“Park Inn Cardiff Central”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #33 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed for 2 nights at the weekend, fantastic location, very clean and tidy.

Our romm was fine, however there were a few annoying faults, firstly the TV did not work it was having problems receiving BBC, the coffee and sugar was not replenished after the first night and the toilet seat was very loose.

As I say only minor points but theses are the small issues the hotel need to address if they want to get higher stars than 3.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tone08
Sameer G, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review about us. I am disappointed to see the issues that you encountered in your room throughout your stay. With issues like these we always advise our guests that rather than living with the issues to just pick up the phone in the guest room and dial the 24 hour reception to make us aware so that we can resolve the issue straight away until your satisfaction.
I have discussed your feedback with my team and please be assured that we have taken all corrective measures to make sure that these issues dont repeat.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope you will give us another chance to change your opinion.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I suppose I shouldn't really complain as I wasn't paying. It was a quick work overnighter as I was attending a conference at the Motorpoint across the road the very next day. I stayed on 26th March in room 127. Sean on reception was certainly courteous enough. However, when I accessed my room I was disapointed that I had an infacing room. Meaning that my room window faced inwards into the hotel rather to the outside. I couldn't open a window.
When first entering the room I thought I had no bedding. Well no duvet anyway. I went down to reception to report and although Sean said they would 'get on to it' they took their time. I had to ring to remind them and also report that the TV remote did not work and I couldn't alter the air con. The the housekeepereventuallly attended who was very nice and did her best. Apparently I had a duvet. Only it was the thinnest duvet I have ever encountered in my life! I thought it was the matress protector! The very nice housekeeper gave me another thing to put on the bed and that was fine in the end. However I was offerd no help with the air con. The house keeper did not know how to reduce the noise and asked me to write a note so she could pass to reception. This I did but did not get a response. I gave up waiting and went to bed. The noisy ventilator thing kept me awake most of the night.

On a possitive, the room was spotlessly clean and I was impressed with the fruit instead of the usual custard creams by the tea tray. Do not be put off by the pictures of the very red lobby on the website. The pictures do not do the bar area and lobby any justice at all. It is actually more stylish than the pictures have you believe. Certainly a good place to stay if attending events in Cardiff. Very convienient.

I would just about recommend as an OK place to stay for a stop over. I think I was just unlucky with my room.

Room Tip: I anticipate that the infacing rooms will have noisy air con. Room 127 is very noisy.
1  Thank ohsoso
Sameer G, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback about your stay. I have discussed your feedback with my team. The issue of aircon noise in 127 has been addressed and dealt with by our maintenance team. Also I am pleased that you found our rooms spotless and appreciated our initiative of pacing fruits instead of normal custard creams and as you said about our lobby I cant agree with you more on the WOW factor involved there.
Again, many thanks for your feedabck and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city of Cardiff.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stay at this hotel regularly and I find that the staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are well-appointed, I request non-feather bedding and the bed is very comfortable. The bathroom is bright and has a strong shower. The toiletries are basic but I bring my own in any case. I tried room service and it's excellent if not a bit expensive. Breakfast is a straightforward buffet - with continental and cooked breakfast options. Only one warning - the parking is diabolical, although you are only a short walk from a bright an airy public carpark. Parking is difficult because the car park is small, the spaces are narrow so sometimes people park across two spaces so one space is wasted. Park Inn is opposite the Cardiff Arena so you do get some noise and busy-ness when there are events on, but you can ask for an inside facing room. The hotel is very centrally located, right next to John Lewis and near all the restaurants and the huge shopping centre St David's. I stay at this hotel for business and chose it over some of the others for its location, the staff and the fact that it feels a bit like a home away from home, some of the other hotels may have more facilities but you are treated more like just another guest.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
1  Thank Elizabeth L

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time taken to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the room had to offer. I can understand that parking can be a bit of an issue especially in a city center property like us being limited with the parking spaces, but on the plus side there is a St david's Car park which is just a stones throw away providing 2000 car park spaces. I can not agree more on your coment about making you feel home away from home as thats what we intend to do and I am glad that we succeded.
I have shared your feedback with my staff who are glad that their effort to please you have been appreciated at this platform. Again, many thanks for you feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Which is great if you are going to a concert, not so great when you are trying to sleep as I could hear the music in my room.
The hotel is a little tired particularly in the public areas, the reception is fine, but in the corridors the carpet was worn to a grey blur and the paint was chipped etc.
Not enough attention is paid to detail as I could see one room on my floor had the problem of the door banging against it and not even a temporary solution was put in place. The bedside lights in my room did not match and the shade on one was broken, the nets were hanging down a little and this just made the room look scruffy. These problems can be easily remedied, how much do a couple of lamps cost?!
Breakfast was lovely, a very nice spead, but the room you have breakfast in is windowless and quite basic.

