“Sublime”

Cardiff Marriott Hotel
Ranked #19 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Excellent place to stay had a suite strongly recommend , I cant comment on the standard rooms but the suites are fantastic. Really close to the funky bars and near to the shopping areas. Have stayed here before and had a great time , i keep coming back. However please reinstate the picture of Princess Margaret in the entrance area, everyone wants her back!!

Room Tip: Book a suite
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,484)

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Great hotel in prime position. Took my wife for a weekend trip and a wedding anniversary treat at Jamies Olivers restaurant nearby. Room was very clean and comfortable. Staff very accomodating and arriving early at 11.00am we asked if we could leave our bags and receptionist managed to check us in well before due time.

As we were eating out we did not use the hotel restaurant so can't comment.

As with most city centre hotels there is a car park charge but in comparison with the NCP ones in Cardiff the rate was competetive. On the day we left my wife wanted to spend the day shopping and the hotel allowed us to leave the car in the car park at no additional charge.

I will definately use this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Three adults shared a large room, with two double beds. Very comfortable, spotlessly clean room and bathroom. Breakfast buffet was fresh and had a good choice of food, and it was possible to order specials such as smoked haddock. Staff were very friendly. Car parking was £14 per night - which in our case was from 1pm in the afternoon til 6pm the next day, so didn't work out to be too expensive for the city centre! It's right in the city centre, but rooms are exceptionally quiet - as is the air conditioning - and blackout curtains do a good job. It's a very short walk to the train station and bus stops - buses to Cardiff Bay run every ten minutes, or it's an easy twenty minute walk. I've rated it with five stars for value as we had an excellent deal through lastminute.com.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor, facing the stadium, and found it exceptionally quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed here for two nights for a conference. The staff were really friendly, place was nice and clean. Food was lovely. Location of the hotel is great, right in the heart of cardiff city centre with all the shops nearby and 5 mins walk from cardiff central station. I asked for a late check out but because so many of us were staying there for the conference they said they had to turn around a lot of rooms so could only give me an extra 30 mins. Turns out I wanted to get home sooner, rather than later in the end so it didn't really matter. Rooms are quite spacious. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room. The internet was £15 for 24 hours so I didn't use it. Would definantely stay here again, but would be good if they made the internet free.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed here for one night in early June. A late booking but the staff were very accommodating. I asked for a late check out in booking and was given until four in the afternoon. The hotel has a bar and restaurant. We were too late to eat in the restaurant so had room service. Good value and good food and service. Breakfast was included in my rate and was a pretty standard buffet. There were bags for those in the go - complementary to all I think...muffins, fruit, coffee.
I would stay here again - hotel right next to a large John Lewis and surrounded by coffee bars and restaurants.
I used the executive lounge so had soft drinks and nibbles all day. The only downside was the coffee machine was broken so coffee not hot in those large dispensers.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed yesterday and staying here today too. The hotel is in a good location, rooms are quiet, bed is comfortable, rooms clean. Service was very good. Breakfast was average. Radisson is very close and it's near the the railway station. It's right next to St David's Shopping centre too.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Chopalina
Reviewed 28 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Rooms are big and clean. Beds and pillows are so comfortable I didn't want to get up. The hotel is ideally located in the centre of town and staff are really friendly. I would fully recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2012