“Trafalgar Group”

Ranked #34 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Melbourne, Florida
“Trafalgar Group”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We got put up here one night of our tour. We had about 7 hours to sleep, eat, shower and pack for the next day of touring. About midnight (after a long day of sightseeing) we found that our toliet had ceased to work. We had to wait for them to come and see for themselves it did not work and then we had to wait for them to find us another room and then we had to pack and move to the lowest floor and a really poor room to get our last 3 hours of sleep. During the transition the bag of souvenirs was lost. When we contacted the hotel about this they said they were going to check the security footage and get back to us. That was about 5 days ago. I am still waiting. Happy 25th Anniversary to us. Really bad service. Really bad.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here at all
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I do apologise for the experience that you have been through during your stay and we did tried our best to solve the mystery of the missing bag. We did try reporting it to the police on your behalf but they would want you to personally register the issue with them, I can understand that it would be inconvenience for you to call them from Canada, hence I have also emailed you the details on the 3rd June to the email address you gave me over the phone of explaining the details of our investigation & findings and also the email address of south wales police where you can email them directly and log a complaint and we would do our best and provide all the evidence required by the police in order to speedup the process if need to be.
I can understand the frustration that the missing bag must have caused you and I can empathise with you but there is only this much I can do from my end until you have registered your complain with the police.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at maheswaran.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com and it will be my pleasure to assist you with.
Mahesh.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Loo door runner was broken, loo doorstop was broken. Shower hose was split. Net curtains were filthy.
All this for £210.00 a night + meals. Total rip-off, I wouldn't stay here again. For a "Hotel" in the centre of Wales' capital city (right outside the indoor arena) it could do with a complete make-over ASAP.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am sorry to see the issues you encountered during your stay. Please be assured that we have taken all internal measures to make sure that these issues don’t re occur.
I hope that this experience doesn’t deter you from using us in the future. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you wish to discuss this issue further directly at the hotel number.
Mahesh

Travellers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

Wales
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed at this Hotel because we were going to a concert at the arena across the road. I found the staff friendly. The check-in was easy and the lady gave clear directions to the room. She also advised us about meal times. The room was clean and fresh. We did need to contact reception to get a remote control for the television. Seems odd that there was not one in the room. Next morning we discovered that there was no hair dryer either. Once again reception quickly sent one up to the room for us. Did the housekeeper fail to check these items were in place, or is it a policy of the Hotel to remove them, and supply only upon request? Strange.
Breakfast was nice. Very weak apple juice and a French fry on the floor under our table.
We have stayed before and hopefully will again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sheilagriffiths18
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your review and time in posting it.Very Glad to see you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with the comfort of walking just across the road for the concert.Just be assured we have taken your comment on board and all the necessary actions has been taken to rectify them.It is not our normal standard of not having the remote and hairdryer in the room.I am investigating to why this happened.Our Hairdryers are normally hanged on the wall next to the TV and we are looking to relocate to a more sensible spot in the room so that our guest could locate and use the as and when they want.Apologies for the inconvienience Caused.Hope the travel gets you back in cardiff and will be very glad to welcome back at the hotel.
Best Regards,
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Hotel Park View Raddisson in Cardiff is "tired" and in need of major renovations - AC dripped all night in one room, furnishings are old and in need of replacing, bathrooms need upgrading. Location is excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

