“Glorified B&B.”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #33 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Loo door runner was broken, loo doorstop was broken. Shower hose was split. Net curtains were filthy.
All this for £210.00 a night + meals. Total rip-off, I wouldn't stay here again. For a "Hotel" in the centre of Wales' capital city (right outside the indoor arena) it could do with a complete make-over ASAP.

• Stayed: May 2014
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am sorry to see the issues you encountered during your stay. Please be assured that we have taken all internal measures to make sure that these issues don’t re occur.
I hope that this experience doesn’t deter you from using us in the future. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you wish to discuss this issue further directly at the hotel number.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed at this Hotel because we were going to a concert at the arena across the road. I found the staff friendly. The check-in was easy and the lady gave clear directions to the room. She also advised us about meal times. The room was clean and fresh. We did need to contact reception to get a remote control for the television. Seems odd that there was not one in the room. Next morning we discovered that there was no hair dryer either. Once again reception quickly sent one up to the room for us. Did the housekeeper fail to check these items were in place, or is it a policy of the Hotel to remove them, and supply only upon request? Strange.
Breakfast was nice. Very weak apple juice and a French fry on the floor under our table.
We have stayed before and hopefully will again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sheilagriffiths18
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your review and time in posting it.Very Glad to see you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with the comfort of walking just across the road for the concert.Just be assured we have taken your comment on board and all the necessary actions has been taken to rectify them.It is not our normal standard of not having the remote and hairdryer in the room.I am investigating to why this happened.Our Hairdryers are normally hanged on the wall next to the TV and we are looking to relocate to a more sensible spot in the room so that our guest could locate and use the as and when they want.Apologies for the inconvienience Caused.Hope the travel gets you back in cardiff and will be very glad to welcome back at the hotel.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Hotel Park View Raddisson in Cardiff is "tired" and in need of major renovations - AC dripped all night in one room, furnishings are old and in need of replacing, bathrooms need upgrading. Location is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
1  Thank sb8972014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much taking your time in completeing the survey.As you said we are in a very prime location and just a stone throw away from the MotorPoint Arena and the St.David 2 city centre shopping.Just be assured your comments are heard and we are constantly working to improve our bedroom product.So sorry to hear the Aircon was leaking in your room which has been attended and fixed now.Please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel if i could be any useful to you in the near future.
Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just returned from a break here, the rooms are clean and well maintained , I managed to get one with an opening window which was good as the rooms are a little warm. The food is really really lovely and breakfast was scrummy. The best thing is definatly the staff , they are so cheerful and helpful. The only bad point was the beds , they were so hard that I had quite a sleepless night both nights and woke up with realy bad back ache. This won't be the same for everyone I am just used to a very soft bed and I don't sleep well on hard firm beds. Would definatly stay again if I could be sure of a different mattress !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Guest,
we love the heading of your comment and I would like to thank you on behalf of the team here for your appreciation in this platform.Very sorry to know that your bed was hard.Please let us know well in advance on your next visit and we will allocate you to the room with the soft matress.The chef is really delighted with your comment on food and we are always proud of the variety and quality breakfast what we offer.Wish you a very pleasant week end and cant wait to welcome back in the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel was booked for me for a business trip with a group of 16 others. Upon check-in (which was an incredibly slow process), and going to my room, I was horrified to walk through the corridors with automatic air-freshner squirting out at sporadic intervals - and I wondered what on earth the air freshener was masking. The room itself was a very large room but I could not find the lights - I had to go into the room in the darkness to locate switches which didn't appear to work as the sequencing between those at the door and those by the bed seemed to be off. I went into the bathroom to be faced with tiles falling of the wall and a very amateur job of them being stuck back on with a very rough polyfilla job. The tap fittings in the bath/shower were also loose from the wall being held tentatively together with polyfilla too! There was a musty smell in the room and I wasn't entirely convinced of the cleanliness. I went straight back to reception and asked could I change room - I was told they were overbooked by 4 rooms that night so there was no possibility of moving until the following day (I was staying for 2 nights). When I stated that the room was in a disgusting and unacceptable state, the receptionist stated 'I know'!
One of my very kind (and obviously more hardy) male colleagues offered to swap rooms with me which I did - although I don't really think the new room was any better (photos below). The little welcome note in this room was for an entirely different person than anyone in my party - so I was more than a little concerned at having a stranger checked into the room with me!
Stains on the base of the bed which they didn't even think to cover with a valance sheet, ripped wallpaper, exposed cables, skirting board coming away from the wall, the lovely polyfilla presence in the bathroom, stains on the carpet, walls and curtains, an empty cupboard where supposedly a fridge used to be with lots of exposed cabling, dodgy wiring on the standard lamp in the room which came on and off at it's own desiring, a fan with equally dodgy wiring in a room that was stiflingly hot…I could go on.
The staff, although friendly, don't really seem to be able to do anything about the horrific place that they're working so I actually feel quite sorry for them. So although friendly, they really weren't very good at their work in the service industry.
There is free wifi throughout the hotel - that doesn't really work at all. In order to get wifi that works, you need to pay £5.70 per day. This is indicated on the website, but they don't point out that the free wifi doesn't even manage basic browsing and emailing.
The room I was in did smack somewhat of not being properly cleaned. I know for a fact that the room wasn't cleaned by room service during my stay there.
If you have any say in where you stay in Cardiff, avoid this place at all costs. It is not cheap, and while centrally located, the nice-ish lobby is very deceptive.
I have stayed in other Park Inns throughout the UK and while it is not a boutique or luxury hotel chain, I've certainly always found them contemporary, clean and comfortable - this description does not apply to the Cardiff City Centre outlet.

