“Desperately needs updating!”

Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
Wales UK
“Desperately needs updating!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My partner and I stayed here recently as Cardiff was very busy and so we didn't have a lot of choice with hotels. The room was grubby, the iron didn't work. The sliding bathroom door didn't shut properly, the mirror in the bathroom was hanging off the wall with bear wires. We reported this saying it was not safe to have wires hanging down, but nobody came to sort it out for us. The varnish on the doors was pealing away and the tiles on the bathroom floor needing some serious bleach!! The room was far too hot with no air con. Needless to say we won't be staying at the Park Inn Cardiff centre again.....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for giving us your feedback on your recent stay with us, firstly, please accept my personal apologies that your stay did not live up to expectation and sorry to hear you were less than satisfied. I totally agree that some part of the hotel needs updating which we are currently working on at the moment.If you could contact me directly at maheswaran.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com to give me another opportunity to put things right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Mahesh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Bridgend
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Visited this hotel for my Year 13 prom, very unhappy experience. Security were excessive and inappropriate and delayed our prom by half hour, dampening our experience. Drinks were incredibly overpriced even for a hotel. Rooms were out of date and dirty. Will not be returning.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sophhulmes
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time taken to write this feedback. I am very sorry to see that we did not meet your expectation. I have investigated into the issues that you encountered and all I can say that is I apologies for the inconvenience caused and I have personally spoken to my team and we have done every thing necessary to rectify the problem thereby avoiding inconvenience to our guest. As you know its a prom we need to adhere to the security process and sorry to hear that you need to be waited.
With regards to pricing in the bar, I am sorry to see that you found it pricey, but please let me assure you that we constantly monitor bar prices with the rest of the city center hotel and we make sure that our prices are reasonable and competitive to ensure that our guest gets the best value for money.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel if i could be any helpful to you.

Again, many apologies for the inconvenience caused and we hope that you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.
Mahesh

Travellers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

Ogmore-by-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Good location right in the centre of Cardiff, within easy walking distance of the train/bus station and all the main tourist spots. Saying that, the bars and clubs are also close by so you may well hear some noise from the revellers below. I’ve stayed there many times and it’s hit and miss in terms of a good night’s sleep –which is not the hotel’s fault.

The room is comfortable, large bed, good storage and plenty of space for cases. The temperature does get a little warm which can be a problem, especially when open windows increase the potential street noise. They could do with air con. The bathroom is clean and spacious but does not come with toiletries. There are plenty of tea and coffee making facilities and a decent sized TV. The lobby is large and it’s a quick process to check in and out.

It's a 'budget' hotel and ideal for a 1 right stay, right in the city centre.

Room Tip: The car parking is expensive and pretty cramped being underneath the building. TIP: there’s a car pa...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AllisonTuck
Dear Guest,

many thanks for your time in writing the review in this platform.Very glad to see the hotel has met your expectation and apologies for being disturbed by the noise.
Hope the travel brings you back to cardiff again and will be my pleasure to welcome you back in the hotel.

Have a nice day.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is situation right in the centre and across the road from the motorpoint arena. Staff are friendly and helpful and the hotel is very clean. Great breakfast, with a wide range of choice to suit all. My room had air-con which was fantastic in the heat although I know not all rooms have this facility. Have stayed a few times, always a quick and efficient check in and out and no hassles. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

1 Thank LolaL609
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the room had to offer. I have discussed your feedback with the rest of my team who are glad that our product and service were appreciated at this platform. I cannot agree with you more regarding to the location , being in the heart of the city center closer to all the local attraction and events that the city has to offer.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope that you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Perfect location for events at the Motorpoint arena. Easy walk from train station and city centre shops. Room was nice ,Bathroom was clean (no toiletries) although we always take our own. Breakfast buffet selection was good . set us up for the day . Only gripe was there was no air con and the room was really hot . Fan provided but noisy. other than that I would definitely stay again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

1 Thank 948jenniej

Best Regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel was provided by our tour Company. This hotel stay was our last night of the tour after visiting Ireland. This hotel lift is small and we had to wait in queue to get to the lift. The rooms had por lighting w ith old furnitures. The windows were covered with bird droppings and suspect has not been cleaned for years. Though the facilities is of poor condition on a postive side the staff was polite and helpful. The breakfast was not fantastic as compared the other hotels in Ireland.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rengan58
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am disappointed to see the issues that you encountered during your stay. I am aware that there are areas of the hotel that looks tired and we are planning a soft refurbishment as some point this year which will resolve this issues. I have discussed the condition of the room with regards to inadequate lighings with my concerned department head who has rectified the issue. On the positive not I am glad to see that you found our staff to be helpful.
we have completed our window cleaning last week and alologies for the inconvienience caused.
Again , many apologies for the issues encountered and I hope you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.
Best Regards,
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed overnight with my boyfriend after getting a discount deal online. This was perfect for us because it was directly opposite the Cardiff Motorpoint Arena. The reception area is so impressive but the quality of the rooms is not great. Even with the lights on the room seemed dark, there was no mini fridge and no air con. We went out for an early lunch and luckily we thought to go to tesco which was around the corner to buy drinks and snacks for after the concert because when we thought maybe to get some room service we had a shock from the expensive menu, seriously insane prices. I know we are students age 17 and 20 however even if I was working full time I wouldn't spend £20-£30 on a steak! Location for this is really good though it's in the middle of everything, close to the shopping centres and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am sorry to see the issues that you encountered during your stay. I am aware that there are areas of the hotel that looks tired and we are planning a soft refurbishment as some point this year which will resolve this issues. With regards to the value of the steak I am sorry to see that you found it expensive but I can confirm that our prices for the steak start from £13.95 and the most expensive 10oz Rib eye steak is worth £20.95 which is an average pricing that you would come across in any steak house in Cardiff.
Again, many apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you to our wonderful city.