Room Tip: Avoid room 528 the door from the lift lobby bangs against the wall.
1  Thank ntw_10

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to write this feedback. I am disappointed to see the issues that you encountered during your stay with us. I have discussed your feedback with my team as I understand your point regarding the attention to detail aspect and would also like to appologise for the inconvenience it must have caused you.

With regards to the location the positive factor is that if you are attending any major concerts in Cardiff you cant be more closer than our hotel but at the same time being such close proximity also causes disturbance regarding noise till the concert lasts until 2230.
Please be assured that we have taken your feedback on board and all corrective actions have been taken to make sure that these issues dont reoccur.

I hope you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

After having a bad experance at the park inn a few weeks ago We were asked to return by the manager samear to give them another chance and I mush say what a good experance we had the room this time was clean and in good order and looked newly referbished Breakfast was very good And the fruit left in the room was a nice touch If all rooms were like this I'm sure u wouldn't have any complaints thank u samear for addressing the problem not burying your head in the sand and sorting it out next time were in Cardiff we will use u again

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank mmmmmmwales
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for re visiting us and I am very glad to see your expectations were met during the stay and happy to be appreciated.I have shared your feed back with the team specially with Sameer and they are delighted to see your appreciation on this platform.

Please do not hesitate to contact me nor Sameer at the hotel if we might be any helpful in the future.

Hope to see you soon in Cardiff and looking forward to welcome you again.

Best Regards,
Mahesh.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Great location only 2 mind from shops and short walk from train station.
Nice funky foyer and bar area, friendly reception staff. Although no leisure facilities they have teamed up with The Marriott a short walk away to enable you to use theirs-nice touch.
However it's a pity there's no air con in the rooms.
Also if you are facing The Motorpoint Arena in your room be prepared to be a bit disturbed by the music from a gig, I had to close the window to get my daughter to sleep and even then it could still be heard.
Also if you put the do not disturb sign on your door don't expect any provisions of clean towels, soap or tea/coffee to be left outside as I've found standard in other hotels you have to request them from reception and when they get dropped off your dirty ones don't get collected, that's a lot of wet towels in a family room sitting about.
However overall a good stay and would return.

• Stayed: March 2014
Sameer G, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the room had to offer. I also would like to appologise for the inconvenience caused due to the replinshment not provided to you as there was a 'Do not disturb' sign outside the door. I have discussed the issue with my housekeeping manager and be rest assured that all corrective actions have been taken to make sure that these issues dont repeat.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I stayed in the hotel yesterday and the best way to describe our experience was that it was like booking into Faulty Towers. We moved 3times, the 1st room the toilet didn't work, the 2nd and 3rd rooms were dirty in terms of dusty, hairs in bathroom, holes in Walls, stains on walls and on carpet. The 4th room was on the 3rd floor, they described as business class but we though it was of a basic standard for the price we paid. The hotel is clearly tired and the red furniture is dirty and stained. The only thing good about this hotel was the staff who we feel sorry for

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sameer G, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback about us. I am very disappointed to see the quality of stay that you had to experience with us. I have investigated the issues that you enquired with my Duty Manager for the day who confirmed that you alerted us of the issues straight away which is all we ask from our guest to give us a chance to rectify the situation. The Duty manager on that day also confirmed that he gave you a free upgrade to business class rooms where he showed you around different rooms and finally settled with the room that was upto your satisfaction.
Please let me assure you that this is not the standard that we practice accross Brands and I have discussed the issues with the concerned department heads who have taken all the corrective actions to make sure that these issues dont reoccur.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and I hope you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.
Kind Regards,