“Depends on Type of Room Received”

Cardiff Marriott Hotel
Ranked #19 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
“Depends on Type of Room Received”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Room
The first room received was on 8th floor facing back of hotel which was quiet and not much to see other than towering Radisson Blu hotel. The room itself appeared clean but it smelled pissy and musky. The table had broken leg that was propped up in which everything fell on the floor after touching it. I could not tolerate the room odor and was moved to 5th floor George Suite which was facing the bars. The room was odor free and roomier but the music from the bars was non-stop all night long until 6am then it cranks back up around 10am even on a Sunday morning. It was better dealing with the music than be nauseated by a quiet, smelly room.

Parking
Getting from the parking garage to the hotel requires walking outside passing rows of bars to get to the hotel entrance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank canyanyday
Guest Relations C, Guest Relations Manager at Cardiff Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay at the Cardiff Marriott Hotel. On behalf of the Team, Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused with regards to the issues raised. We valued your feedback and have passed your comments onto the relevent departments for them to resolve, Your feedback is vital to us and help us to re-look at our services and facilities. Once again please accept my sincere apology and I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Having stayed here before was expecting a good room everything working
I was told that the room had a city view this would have been the case if they had cleaned the windows but they were just so dirty
The air con didn't work properly and they had to send me a fan
Went to the bar area for a drink but it was so warm could not stay and when I asked if the air con was on they said they thought so
Just a suggestion but staff behind reception could just say good evening etc as you pass I think maybe a visit to the thistle charing cross hotel would be a good visit for the front if house team to see how it should be done
The wifi is expensive and car parking
This hotel used to be one of the best in the city it needs to improve
I stayed at the novotel recently and standards were far better

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay with us at the Cardiff Marriott Hotel. On behalf of the Team, Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused with regards to the issues you have raised. I hope that you received our small gesture of good will during your stay with us.

However i would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback as here at Cardiff Marriott hotel we are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and facilities. Therefor your feedback is vital to us and will help us to re-look at our services and facilities. Once again please accept my sincere apology and I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the near future.
Porthcawl, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed 1 night as I was going out to a local bar with friends the room was small and dated bed was comfy but the room was tatty the safes digital numbers 6 and 9 didn't show crack in sink chair scrapes and scratches on it window dirty ironing board cover stained and worn and falling off ! no fridge ! I've stayed in many marriotts and this is the worse and price is expensive wifi £6 an hour car park £15 a day but the location is so good in the middle of cardiff so I suppose you should expect these prices I would stay again purely for convenience

Room Tip: I was on first floor and it was quieter at the back of hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank anniex3
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

my partner and i have 2 young children and wanted a little break just us 2. this was ideal staff are friendly, rooms were plesent. cardiff is an amazing place. very good value for money. restaurants and shopws within 5 min walk

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The Marriott Hotel is located within a few minutes walk from Cardiff Central Station and right in the heart of the city centre with restaurants, bars and shops right on the doorstep. The Millennium Stadium is also a few minutes walk away and the Castle is around a 10 minutes walk. The hotel itself is clean and fairly modern with large flat screen tv's in the rooms as well and tea & coffee making facilities, trouser press and iron & ironing board. As we were staying in the hotel on a Sunday night we got an excellent rate of just £62 on a room only basis in a standard double room. Overall this hotel offers a great location, good service and clean spacious rooms.

• Stayed July 2014
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My room was a bit dark and needed some brightening up and the noise from the corridor was quite loud. I was pleasantly surprised with the range of food offered for room service. I had the pulled pork sandwich but it definitely wasn't what I would call pulled pork - just sliced up quite dry and fatty pork. I don't think Hugh FW would have approved. It's a very strange route to get to the pool and I had to ask 2 people from the restaurant and the bar how to get there. It feels as if you're going through an alarmed fire exit. Please get some signage to make this clearer. Breakfast was nice though. Staff and service good but don't go for the room service - no matter how tempting it looks!

Room Tip: higher floor might have been better. Earplugs recommended as walls seem quite thin
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ecosse
Brewood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We come to Cardiff every year for the. Speedway GP and every year we stay at this hotel and have noticed a few changes over the years we decided this year to come on the train as we have no need to drive once in the city and also the car parking is expensive at the Marriot although it is safe and secure ... Free WiFi is available in the public areas and we also had free Wi if in our room just logged in as hotel guest that was it unless your stay is for buisness purposes the wifi is adequate ...the rooms are starting to look a little dated and could do with upgrading but they are clean tidy comfortable I've seen people complain about the views and noise from the bars this is an inner city hotel so if your expecting a tranquil scene outside your window stay in the countryside is my advice ...the service from the staff is excellent they are polite attentive and helpful the food served in the bar area is lovely and of a high standard the breakfast buffet is also of a high standard ... Whilst I don't agree with the price hike because an event is on we would probably continue to use this hotel but those rooms really do need redecoration some time very soon

Stayed July 2014