“Excellent hotel in the centre of Cardiff”

Cardiff Marriott Hotel
Ranked #19 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Excellent service, good clean rooms, lovely receptionists.
What more could one ask for?
We highly recommend this hotel.
We stayed here for one night on Marriott points, and best of all, the hotel is walking distance from the city centre, and a mere 1 1/2 miles to the fabulous Cardiff Docks.
The thing about a chain like Marriott is that you more or less know what you are going to get. And it's usually very good indeed!

Room Tip: We had a lovely view on the 10th floor over to the stadium!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mickigirl1310

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed at the Cardiff Marriott for a few nights in July, 2012. We enjoyed the hotel and easy access to restaurants and some sights. We went to see the 'Dr. Who' exhibit and it was not too far from the hotel. We also drove to see Brecon National Park. It was an unexpected stop and the front desk workers were very helpful in providing information and directions for us.
Overall, I would give his hotel a positive rating and would stay here again.
I hope I get to visit Cardiff again.!
Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here fro two night son the 8-10 Feb 2014 with all my family... we got a room rate of 89 pounds including breakfast which was really good... We opted to get a taxi from teh airport to the hotel took around 40 minutes and cost 30 pounds. You can get the bus is cost 5 pounds one way and takes about 55 mins. The bus stop is near the hotel.
Overall the hotel was really nice and the location is just perfect. the breakfast was fresh and had a great choice.... i would use this hotel again. :-)
I aslo used the swimming pool and it was very well ,amanged and of a high standard. The gym area was HUGE!!!! with lots of equipment and the styeam room, sauna and whirl pool was sooooo relaxing.... so don't forget your swim gear.... but if you do they sell some and loads of shops near by to buy them...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Lets start with the wi-fi. At £6 per hour it is outrageous. The hotel is a typical Marriott so is probably better suited to the business traveller. Whilst other hotels offer free wi-fi (which in my view is an essential for all business travellers), this hotel was offering wi-fi at £6 per hour, £15 per day or £75 for the week!! The hotel staff were pleasant and friendly and the room was clean. However, it was poorly equipped with no mini bar and not much in the way of toiletries. A colleague who had stayed at the Raddison Blue (which was just down the road) was surprised at the cost of the room given what was on offer. I would not stay here again unless they changed their wi-fi charges and made more of an effort with the comfort of the rooms, Shame, the staff seemed really nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Guest Relations C, Guest Relations Manager at Cardiff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you for your review of the Cardiff Marriott Hotel. I am sorry that your expectations were not met during your recent stay. Your feedback is valuable to us and I have discussed your comments with the management team. On a positive note I am pleased that the staff were pleasant. I very much hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back at the Cardiff Marriott Hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I frequently stay in Cardiff yet this was my first stay here. Service was good and friendly with an efficient check in.

Rooms as you would expect from the Marriott chain, nothing to fault.

Breakfast was plentiful and efficient.

Will definitely consider again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Located right in the heart of the city, the Cardiff Marriott offers every a traveller needs.starting from the c/in to the check out everything was just great.The staff members are very courteous and friendly. The room was nice and had a nice city view. The leisure centre is big and very clean. The breakfast was a treat,and the snacks in the BAR in the evening were good as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deepanshu K
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I thought the hotel yes was nice but I think the bedrooms are very dated and considering the amount of money paid the room was fairly basic.Yes you get a big bed and a large tv ( most accomodation has a big tv now ) I think that the £115 price tag for 1 night was expensive and I think it was absolutly disgusting that you are then charged an additional £15 to park overnight at the Hotel carpark! As with all hotels drinks are very expensive at the hotel as was Breakfast ( which I didn't have as the room and parking alone was expensive enough)The staff I thought were very accomodating and it seemed like a very popular hotel, even though the hotel was directly across the road from the nightlife of Sodabar and peppermint etc the room was quiet as the windows are doubled up so you can't hear a peep which was good. I also thought that the 3pm check in time was a bit late although was very pleased with the check out time not being until 12pm. Overall I don't think I would stay here again unless the came down on the price as I couldn't justify spending that a mount of money on yes a lovely hotel but a basic bedroom.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kellycadz
Guest Relations C, Guest Relations Manager at Cardiff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback is valuable and I have shared your comments with the management team. I very much hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.