1,265 results
All reviewsretail parkcity centreleisure facilitiesbit datedclub roomironing boardone night staybuffet stylefree parkingnight's sleepcomfy bedafternoon teayogurttescogymmotorwayroundabout
Reviewed 6 September 2013

visited long time ago and it is still the same .. pleasant artificial lake surrounding the hotel .. nice gym and great for walking around .. a bit far from the city centre but was a nice hotel though .. room service is very good ... and the restaurant they had downstairs as well .. staff helpful and friendly

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Having stayed here before we had no qualms booking again. It's convenient for our family visits and, although rooms are drab and very dated, it's okay, except the extremely hard beds that is!

On our last night of this stay my nice new white nightie was missing from under the pillow. I phoned reception who promised to get the Housekeeping Mgr to check all that days laundry before it left the hotel. She said see Sharon when you checkout, she will have it. No! Sharon knew nothing about it and said the laundry had gone. Anyway the laundry are very good (apparently), they check everything (I was told) and it would be sent to me she was sure! No! 10 days later Ive heard nothing so I phoned the General Mgr and explained. He will find out what's happened and call me or email me the next day (he said) but 5 days later I haven't heard a word. They obviously don't care a hoot about their guests or their belongings and we won't be staying there again!!

It got a poor rating for value as I now have the expense of buying another nightie!

The Premier Inn at Wenvoe is less than a mile up the road. We've stayed there before and they will have our business again from now on.

Oh, and by the way the food is rubbish at the Copthorne.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed with a colleague for a dinner business meeting with a local contact. Very pleasant reception welcome, nice rooms with enough space and whilst dated all was clean and comfortable. There's no air con but the windows open and with a lake view little noise so slept well despite it being quite warm outside. Dinner in the restaurant was fine and reasonably well priced. Buffet breakfast was staple English fare but it did the job. Reasonable price over all pretty good value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The hotel was ideally situated for our trips to Penarth and Cardiff to visit family. The rooms were clean and well appointed although the twin room was a bit cramped when trying to sit in the easy chair by the table. There is an excellent gym and a swimming pool with jaccuzzi which were situated on level 1. The restaurant produced some wonderful meals but charged top dollar and the bar prices were expensive as well. The decking area upstairs was in need of refurbishment and the lower deck area needed some maintenance. The staff were friendly, very professional and nothing was too much trouble. We enjoyed our stay but felt that, for the price, the hotel had slipped a notch or two from previous visits.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Viva Stay
Reviewed 27 August 2013

A very average Copthorne in a pleasant setting. Dealt with very well and professionally at reception.....given a Connessiour room.....spacious , good bed , small but adequate bathroom. Very warm room (5th floor) but fan provided in room with windows opened made it bearable. Room service better than expected....quick and of quality. But and a big but, breakfast was a disgrace for a four star hotel.....tables are not set.....everything is self service....with English breakfast being kept on warm plates.....when my partner ordered two poached eggs from the chef they eventually arrived on a saucer.....nothing else......just a saucer!...cold and atrocious presentation..she had to go and 'find' a proper dinner plate......I think it is reasonble to expect fresh tea & coffee to be served at this standard of hotel....self service dispensing from large vacuum flasks is frankly shoddy and cheap service. I just could not eat my breakfast....it had been left far too long. The wait staff were just not up to the service level found elsewhere in the hotel and the atmoshere was one of a large canteen...not a hotel dining room.If I had to stay again the breakfast was so poor I would not waste my time and eat there. I strongly counsel management to review it's service strategy at breakfast ..it adversely impacts on the customer experience and perception.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business