“Worth to try !”

Ranked #34 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Worth to try !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Park Inn during a business trip to Cardiff and thought it was only right to share my experience.
The reception area felt very welcoming and clean but reception staff were unimpressive

My room was allocated on the 3rd floor , it was basic but very clean.
I did have a problem with the lights but it was fixed almost immediately by very friendly maintenance guy ( I think he is name was Tony ) .
The corridors are in big need of refurbishment as the carpet looks very worn and tatty .
Breakfast was great with lots of choice and my dinner was cooked to perfection.
The service in restaurant a bit slow but you are served with smile. Only one little thing, someone needs to explain to the staff that it is polite and professional to only remove glasses and plates when they are empty and it's obvious that the guest has finished .
Despite the negatives overall I had enjoyable stay and would recommended this hotel to friends and family

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Sameer G, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay and thats exactly what we intend to do. I have also shown your feedback to Tony who is very happy that his efforts were apprciated on this platform, plus as per the hotel policy where every employee when mentioned on a good feedback are rewarded with incentives for their hard work and Tony is looking forward to his.
With regards to the attidude of the staff I have discussed it with respective department heads who have taken the matter of training issue on board so as to avaoid any inconvenience to our guests.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you to our wonderful city.
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
West Sussex
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Upon arriving, parking and deciphering the silly parking payment system we got into the lift lobby to be overwhelmed by paint fumes which remained into the lift. Reception was nice enough, very RED decor, very "fire up the Quattro!"
My room was stiflingly hot, as a result of a storage heater which unplugged quickly and opened the thankfully tilting window. My sleep was disturbed by usual city noise but made worse by having a room above the bin store on bin day.
In the morning i could barely get my shower above cold, and then i couldnt get it to turn off. The control had clearly seen many ineffective repairs before now. I phoned reception who said to leave it. The running water became unbearable and so i packed, went to breakfast and checked out. Breakfast and waiting for my colleague to arrive so we could leave was the highlight of my stay.
Its a clapped out city centre hotel, stained carpets, bodged repairs. AVOID.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank LukeTrippy
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am very disappointed to see the issues that you encountered in your room. Please let me assure you that this is not the normal standard that we practice accross brands.
I have discussed your feedback with the concerned departments and be rest assured that all corrective actions have been taken to make sure that these issues dont reoccur.
I hope this experience doesnt refrain you from using us in the future and please dont hesitate to contact myself if you wish to discuss this issue further.
Manager

Travellers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is opposite the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff. Our room was clean and comfortable and well equiped.

The restaurant for dinner was OK as was service but we had to chase several times as we were going to a show. Breakfast was a different matter. There was plenty of choice and staff were more attentive.

There is limited parking in the hotel itself but there is a pay and display close by.

Overall a good hotel and we would use it again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and all the facilities that it had to offer. As you said we do take extreme pride in our location being in the heart of the city center closer to all the major events and attractions the city has to offer.
I would also like to appologise for the inconvience caused to the chasing the waiter for your food order and I have also alerted my Food and Beverage manager who has taken the issue on board and has assured me that these incidences dont reoccur.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you back to this wonderful city.
Province of Venice, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

To sum it up I felt like the Great Gatsby during our stay at this outstanding Hotel property. The area location is really great. The Management have found a special recipe for success in how the staff are consistently top notch and the food and accommodation beyond 5 stars! We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived, as front office staff was very welcoming and friendly. The room which is been given to us was jaw dropping in terms of its size, interior design, functionality, and ambience... In fact it was hard to pull ourselves away from the room during the day to go sightseeing. The dining room and lounges were incredibly cozy and the food and drinks were outstanding.The staff were extremely engaged, and professional. Everyone new our names from the minute we arrived to the minute we left. Everything at this hotel is first class and they set the standard from which other hotels should strive for. After staying at world famous resorts in the Maldives and thinking we had seen it all, the Milestone lifted our spirits being our last stay on our epic vacation. Thanks to the management (Especially the very welcoming Manager Mr.Sameer, Rooms Division Manager) and the staff for making our stay so special. We look forward to a return trip.

• Stayed March 2014
Sameer G, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking your time to write this wonderful review.
I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and we exceeded your expectation. I have shared your feedback with the rest of my team who are glad that their efforts to please you through our product and service were appreciated at this platform.
Again, thank you for the wonderful feedback and we hope to welcome and delight you again when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I did stay in the hotel on my visit to cardiff on behalf of my company , it was my first time in the country so didnt know what to expect. Was greeted by very helpful receptionist who was very helful and knowledgeable and provided me with a good room and lot of information about the nearby restaurants. Room was nice and clean and had everything I needed for a comfortable stay. Internet was free which is refreshing. Breakfast had a huge variety and was hot and fresh. Will definately recommend to anyone visiting cariff and would definately stay again myself.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am glad that we made you feel at home on your first visit to Cardiff and the country. I hope the information about the local area that you obtained from the Front Desk was helpful and met your needs. I have discussed your feedback with the rest of my team who are happy that our efforts to please you with our product and services were appreciated at this platform.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city.
St Austell, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

hotel was standard as far as i was concerned.....
food at breakfast was plentiful and hot ,very large choice to cater for all tastes..
staff at breakfast were pleasant and cheerful.
bar could have used more staff ,sat night you had to wait quite a period of time to get a drink.
car park is 12.00 per 24 hour period,beware there is not many places there.....
down side and this was a big one ,the matteres was dirty and very badly stained........the answer was to put a cover over it......if we had'nt been travelling for so long, we would have walked out,it was disgusting..........personal even though other factors were good ,because of that and the attidude of management i will not go there again,and advise others to check there bedding.

Room Tip: not above the bar area
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am disappointed to see that you just had an average stay at our hotel whereas we always strive to exceed your expectation. I have taken up the issue with short staff with my Food and Drink manager who will make sure there are adequate staff to avoid long ques at the bar.
With regards to the stain on the mattress, please accept my humble appologies and many thanks for making us aware of the issue. We always advise our guest in case of issues like these, rather than living with it, to dial '0' from their so that your management team can take actions straight away and resolve the issue upto your satisfaction. Please be assured that all the corrective actions have been taken so that these issues dont re-occur.
Again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this valuable feedback and I hope that you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.
Wales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Booked into the hotels restaurant through Groupon which was very difficult to do as he had to ring as back to check availability. The cost was great value and we were initially impressed when we walked into the hotel lobby and on into the restaurant. Varied menu with typical high priced items for a hotel. Food was good when it came - I had the salmon and my friend had the lamb! Our issue with the restaurant was the level of service we received. The waiter was overly attentive hovering over us. The food brought to our table was for another table. The lamb came correctly but I was brought chicken. I informed the waiter of the mistake as my friend ate a piece of bacon off her meal which was correct. Instead of taking the chicken away which I thought he would do he took both meals away and promptly give them to the diners who had ordered the meals. We couldn't believe it and the waiter thought nothing about doing this. The restaurant was not full with around 9 tables occupied but the same waiter managed to take an order from another table and then lose the order coming back after about 10 mins to inform them. I won't be using this hotel or restaurant paying full or a discounted price again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am very sorry to see the issues that you encountered while dining with us. I have discussed your feedback with my restaurant team and my Food and Drink manager who have taken your feedback on board and all corrective actions have been taken to make sure that these issues dont reoccur.
Again, many thanks for your time as feedback like yours helps us identify the problem areas and helps us fine tune our operation.