“Simple Accommodation”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #34 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Staying at this hotel as part of a tour group. It is very well located right in the heart of beautiful Cardiff. Dont expect anything luxurious, it is quite basic, although rooms are quite spacious. Breakfast is just ok.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your time in posting the review regarding your recent stay.
As you said we are proud with our location specially in the heart of the city in close aproximity to all the attraction what is the city offers.
We are currently working of a refurbishment programme to enhance our product and hopefully we should have a enhanced product very soon in terms of the bedrooms.Our lobby Bar and restaurant is one of the unique set up you would have never come accross and most of our guest have left so many wonderful comment about that is the past.
Looking forward to welcome you back in cardiff if your travel gets you back to Wales.

Mahesh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,513)

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I booked 2 rooms for mum and a friend and my sister and her boyfriend for one night June 22nd they had a lovely stay both rooms were clean staff were helpful when I phoned to up grade the one room to three single beds for my other sister to join them also this wasn't to much trouble for them to arrange, the one thing mum found was the menu said they did evening meals from 5 if you were going to the motor point like they were when they asked this wasn't correct which was a shame as mum is a recently diagnosed type 1 (left hospital on the Monday) so needed to do insulin and have a meal as close to 5 as possible but they did find a nice place to eat any how.

Over all very pleased with the stay a great customer service.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent response and really appreciate your time.
I am very glad to see we met your expectation apart from the opening timing of our restaurant.
Normally we open our restaurant at 5.00 PM on concert night and i am not sure why this was miscommunicated to you.Just be assured i will address this with the team so that we can avoid any such thing in the futrue.

looking forward to welcome you back in cardiff if your travel gets you back to Wales.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

A friend and I recently attended a conference in Cardiff and stayed with 30 other colleagues on the 4th and 5th floor of the Park Inn The experience was not good. Although the bathroom was new the room itself was poorly decorated and had broken drawers
On the day of the AGM the restaurant could not seat us all for breakfast, and temporarily ran out of food. Also the coffee was terrible. Described as old grounds. washed round an ash tray. ! .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your time in giving your feedback on the recent stay.
I would like to request for another opportunity where i can put things right for you.
I will be very thankful if you could contact me on maheswaran.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com and i am more than happy to discuss.Once again my sincere apology for the inconvienience caused during your recent stay.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

No AC in the room = too hot to sleep. Only a poor fan was supposed to help us out.. The Hotel try to look all cool with all the red furnitures, they should try to do the same with the rooms.. Looks like something from the 90's.

Anyhow: we didn't book this Hotel to stay Inside the Hotel all night, so if you're just looking for a bed and a room in the 'dessert'- well here it is.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking your time in giving us your feed back on your recent stay.
I am really sorry to hear that we couldnt able to allocate you in a room with Aircon.As you know our hotel is not fully airconditioned however please let us know next time you are in cardiff well in advance and we will try and get you accomodated in a room with Aircon.I totally understand a part of our hotel is outdated and we are currently working on a refurbishment programme to get this up to date.

Hope your travel gets you back to cardiff in the near future and if you need any further assistance please do not heistate to contact me at the hotel if i may be any helpful to you.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Location is excellent. Just a 10minute walk from the station and you only step outside and you're in the city centre. I was served straight away with check in, my room was lovely and clean, a mobile air con unit was supplied, plenty of towels, very comfy bed and freeview was a bonus :) ..... I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Natasha D
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the room had to offer. I have shared your feedback with the rest of my team who are glad that our product and services were appreciated on this platform.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you to our wonderful city.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here for 1 night as part of a couples group for a surprise birthday. Clean, comfortable rooms and a good breakfast in the morning. Central location for shows at the Motorpoint arena and the city centre.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jugz5
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this valuable feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities that the room had to offer. As you said about our location which we take extreme pride in being in the heart of the city center closer to all major events and attraction that the city has to offer.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you back to Cardiff.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

this is the 4th time my wife and myself have stayed in cardiff twice at park inn central and twice at park inn north. both great hotels but the central is better location. staff very good, rooms very clean, food very nice. all together a good place to stay

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ken b

Dear Guest,
What a wonderful feedback. I am glad to see that you are such a loyal guest to the brand and we managed to deliver a positive experience throughout your stay. I have discussed your feedback with the rest of my team here and our sister hotel Parkinn North who are glad that our efforts were appreciated on this platform.
Again, many thanks for your 5 star feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again when your travel brings you to our wonderful city.