1,278 results
All reviews retail park city centre leisure facilities bit dated steam room club room ironing board one night stay buffet style night's sleep free parking comfy bed afternoon tea yogurt tesco gym motorway
Reviewed 13 September 2013

A decent hotel but the bed or beds (two pushed together) provided me with two nights of the worst sleep I've encountered for years. Mattresses different heights and so uncomfortable. Room ok food ok and a nice place but they need to seriously invest in sleep comfort. Fir a hotel like this, not cheap, they need o address this. Room floor two.

Yes I would return but not that room.

I have stayed on business 6 times before with no issue.

Complained no response.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We have stayed at the Copthorne on many occasions over the last few years and will be staying there again this Christmas. It is the perfect location to visit my family who are all either in Cardiff, Penarth or Barry. Also the shopping options of Tesco and M&S right next door help my need for some much needed items.

Some may be put off by the hotel being right next to a large intersection but I have never found it to be noisy. With a ge free car park available it is a good option for us as we drive to and from London and then around to see the family. the Copthorne may be a little awkward for reaching the city centre but we now park near a local train station and get the train into the city if we want to shop.

The staff have always been extremely nice to us and some of the people who have worked there longer always recognise us. The place is always clean and welcoming and I feel at home and relaxed when staying at this hotel. The bar area is a nice place to spend an evening with some great food and a nice selection of local products. Sometimes it can be a little loud when events are going on but it is nice to see people having a good time! It would be nice to see something other than sport on the TV but I guess it is what the customers all want to watch :/

The rooms are lovely. Yes the place could do with a bit of a spruce up but it adds charm somehow and the place really is always clean and tidy. So I don't care about the decor. We have stayed in a variety of rooms all over the hotel and all have been wonderful. Cosy but not cramped.

Good selection of TV channels but the tea and biscuits need to be refilled everyday and also be enough for the amount of people sleeping in the room. I have often found that the mini fridge is either turned off or missing...not sure why...can't remember it ever having anything inside which is weird for this kind of hotel. Although it does stop the temptation ;)

Breakfast is great! I don't know if I have been away from the UK for too long and forgot how a Full English should be but we enjoy this part of the trip the most! Always tasty and so much choice! Sometimes when it is quiet there is a delay with the food being refilled but otherwise I have never had any problems. My only pet peeve about the breakfast is the coffee! It is disgusting. I expected and still expect better but it hasn't changed :(

The only huge problem I have about this hotel is the internet! With the cost of the rooms, the age we live in and the competition they have why on earth does this hotel still have expensive internet!? Especially when it is also seen as a big business traveller hotel. Free Wifi for guests isn't too much to ask, is it? Or at least free internet via a cable in the rooms? This is the most disappointing part about this hotel and maybe one day they will finally read my feedback forms and change it!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The hotel is located in a beautiful and convenient location. The views from high floors to the surrounding mountains is stunning. Its only about 6 miles from Cardiff City Center and has a shopping center opposite with a big M&S . The hotel is on a very busy road intersection so can be a bit noisy if the windows are left open. The interior decoration and room furnishing are a bit tired looking. The breakfast provided could be much better with better quality food and beverages for this grade hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor at the rear of the buiding
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 661Ramesh
Reviewed 6 September 2013

visited long time ago and it is still the same .. pleasant artificial lake surrounding the hotel .. nice gym and great for walking around .. a bit far from the city centre but was a nice hotel though .. room service is very good ... and the restaurant they had downstairs as well .. staff helpful and friendly

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Having stayed here before we had no qualms booking again. It's convenient for our family visits and, although rooms are drab and very dated, it's okay, except the extremely hard beds that is!

On our last night of this stay my nice new white nightie was missing from under the pillow. I phoned reception who promised to get the Housekeeping Mgr to check all that days laundry before it left the hotel. She said see Sharon when you checkout, she will have it. No! Sharon knew nothing about it and said the laundry had gone. Anyway the laundry are very good (apparently), they check everything (I was told) and it would be sent to me she was sure! No! 10 days later Ive heard nothing so I phoned the General Mgr and explained. He will find out what's happened and call me or email me the next day (he said) but 5 days later I haven't heard a word. They obviously don't care a hoot about their guests or their belongings and we won't be staying there again!!

It got a poor rating for value as I now have the expense of buying another nightie!

The Premier Inn at Wenvoe is less than a mile up the road. We've stayed there before and they will have our business again from now on.

Oh, and by the way the food is rubbish at the Copthorne.

• Stayed: August 2013