Cardiff Marriott Hotel
    Great 4.5/5
    • Breakfast included
    ML Lodge(Cardiff)
    1,542 results
    All reviewscar parkmill lanethe executive loungecity centreone way systemtrain stationbars and restaurantsjohn lewistwo double bedsbit datedhigh floorlocation is excellentleisure facilitiespublic areasper nightreception stafffew minutes walk
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 5 August 2014

Paid £436 for 2 twin rooms for 2 nights a good 5 weeks in advance of our stay, rocked up to be told they didnt have any twin rooms left so we would have to have a double and sofa bed? Apparently this was non-negotiable. Found myself lying on a sofa bed that i wouldnt let my dog sleep on for £109 each!? Further to that they then managed to double charge one card and single charge another then take it off then charge a 'new price'? Which i had to argue to change back? After all that they had the cheek to try and charge me for the room being too messy?! Shame as it could have been spot on should the service had been better. Good job the nightlife made up for it/

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and 7 other friends stayed here during a friend's hen weekend in Cardiff. Check in was quick and easy, the man at the counter was polite and friendly and let us know the basics. The hotel is in a great location, with bars and restaurants in full view. Thank God for double glazing though, I must say!
    Our rooms were as close to eachother as possible which was handy and we were able to call eachother when we needed.
    The rooms were clean, well presented with all the usual teas and coffees etc and a mini bar which we managed to resist!
    The beds were extremely comfy with extra blankets if needed and huge pillows.
    I only had the buffet breakfast once but it was delicious. Lots of choice and our empty plates and cups were collected promptly.

All in all, we all had a fantastic Hen weekend and the hotel was everything one could want. No complaints here

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is outdated, seems like last refurb was in 90s/2k. Concierge lounge is small (like one room) but the food there was good. Just got executive room as a platinum, but no idea if was a benefit, room was below Marriott standards, usually i get Junior suites or suites, they told me that junior suites are booked but based on the website were available, anyway would not expect anything fancy. Main issue for me wat that NO!!!! UK 2 world reduction was available, which is unacceptable for 4*, was told the guests has stolen all so they dont have any (i dont care, not my biz), never experienced such situation in any other Marriott, considering this village airport of cardiff where you cannot buy anything, that was for me a major issue as wasnt able to complete my work during my stay. Near the hotel is the Chippy lane so good junk food to takeaway. If there would have been other Marriot would not repeat the stay there.

Stayed: June 2014
    Reviewed 29 July 2014

Room
    The first room received was on 8th floor facing back of hotel which was quiet and not much to see other than towering Radisson Blu hotel. The room itself appeared clean but it smelled pissy and musky. The table had broken leg that was propped up in which everything fell on the floor after touching it. I could not tolerate the room odor and was moved to 5th floor George Suite which was facing the bars. The room was odor free and roomier but the music from the bars was non-stop all night long until 6am then it cranks back up around 10am even on a Sunday morning. It was better dealing with the music than be nauseated by a quiet, smelly room.

Parking
    Getting from the parking garage to the hotel requires walking outside passing rows of bars to get to the hotel entrance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank canyanyday
    Guest Relations C, Guest Relations Manager at Cardiff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay at the Cardiff Marriott Hotel. On behalf of the Team, Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused with regards to the issues raised. We valued your feedback and have passed your comments onto the relevent departments for them to resolve, Your feedback is vital to us and help us to re-look at our services and facilities. Once again please accept my sincere apology and I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Having stayed here before was expecting a good room everything working
    I was told that the room had a city view this would have been the case if they had cleaned the windows but they were just so dirty
    The air con didn't work properly and they had to send me a fan
    Went to the bar area for a drink but it was so warm could not stay and when I asked if the air con was on they said they thought so
    Just a suggestion but staff behind reception could just say good evening etc as you pass I think maybe a visit to the thistle charing cross hotel would be a good visit for the front if house team to see how it should be done
    The wifi is expensive and car parking
    This hotel used to be one of the best in the city it needs to improve
    I stayed at the novotel recently and standards were far better

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay with us at the Cardiff Marriott Hotel. On behalf of the Team, Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused with regards to the issues you have raised. I hope that you received our small gesture of good will during your stay with us.

However i would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback as here at Cardiff Marriott hotel we are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and facilities. Therefor your feedback is vital to us and will help us to re-look at our services and facilities. Once again please accept my sincere apology and I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the near future.