1 Thank sb8972014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much taking your time in completeing the survey.As you said we are in a very prime location and just a stone throw away from the MotorPoint Arena and the St.David 2 city centre shopping.Just be assured your comments are heard and we are constantly working to improve our bedroom product.So sorry to hear the Aircon was leaking in your room which has been attended and fixed now.Please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel if i could be any useful to you in the near future.
Thank you once again for your review.
Aberystwyth, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just returned from a break here, the rooms are clean and well maintained , I managed to get one with an opening window which was good as the rooms are a little warm. The food is really really lovely and breakfast was scrummy. The best thing is definatly the staff , they are so cheerful and helpful. The only bad point was the beds , they were so hard that I had quite a sleepless night both nights and woke up with realy bad back ache. This won't be the same for everyone I am just used to a very soft bed and I don't sleep well on hard firm beds. Would definatly stay again if I could be sure of a different mattress !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Guest,
we love the heading of your comment and I would like to thank you on behalf of the team here for your appreciation in this platform.Very sorry to know that your bed was hard.Please let us know well in advance on your next visit and we will allocate you to the room with the soft matress.The chef is really delighted with your comment on food and we are always proud of the variety and quality breakfast what we offer.Wish you a very pleasant week end and cant wait to welcome back in the hotel in the near future.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel was booked for me for a business trip with a group of 16 others. Upon check-in (which was an incredibly slow process), and going to my room, I was horrified to walk through the corridors with automatic air-freshner squirting out at sporadic intervals - and I wondered what on earth the air freshener was masking. The room itself was a very large room but I could not find the lights - I had to go into the room in the darkness to locate switches which didn't appear to work as the sequencing between those at the door and those by the bed seemed to be off. I went into the bathroom to be faced with tiles falling of the wall and a very amateur job of them being stuck back on with a very rough polyfilla job. The tap fittings in the bath/shower were also loose from the wall being held tentatively together with polyfilla too! There was a musty smell in the room and I wasn't entirely convinced of the cleanliness. I went straight back to reception and asked could I change room - I was told they were overbooked by 4 rooms that night so there was no possibility of moving until the following day (I was staying for 2 nights). When I stated that the room was in a disgusting and unacceptable state, the receptionist stated 'I know'!
One of my very kind (and obviously more hardy) male colleagues offered to swap rooms with me which I did - although I don't really think the new room was any better (photos below). The little welcome note in this room was for an entirely different person than anyone in my party - so I was more than a little concerned at having a stranger checked into the room with me!
Stains on the base of the bed which they didn't even think to cover with a valance sheet, ripped wallpaper, exposed cables, skirting board coming away from the wall, the lovely polyfilla presence in the bathroom, stains on the carpet, walls and curtains, an empty cupboard where supposedly a fridge used to be with lots of exposed cabling, dodgy wiring on the standard lamp in the room which came on and off at it's own desiring, a fan with equally dodgy wiring in a room that was stiflingly hot…I could go on.
The staff, although friendly, don't really seem to be able to do anything about the horrific place that they're working so I actually feel quite sorry for them. So although friendly, they really weren't very good at their work in the service industry.
There is free wifi throughout the hotel - that doesn't really work at all. In order to get wifi that works, you need to pay £5.70 per day. This is indicated on the website, but they don't point out that the free wifi doesn't even manage basic browsing and emailing.
The room I was in did smack somewhat of not being properly cleaned. I know for a fact that the room wasn't cleaned by room service during my stay there.
If you have any say in where you stay in Cardiff, avoid this place at all costs. It is not cheap, and while centrally located, the nice-ish lobby is very deceptive.
I have stayed in other Park Inns throughout the UK and while it is not a boutique or luxury hotel chain, I've certainly always found them contemporary, clean and comfortable - this description does not apply to the Cardiff City Centre outlet.

Room Tip: Some of my colleagues were on the 2nd floor and had the 'business' rooms which did certainly...
3 Thank MajHolly
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for giving us your feedback on your recent stay with us, firstly, please accept my personal apologies that your stay did not live up to expectation and sorry to hear you were less than satisfied. If you could contact me directly at maheswaram.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com to give me some further information I would be very greatful.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed for a long weekend for the Moose International Convention, in total there were 118 delegates. The hotel was very accommodating and Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The rooms were adequate with space to move round without falling over your partner though the lack of drawers and only a hanging rail did not suit me personally and kept most of my personal effects in my case. It was typically a "Reps" room without a great deal of finesse. The bed was comfortable and the room clean. I can't really comment on the choice of food as it was catered for over 100 people. One particular word of warning....... If you are claustrophobic be careful you don't get one of the rooms overlooking the reception area, you can't open the window and the rooms are hot and airless. Having said that, I wouldn't be too upset to stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 1st floor that overlooks the reception/bar area. You cannot open a windo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sameer G, Rooms Division Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. With regards to your coment regarding inside facing room , I agree with you that the windows dont open, but to compensate for it we do have fans in those rooms and at the same time although the advantage of an outside facing room is the view and the possibility to tilt the window , with the inside facing room you have the advantage of having a quieter room which is ideal for light sleepers.
Again, many thanks for the time taken to write this feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you to the wonderful city.
Sameer Gangoli