As you said we take extreme pride in our location being in the heart of the city center closer to all the major tourist attractions and events that Cardiff has to offer.
I have also discussed your feedback with the rest of my team who are glad that your efforts were appreciated at this platform.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you to the wonderful city.
Salisbury
Reviewed 6 March 2014

All in all a reasonable hotel for a short stay - standard room quality, centrally located with friendly staff - and lively (on the day we stayed) bar/central lobby. The only real draw back is car parking. I managed to get the last space in the very small hotel car park - but if not arriving late at night and find a car park would have presented a considerable challenge - so arrive early!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sameer G, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you had a positive experience thoughout your stay. With regards to car parking, we are amongst very few city center hotels who have the luxury of in house car park , but at the same time we face with the limitation of space where we have only 30 spaces and we restrict it to first come first serve basis, the rate for the car park is also very reasonable compared to other city center hotel which is £12 for 24 hours parking.
I can understand that it would not always be possible to find a space in our car park especially when the hotel is full, but there is a St David's car park which is just a stones throw away and is a totally secured parking with 2000 spaces charged at £18 for 24 hours.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you when your travel brings you back to Cardiff.
Kind Regards
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

this hotel is situated in a great possision for cardiff centre.food and drink is a lot better than we expected from a hotel and very competitive prices. the rooms nice and very clean, staff could not have been better. its just a great place to stay.we will be going back soon. ken b

Room Tip: i would think all rooms are of the same stadard
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sameer G, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderfull feedback. As much as we appreciate the value of Negative criticism we do enjoy a nice pat on the back on occassions. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and also took advantage of the dining experience in our Restaurant bar and grill.
As you said we do take extreme pride in our location being in the heart of the city close to all the local events and attractions the city has to offer.
Kind Regards
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Booked through Expedia 35.00 for twin room with breakfast great price as me and my husband love Cardiff for a night out it was my birthday weekend so we picked this hotel for how cheap it was, also we were upgraded to a kingsize after telling them it was my birthday, as you go into the hotel the reception area is fantastic, we left our bags because or rooms were not ready till 2pm and it was only 1pm, when we went back at 5pm went to the room we had no towels and had to phone down for some which was brought up very quickly, if we wanted to be picky with the room we could have been but we only paid 35.00 with breakfast, would I use it again yes I would great central hotel right in the centre of a fantastic city.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback I am glad that you took advantage of our promotion on Expedia where you got such a fantastic price for the room.We do receive loads of compliment about our stylish lobby and I am glad that you appreciated it. I have raised the issue about the lack of amenities in your room when you checked in with my House Keeping department who in take have taken up corrective actions to make sure these issues dont re-occur.
I would again like to thank you for your time taken to write this feedback and would hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you back to this wonderful city.