“Poor Experience”

Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Poor Experience”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Very poor service from staff, quality of breakfast served was awful. A Double room had been booked and paid for, upon arrival we found a twin room. We had a disturbance mid way through the night, to which hotel staff may no apology for. Overall a very. very poor experience.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Sameer G, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am extremely saddened to hear that your stay was not up to our normal Park Inn standards. Please be rest assured that all the hotel team has been addressed in regards to the all points you have raised and all corrective actions have been taken to make sure that these issues dont re occur.
I do hope that you will try us again on your next visit to Cardiff where I would be more than happy to 'make things right' for you.

Kind Regards
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Edmonton
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Traveled with a group and enjoyed staying in a very central location. The hotel was good but not great. The toilet seat was broken in our room... The staff were great and the room was good. The breakfast buffet was great!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my appologies regarding the toilet seat being broken in your room, please be assured that our maintenance team have taken all corrective actions to make sure that the next guest is not inconveinced due to the same problem. I have also passed on your fedback regarding great breakfast to my kitchen team who are glad that their efforts were appreciated on this platform.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you to our wonderful city.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We staying on this Hotel because is on the Centre of Cardiff also had good experience with Park Inn in Belfast. Unfortunately when arrived we found some issues, just 1 lift working. The bed too hard , no air acond and we going call to reception the phone no have cable.
As the team very polite and professional they upgrade our room, the bed was better and bathroom with bath, however the soap and shampoo dispenser was empty, no air acond but a fan provided.. the room was clean and very quieter ..that's great.. breakfast very well served with friendly staff.. car park with reasonable price... good hotel, but must improve in some areas..

Room Tip: higher rooms
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad to see that you had a pleasant stay and the issues with the room were resolved upto your satisfaction. I have addressed the house keeping issues in your room with my house keeping manager who in turn have taken appropriate measures to make sure that these issues dont re occur.
Milford Haven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Having stayed at the Park several times over many years with reasonable but not excellent service . it was good to experience the very much improved service. Staff in all departments were extremely helpful and made our visit one to be enjoyed. We had three rooms booked for our Group and they were all very good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Sameer G, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the room had to offer. I have discussed your feedback with the rest of my team who are very happy that their efforts were appreciated on this platform.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city.
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Tried long and hard to find something good about this hotel and only one, it's location. Corridors are scruffy and dirty with stains on carpets paintwork and general decor is tired at best. Has two lifts, one not working and 1 that does work takes three weeks to go from 3rd floor to ground. Hotel smells damp, room size ok , fridge in room 314 disgusting, not cleaned for months. Iron is attached to trouser press with a 2ft cable and felt like I was ironing our clothes in the cupboard, or dare I say Narnia. Breakfast was dire, was tempted to order bacon with my fatty rind, really substandard - this hotel is NOT worth the money

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Quarters1969
Sameer G, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest,
We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise and that you have found the resolution satisfactory. We attempt to ensure that all guests are affected as little as possible when this situation arises and clearly we failed to do manage your situation correctly.
Please be assured that we have taken all internal measures to make sure that these issues dont repeat again thereby causing inconvenience to our future guest. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area again.

Kind regards
Manager

Travellers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I recently booked an evening at this hotel for myself my partner and 9 year old daughter. It was a last minute booking so the only room availalble was the one bedroom suite at the rate of £169.00 for the evening including breakfast. This was more than I planned on spending but the hotel and rooms looked so nice I booked it. On arriving the first thing that i noticed was how run down and shabby the hotel foyer looked. The red carpet was splattered with stains and the sofas and chairs had rips and stains on them. We were booked into room 505 on the top floor. When we got into the room I was surprised at how dowdy and shabby the room was. There was an adjoining sitting room with a camp bed in it for my daughter. The sofa and chairs were filthy, badly stained and torn. In the other room the drawers in the chest of drawers were all broken and wouldnt open and close properly. The room was advertised as having a king size bed when actually we had 2 single beds pushed together. These beds should have been linked by a long brass catch which hadnt been fixed and was sticking out into the middle of the room - very dangerous. My partner had to pull the bar across to connect the beds. It also stated in the ad that complimentary mineral water would be in the room - there was none! The blue throws at the foot of the beds had seen better days and needed a good wash as were badly stained. When my daughter used the toilet the toilet seat fell off. When we went out for the evening I mentioned to the receptionist that the toilet seat was broken and she just said that there isn't any maintenance staff around but she would mention it to the duty manager. When we returned to the room the seat was still broken but we were too tired to complain at that time. When I was checking I out I mention to Ding the receptionist that the toilet seat was broken and really wasn't happy and he just said that he tried to fix it last night but couldn't. I got the impression that they really couldn't care less, maybe if I had walked into reception waving the toilet seat at them I would have got a better response. All in all I won't be staying there again, not a patch on Radisson Blu or the Marriott. Feel like i have wasted my money - they didn't even offer us a complimentary coffee in way of an apology.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sara J
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very disappointed to see the issues that you encountered during your stay. I have investigated with my receptionist on shift who confirmed that you did come to us to report about the toilet seat and since we did not have maintenance on duty hence she offered you assitance to move to a different room to which you said that you are ok with the room and you just wanted us to know.
I have addressed the room issues with my houskeeping and maintenance team who have taken all the corrective measures to make sure that the issue doesnt repeat thereby causing inconvenience to other guest.
Also, I would like to inform you that becuase of all the issues that you encountered we have refunded half the price of your room back to the card with which you booked the room.
Again, many appologies for the inconvenience caused and please be assured that this is not our normal standard and we have taken all the internal measures to make sure that these issues dont reoccur.
Please dont hesitate to get in touch with me if you wish to discuss this issue further.
Cottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights this week using a 2 night break for 2 people voucher (buyagift.com) bought for us as a gift. I was impressed that the booking over the phone was easy however when we arrived we were informed that they believed the deal was for only one person (the voucher company disagree), only had one bath towel and when booking a meal in the restaurant, told it was for one so had to pay the extra. But after speaking to JoJo on reception, he arranged for us both to have breakfast.
Putting that aside, the hotel is in a great location for Cardiff City Centre, the reception area's décor is funky and the staff are helpful. The restaurant is really nice, helpful staff and the food was delicious. Breakfast was really nice and we had no problems getting a table or selecting our food. The bar was very relaxing, Gareth who served us was really helpful and friendly when we asked for Gavin and Stacey locations in Cardiff! The room itself was huge, we had a twin room and the staff had pushed the beds together knowing that I had originally booked a double. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was sufficient and clean and there was a sofa and chairs to relax on. We did have a problem with the window which a maintenance man promptly came to fix. Car parking was expensive, £12 per day!
All in all if we were to visit Cardiff again, we would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: If there was an event on at the motorpoint arena, you might want to request a room facing the other...
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback about us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the room had to offer. I do applogise regarding the mix up with the breakfast and I am pleased to see that our Night Manager Jojo sorted it out.
With regards to car park I can understand that you might think it is expensive, but please let me assure you that we are very few of the city center properties who offer parking, but unfortunately we have very limited spaces which we limit to first come first serve basis and also the prices are very reasonable compared to other city center parking location who charge £18 for overnight parking.
I have also shared your feedback with Gareth and since his efforts were appreciated here we would also be incentivising him as per the hotel policy.
Again, many thanks for the time taken to write this feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city.