“Great Value, Great Location”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great Value, Great Location”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is situation right in the centre and across the road from the motorpoint arena. Staff are friendly and helpful and the hotel is very clean. Great breakfast, with a wide range of choice to suit all. My room had air-con which was fantastic in the heat although I know not all rooms have this facility. Have stayed a few times, always a quick and efficient check in and out and no hassles. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank LolaL609
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the room had to offer. I have discussed your feedback with the rest of my team who are glad that our product and service were appreciated at this platform. I cannot agree with you more regarding to the location , being in the heart of the city center closer to all the local attraction and events that the city has to offer.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope that you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back.
Mahesh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Perfect location for events at the Motorpoint arena. Easy walk from train station and city centre shops. Room was nice ,Bathroom was clean (no toiletries) although we always take our own. Breakfast buffet selection was good . set us up for the day . Only gripe was there was no air con and the room was really hot . Fan provided but noisy. other than that I would definitely stay again

1 Thank 948jenniej

Best Regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel was provided by our tour Company. This hotel stay was our last night of the tour after visiting Ireland. This hotel lift is small and we had to wait in queue to get to the lift. The rooms had por lighting w ith old furnitures. The windows were covered with bird droppings and suspect has not been cleaned for years. Though the facilities is of poor condition on a postive side the staff was polite and helpful. The breakfast was not fantastic as compared the other hotels in Ireland.

1 Thank Rengan58
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am disappointed to see the issues that you encountered during your stay. I am aware that there are areas of the hotel that looks tired and we are planning a soft refurbishment as some point this year which will resolve this issues. I have discussed the condition of the room with regards to inadequate lighings with my concerned department head who has rectified the issue. On the positive not I am glad to see that you found our staff to be helpful.
we have completed our window cleaning last week and alologies for the inconvienience caused.
Again , many apologies for the issues encountered and I hope you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.
Best Regards,
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed overnight with my boyfriend after getting a discount deal online. This was perfect for us because it was directly opposite the Cardiff Motorpoint Arena. The reception area is so impressive but the quality of the rooms is not great. Even with the lights on the room seemed dark, there was no mini fridge and no air con. We went out for an early lunch and luckily we thought to go to tesco which was around the corner to buy drinks and snacks for after the concert because when we thought maybe to get some room service we had a shock from the expensive menu, seriously insane prices. I know we are students age 17 and 20 however even if I was working full time I wouldn't spend £20-£30 on a steak! Location for this is really good though it's in the middle of everything, close to the shopping centres and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am sorry to see the issues that you encountered during your stay. I am aware that there are areas of the hotel that looks tired and we are planning a soft refurbishment as some point this year which will resolve this issues. With regards to the value of the steak I am sorry to see that you found it expensive but I can confirm that our prices for the steak start from £13.95 and the most expensive 10oz Rib eye steak is worth £20.95 which is an average pricing that you would come across in any steak house in Cardiff.
Again, many apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you to our wonderful city.
Cardigan Ceredigion
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here many times now + have never had cause for complaint, the staff are very friendly and helpful, room was clean and tidy, breakfast was plentyful and very tasty, would always stay here if possible as it is convenient for venues and shopping x

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Nuttytartlet16
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the room had to offer. I have discussed your feedback with the rest of my team who are happy that our product and service were appreciated on this platform.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon when your travels brings you to our wonderful city.
Long Island,NY
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were booked into this hotel through Trafalgar while on an escorted tour. It was tired and dirty, although the linens were fresh. We were there during a warm spell, and there was no air conditioning, just a fan, and the window barely opens, so we couldn't get the cool air from outside in during the night. As we were about to turn out the lights for the night, the foot broke off my bed, and the whole thing thumped to the floor on one corner. At this point I was all unpacked and in my nightclothes, so I just tried to wedge the leg (a wheeled caster) underneath as best I could, and tried to get comfortable along the opposite side, laying down very slowly and carefully. I told the man at the front desk the next morning, and he made no apologies, just wrote it down. The breakfast was very nice, lots of choices, and a nice room to eat in, tables bussed promptly, no complaints there. But I doubt if I'd stay here again, given the choice. A fancy lobby doesn't make up for sloppy rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. We are aware about the inconvenience that the lack of aircon would cause and we do not advertise ourselves as an aircon hotel but in order to compensate for the lack of aircon we do have a fan and heater in every room. I am very sorry to hear about the issue with the bed in your room and am disappointed with the way it was dealt with. I have also shared your positive feedback about the breakfast with my team. Please be assured that I have addressed your issues with the concerned heads of department and we will make sure that these issues dont reoccur.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope that you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.
Warm regards,
Mahesh

Travellers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

Carmarthen, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Walked into a wow effect reception and was met by friendly, polite and helpful staff. Received card for our room on the 4th floor and was disappointed by our room. Deco didn't seem to match the rest of the Hotel, there was no air conditioning (only an electric fan) and the shower lacked any pressure. We also felt that the charge of £12 for daily parking a bit excess for only a few weeks ago we stayed at another hotel about 5 minutes walk further out towards Cardiff Bay and payed under half that amount.
On the plus side we did find the Hotel very handy for the restaurants and shops.

This review is written by Angelo`s daughter and boyfriend.

1 Thank AngeloBotticelli
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am disappointed to see that you were not happy with the overall ambience of the hotel some issues with your room. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this must have caused and please be assured that this is not our normal standards. I have shared your feedback with the rest of my team and all the corrective measures have been taken to avoid this issues for our future guests.
I can understand that you feel that £12 for overnight parking is expensive, we are one of the very few hotels in Cardiff City center that have the luxury of Car park, although we do face with the limitation of Car park spaces, hence we limit it to first come first serve and £12 is a very reasonable price that we charge compared to other City center hotels whose prices start from £15.
Again, please accept my apologies and I hope you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.