Room Tip: Some of my colleagues were on the 2nd floor and had the 'business' rooms which did certainly...
3  Thank MajHolly
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for giving us your feedback on your recent stay with us, firstly, please accept my personal apologies that your stay did not live up to expectation and sorry to hear you were less than satisfied. If you could contact me directly at maheswaram.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com to give me some further information I would be very greatful.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed for a long weekend for the Moose International Convention, in total there were 118 delegates. The hotel was very accommodating and Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The rooms were adequate with space to move round without falling over your partner though the lack of drawers and only a hanging rail did not suit me personally and kept most of my personal effects in my case. It was typically a "Reps" room without a great deal of finesse. The bed was comfortable and the room clean. I can't really comment on the choice of food as it was catered for over 100 people. One particular word of warning....... If you are claustrophobic be careful you don't get one of the rooms overlooking the reception area, you can't open the window and the rooms are hot and airless. Having said that, I wouldn't be too upset to stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 1st floor that overlooks the reception/bar area. You cannot open a windo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sameer G, Rooms Division Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. With regards to your coment regarding inside facing room , I agree with you that the windows dont open, but to compensate for it we do have fans in those rooms and at the same time although the advantage of an outside facing room is the view and the possibility to tilt the window , with the inside facing room you have the advantage of having a quieter room which is ideal for light sleepers.
Again, many thanks for the time taken to write this feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you to the wonderful city.
Sameer Gangoli
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Ideal place to stay for attending the Motorpoint Arena. The clean, comfortable bedroom was a bit warm, but the room has a small air-con unit and a fan, which helped enormously. Wonderful big, fluffy towels in a neat and spotlessly clean bathroom. We ate in the hotel before the concert, and the food was excellent – can recommend the Posh Hot Dog. Breakfast was also very good – plenty of choice and hot food was constantly being renewed.

Only one slight gripe. Mr Madcat is used to staying in very expensive hotels with first class customer service and does not expect to be kept waiting. The queue to check out was quite long, and when the receptionist asked if everything had been ok, he replied yes, apart from the wait. Her response was “well, I’m on my own”. We could see that, perhaps the answer was to get help! Didn't spoil the stay though - can definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sameer G, Rooms Division Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the room had to offer. I have passed your positive compliments to my kitchen brigade and they are very happy that their efforts was appreciated at this platform.
I do appologise for the abrupt response that you received on check out and I have spoken to the concerned receptionst to make sure that the issue doesn't repeat.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city.
Sameer Gangoli