Cardiff Marriott Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
ML Lodge(Cardiff)
1,542 results
All reviewscar parkmill lanethe executive loungecity centreone way systemtrain stationbars and restaurantsjohn lewistwo double bedsbit datedhigh floorlocation is excellentleisure facilitiespublic areasper nightreception stafffew minutes walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Once we found the hotel (which was not easy, but that might have been my satnav) all ended up well. parking is easy with a lot of spaces available, although with a bit of walk to the lobby. has a room on the top floor, very close to the lounge. very nice and clean, but a bit noisy at times when other guests came and went in the lounge. nice and friendly staff, very efficient at check in and out. all you need, and located very centrally as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Stayed on Friday 9.11.12 for black tie event with my husband. Lovely clean hotel, central to Cardiff. Only little niggle was the one of the bathroom lights wasn't working and another was constantly flashing but again nothing major, Breakfast up untill 11am which was great when it's such a late night. Definitely come back again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrea R
Reviewed 14 November 2012

If you attend a game at the Millenium stadium there is nowhere else to stay except this hotel. its a mecca for fans and the staff are greared up and expecting large crowds before and after a match. the rooms are great and the location being 5 minutes walk from the ground and the centre of cardiff is brilliant. The only downer is that the rooms are blocked out until close to a game and then it seems corporate clients get in and take the majority of the rooms. But if you do get in its great. Breakfast is great - especially after a night of celebrating!!!!

Room Tip: just get one if you can
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2012

My wife and I booked a room here for 115.00 (not incl. breakfast) - they were really nice at reception and upgraded us to an executive room. The room was 908 - fantastic view of Cardiff Bay and Ocean. Room was great. At first we thought we might go elsewhere for breakfast but we took a look at the excellent dining area and discovered that they made omelettes to order. Plus we were given a voucher at reception for a 9.50 breakfast (down from 15.75) and so we were hooked - and not disappointed (except maybe for the coffee!) The Pool-sauna area is excellent and well sized. Very large fitness area too. Would definitely stay again - however would love it if that 115 could come down a little! The hotel is just a block from the Cardiff Central train Station.

Room Tip: The top two floors (9 and 10) are where the executive rooms are located - ask if they wouldn't mind giving you a room near the top of the hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HannahHughes
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I saw the hotel from the train on my way into the city, so it was easy to find, just a five-minute walk from the main station. The exterior reminds me of the seventies, but inside it's much better. There was no line at check-in and check-out. The rooms are spacious and have a lot of light. Beds are comfortable. The center of Cardiff is compact so almost everything worth seeing is a short walk from the hotel, including the castle and the National Museum, which offers art and natural history exhibits (free). My rate didn't include breakfast, but there are plenty of restaurants with breakfast specials nearby. Lots of shopping opportunities as well. The hotel pool is huge and there is also a whirlpool. I booked a prepaid rate. My only gripe is the fact that my credit card was charged in euros instead of pounds at a rate about 3 or 4 percent the actual exchange rate. I did NOT authorize this customer-unfriendly payment method. I have only been a victim of this practice at Marriott hotels, the two others being in Birmingham and Warsaw. Everywhere else my card is charged in the local currency and I pay a conversion fee of 1.25% (listed separately on my statements), instead of 3 or 4 percent extra. The hotel receptionist told me that she didn't know if the card was charged in euros or pounds, so I only found out afterwards when I received my statement. I have stayed at about 20 other non-eurozone hotels in the past two years and only Marriotts have cheated me. I have elite status with Marriott and Hilton. I would have rated this hotel a four out of five, if it wasn't for this problem.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo