“Hen party stay”

Cardiff Marriott Hotel
Ranked #20 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here with a group of ladies for a hen party. Very spacious rooms, with two double beds. Comfy night sleep which is what you want after a night celebrating. Couldn't hear any noise from outside, which I was very grateful for! Didn't have breakfast included in the price so can't comment on food, but did park in the car park, which was a god send. A lot cheaper than parking in a NCP, and it was secure onsite.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,498)

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband and myself stayed two nights at The Marriot Cardiff using our Tesco vouchers. We had a lovely room and the breakfast was first class. We went to see Wicked at the Millenium Centre on the Saturday and this hotel was perfect for transport to the bay as the taxi rank and bus stop is right outside the hotel. The hotel is situated right next to all the restaurants and in the city centre. We took our car but the downside of this is that it costs £15.00 a night to park in hotel car park which I think is too expensive for residents of the hotel. Especially if you are staying there for a few nights

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed for 1 night, staff really helpful and friendly. We arrived early and just wanted to drop off bags but they found a room and let us check in early which was much appreciated. Room nice and clean and had everything we needed. Our room on the 4th was quiet. Location excellent for shopping and the Motorpoint Arena. Good value for money, would stay again. Did not have breakfast or use spa so unable to rate.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed here as we had a conference in the motopoint and were arriving by train. Clean comfortable in a very convenient spot- very central. Despite this the room was quiet. To park would have been £15 a night! Wifi in the room £6 an hour and £15 a day- does it really cost that much to supply wi fi? I believe it was free in the foyer. Reception staff pleasant and efficient. We would stay here again

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We enjoyed a 2 night stay her whilst visiting friends and were happy with the location and hospitality.
Ideal for travelling around the city and clean and comfortable rooms.
Would stay again if back in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Like other reviewers, we stayed for the Wales v Scotland rugby weekend - a test for any hotel and its staff!!! :-)
Richard the Concierge and the reception staff always greeted us with a smile and we were well looked after regardless of how busy the staff were, and I doubt the hotel is ever busier.
Marriott beds and breakfasts were fab as always.
Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I guess I should have read the reviews before booking the hotel but I am a Marriott Platinum member. The good: the location is great as everyone else says, it is walking distance to everything in Cardiff from the train station to the bay to the castle and tons of bars and restaurants. The room was ok and the bathroom was functional. The bad: I was on the executive floor and it was anything but executive. The lounge was fair, food fair, selection poor - same thing every day (for all I know they just repackaged it and set it out the next day). I made a comment one morning and the person just smiled. Another interesting point, the security peek hole in the door is so high that at 5'8" I had to stand on toes - I can't think of any woman who could look through it. I made a mention of it downstairs at the front desk and again no comment just a smile (thinks must be funny in Cardiff). The Ugly: Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night the party on my floor started at midnight and went on until 2pm. Doors slamming, people running in the hallway, people slamming (not to put too fine of point on it, but if you're a screamer in a hotel, put a pillow over your head). I had to wake up early on Friday morning so I called downstairs at 1am; nothing happened. On Friday morning I went downstairs and told them to do something, this was the response from one of the guys at the front desk, quote "I got in at 5am this morning and didn't sleep before I came into work." I don't care and you should be let go for that type of answer. From the lounge I got, "oh last week was rugby week, it was much louder." Yes there is outside club and train noise but it was drowned out by the people turning up the TV. Next the pot smoking. I complained about it on Friday and Saturday but nothing happened again. I can't believe the cleaning people did not do something about it, unless it was different people in the rooms. Oh and don't get me started on the internet, or lack there of :) Marriott and the staff should be ashamed
So to close this out, don't stay there unless you want to party because its a perfect location and heck maybe you'll get lucky with a drunk. I have to come back to Cardiff for work. I WILL NOT be staying here.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel if you want to sleep
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Omni99
FOMCardiffMarriott, Front Office Manager at Cardiff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for your review of the Cardiff Marriott Hotel. I am sorry that your expectations were not met during your recent stay. We value your Elite Platinum membership. Your feedback is important to us and also this gives us an opportunity to address the concerns and re look at the service and facilities. Please PM the hotel directly with your details. I would like to personally look into this. Once again please accept my sincere apology behalf of the Cardiff Marriott team for the inconveniences caused.