“Why so many complaints!!!!”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North
Ranked #30 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Genuinely don't know why people are complaining about this hotel!! Lovely clean room, with a very comfy bed! Staff were very helpful and polite! Only thing I would mention(and it will sound petty and stupid) is that the 24hr room service is not 24hr, "as the chef goes home at night" and then they only sell cold sandwiches! Only mentioning it because I came back late and was hungry and when I rang down to order hot food, I got told no! Even when it mentions in the welcome pack it's 24hr and with no restrictions! But on the whole I would definitely stay here again and would fully recommend others to stay here aswell!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Foodie985
Dorota27, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Thank you for your kind review and for taking the time to post it! It really helps motivate the team to read our reviews especially when they are so positive. I fully appreciate your comment about the 24hrs room service and will make sure that the literature fully reflects the offering. We hope to see you again soon Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed 7 March 2012

stayed here for one night in march with my wife,paid 41 pounds with Otel.com....via trivargo..lve no idea how much it costs on match days as in football rugby etc..including buffet breakfast for two,the breakfast was first class,bacon eggs cereal cheese yogurts,all you can eat.. everything one wanted..has a lift ..three floors..the room was big clean....not a scratch anywhere.mirror..had been refurbished,shower room was large,very very clean...and nice hot.water..looked new..tea and coffee in room.hairdryer etc.all quality fittings,bed was good..all looked brand new!..close to road but never heard a thing...the tv was good picture(flat screen),,,not enough channels of course!...but all free veiw ones.....the hotel had a gym fittness room....lm not sure if that in with the room deal!!! didint use it...to eat dinner we came out the hotel turned right....half mile away travelodge,next to it a harvester food resturant,,,,eat 2 for 20 pounds..good food...there was a park and ride in to cardiff no more tthan 500 yds away...the cost for that was only 3 pounds per car!...both ways into the center.how cheaps that..no city paking fees..was so easy to use...staff where helpful both checking in and helping any needs.....if l went to cardiff again...l would def use this hotel.....sat nav took us right to it..a good 3 star..great value..best prices are booked online l guess...turn up price was from 55 pounds....which l thought was still good..thank you to park inn north cardiff

Room Tip: we had a twin room which was a double bed plus a fold down bed,,,,,so the room was bigger,and as alw...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank petesman2

Thank you for your kind review and for taking the time to post it! It really helps motivate the team to read our reviews especially when they are so positive. We hope to see you again soon Kind regards

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Following a visit to the Park Inn in Harlow I was mortified when I had learned that my Company had booked me into this hotel such was my disappointment in Harlow, however, what a pleasant surprise from the Gentleman on reception who was really helpful and although not from the area managed to find directions to the offices that I was visiting, the restaurant was pleasant and clean and food good, the staff where outstanding friendly and helpful.
It has restored my faith in this chain of hotels and will gladly return here in the future. Well Done.

Room Tip: Away from the Main Road as traffic noise is alittle annoying but to be honest it is not too loud, bu...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tomt1230
Dorota27, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

We are so pleased to have exceeded your expectations during your stay at the hotel and we are very grateful that you have taken the time to write a review too! Please do not hesitate to use us again while we are in the area.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Spent last weekend in Cardiff for the Wales v Scotland 6 nations rugby match. Had booked it last July as the prices were pretty respectable considering the International match that was on.
Must say some of the reviews had me doubting what I had booked but we stuck with it and I am glad that we did.
My mate and I arrived into Cardiff airport and got the free bus to the rail station. Timings worked out well as we waited 10 minutes and then arrived within minutes of the hourly train, (on Saturday mornings)
We caught a taxi from Cardiff centre to the hotel, and this is my one gripe, it costs 10GBP to get out there. We heard some stories of customers being charged over twice as much so worth asking.
We had phoned ahead of checkin and was pleasantly surprised that checking in early was no problem. They would have held our bags too if the room was not ready.
On arrival, 2 burly rugby lads, found that the twin room that had been requested had what appeared to be 1 double bed!!! No problem though, a misunderstanding on the room had not had the guest bed made up. The Housekeeping manager was duly depatched and within 5 minutes we had 2 seperate beds. Result!
The room was a family room and was clean and spacious, with everything you would expect, and certainly everything that we needed.
Would I go back, yes, although for convenience and cost I would want to be slightly closer to town to avoid the taxi fares. On that point it was 30GBP to the airport, however using the airport taxis out would have cost far more.

