“Great hotel”

Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I were staying in here for work,we both agree that reception area looks very funky , staff on the desk seems busy even tho they found spare minute to answer all our quarries , we were located on 2nd floor , rooms were spotless clean and felt cosy . We did have a breakfast what was a bit chaotic but tasty. Overolls nice city hotel with friendly staff.

Stayed June 2014
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. As much as we appreciate the value of negative criticism , a 5 star feedback like yours serves as a much needed pat on the back. I am very pleased to see that you had a wonderful experience and I have shared your feedback with the rest of my team.
Again, many thanks for your valuable feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you to our wonderful city.
Mahesh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Very conveniently located for Cardiff city centre, and with easy (though not cheap) parking, the hotel is well suited for a brief stay.
The room was a bit stuffy, and no aircon, but window could be opened wide. Bathroom small but ok. Wifi didn't work in the room. Breakfast pretty good. Staff polite & helpful.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I do understand that lack of air con would cause bit of an inconvenience and this is one of the limitations that we face in summer, in order to compensate for it we do have extra fans in every room. With regards to Wifi we always we advise our guest that if they have a problem connecting all they need to do is dial ‘0’ and our tech friendly reception team would be more than happy to get you connected.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you to our wonderful city.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

So handy for the Motor point stadium, the only positive point I can document.
We arrived for check in at 2.30 pm, finally got in to our room at 3.30pm.
No air conditioning, could not open windows, asked for a fan, which was noisy +++.
Toilets out of order, building is tired and dirty in places.
Food tasteless and expensive.
Staff appeared pleasant enough, but not too motivated, perhaps the management needs an overhaul.
Never again!!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jacslo
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for giving us your feedback on your recent stay with us, firstly, please accept my personal apologies that your stay did not live up to expectation and sorry to hear you were less than satisfied. If you could contact me directly at maheswaran.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com to give me another opportunity to put things right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Mahesh

Travellers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

Wales UK
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My partner and I stayed here recently as Cardiff was very busy and so we didn't have a lot of choice with hotels. The room was grubby, the iron didn't work. The sliding bathroom door didn't shut properly, the mirror in the bathroom was hanging off the wall with bear wires. We reported this saying it was not safe to have wires hanging down, but nobody came to sort it out for us. The varnish on the doors was pealing away and the tiles on the bathroom floor needing some serious bleach!! The room was far too hot with no air con. Needless to say we won't be staying at the Park Inn Cardiff centre again.....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for giving us your feedback on your recent stay with us, firstly, please accept my personal apologies that your stay did not live up to expectation and sorry to hear you were less than satisfied. I totally agree that some part of the hotel needs updating which we are currently working on at the moment.If you could contact me directly at maheswaran.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com to give me another opportunity to put things right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Bridgend
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Visited this hotel for my Year 13 prom, very unhappy experience. Security were excessive and inappropriate and delayed our prom by half hour, dampening our experience. Drinks were incredibly overpriced even for a hotel. Rooms were out of date and dirty. Will not be returning.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sophhulmes
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time taken to write this feedback. I am very sorry to see that we did not meet your expectation. I have investigated into the issues that you encountered and all I can say that is I apologies for the inconvenience caused and I have personally spoken to my team and we have done every thing necessary to rectify the problem thereby avoiding inconvenience to our guest. As you know its a prom we need to adhere to the security process and sorry to hear that you need to be waited.
With regards to pricing in the bar, I am sorry to see that you found it pricey, but please let me assure you that we constantly monitor bar prices with the rest of the city center hotel and we make sure that our prices are reasonable and competitive to ensure that our guest gets the best value for money.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel if i could be any helpful to you.

Again, many apologies for the inconvenience caused and we hope that you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.
Ogmore-by-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Good location right in the centre of Cardiff, within easy walking distance of the train/bus station and all the main tourist spots. Saying that, the bars and clubs are also close by so you may well hear some noise from the revellers below. I’ve stayed there many times and it’s hit and miss in terms of a good night’s sleep –which is not the hotel’s fault.

The room is comfortable, large bed, good storage and plenty of space for cases. The temperature does get a little warm which can be a problem, especially when open windows increase the potential street noise. They could do with air con. The bathroom is clean and spacious but does not come with toiletries. There are plenty of tea and coffee making facilities and a decent sized TV. The lobby is large and it’s a quick process to check in and out.

It's a 'budget' hotel and ideal for a 1 right stay, right in the city centre.

Room Tip: The car parking is expensive and pretty cramped being underneath the building. TIP: there’s a car pa...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AllisonTuck
Dear Guest,

many thanks for your time in writing the review in this platform.Very glad to see the hotel has met your expectation and apologies for being disturbed by the noise.
Hope the travel brings you back to cardiff again and will be my pleasure to welcome you back in the hotel.

Have a nice day.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is situation right in the centre and across the road from the motorpoint arena. Staff are friendly and helpful and the hotel is very clean. Great breakfast, with a wide range of choice to suit all. My room had air-con which was fantastic in the heat although I know not all rooms have this facility. Have stayed a few times, always a quick and efficient check in and out and no hassles. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

1 Thank LolaL609
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the room had to offer. I have discussed your feedback with the rest of my team who are glad that our product and service were appreciated at this platform. I cannot agree with you more regarding to the location , being in the heart of the city center closer to all the local attraction and events that the city has to offer.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope that you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back.