Room Tip: room 303 faces a school and quiet road. It was a weekend so no noise from the school.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

We are so pleased to have exceeded your expectations during your stay at the hotel and very grateful that you have taken the time to write a review too! Please do not hesitate to your us again.

Reviewed 23 December 2011

Booked 2 rooms, one twin, one disabled for my arthritic father. Disabled room was over 100 yards from the main reception. There was no wheelchair, so we had to use the evacu-chair which was very small and uncomfortable. When we booked the disabled room there was no mention that it was so far from reception, otherwise we would have taken our own wheelchair.

At breakfast, a waitress was extremely rude. There were no teaspoons on the table, so I took two from the next table. The waitress came over and shouted "put them back where you found them". Another waitress brought teaspoons and apologised for the other waitress. The rude waitress was then removed from the dining room. At the end of breakfast she came to the table and aplogised.

We definitely will NOT be returning.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Dorota27, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear MoP3

First of all please accept my apologies for our shortcomings. Please let me assure you that it is not our usual standard and if you are kind enough to give my team another chance I would like to prove our true Yes I can spirit.
I am very sorry that the location of the disable room was not pointed out to you during the reservation I will also make sure that your valuable remark will be taken on board and will make sure that this will not happen again.

Can I please give you my email address dorota.pilinska-price@rezidorparkinn.com and ask you to write to me with your details and I will make sure that your dissatisfaction is compensated.

Dorota

Reviewed 11 December 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night in December for a works night out in Cardiff.Hotel well situated not far from the M4 and not far from the centre (about a 5 min taxi ride).Hotel not much to look at from the outside but inside is quite smart looking, front of house staff were polite and nicely presented.Rooms were large with big comfy beds and a large shower room,Cannot comment on the food but the my work mate said the food was hot and tasty.The price was reasonable for a hotel of this standard and would highly recommend staying here if working nearby,would gladly stay again,

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Dear ARCHIE200

I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. Entire Park Inn team would like to welcome you again here in Cardiff in near future. hopefully you are be visiting our area soon.

With Best Regards

Dorota Pilinska-Price ( General Manager )

Reviewed 10 December 2011

We stayed here on a Saturday night and paid well over the odds for a very basic hotel. I have stayed in Travel Lodges and Premier Inns where the rooms were larger and had better furniture at less than half the price. (£170) The door to the room did not fit so rattled everytime anyone moved past in the corridor. Toiletries were minimal; no bath. At 3 am we were woken by the phone and told by reception that someone had reported that we were smoking in the room. This, despite the fact that we had specified a non-smoking room when booking (surely something that could have been checked) and there is a smoke alarm very central in the tiny room! No apology. We reported this incident to the duty manager the next morning who told us no report of the incident had been made. We requested that the manager, call us the next day to discuss the matter - a week later, and after trying to speak to her three times, we are still waiting. Breakfast was in a small room and very basic with items running out. Don't stay here. It was my first and very probably my last visit to a Radisson hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Dorota27, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear Mrs Marion Bowles,

I hope our telephone conversation and appology letter I have send to you will help to restore your faith in our services. I am looking forward to your replay .

"Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing these matters to my attention as it is only through constructive feedback such as this that we can maintain and improve the standards upheld in our Hotels.

I was very disappointed to hear of the problems and please accept my sincere apologies for the poor quality of service that you encountered. I would also like to add that comments such as yours are extremely rare and certainly not representative of our usually excellent level of customer care and guest satisfaction.

By the way of an apology and in an attempt to restore your faith in our Hotel I would like to offer you a 50% discount for your future accommodation at our hotel as well as complimentary dinner during your next stay.

I hope that our actions and my comments above go some way to restoring your faith in our hotel and that next time you require accommodation in Cardiff you will consider us for your accommodation requirements.

Please just let me know when you are ready to make your reservation.

Yours Sincerely