“very good budget hotel”

Ranked #26 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
monmouthshire
“very good budget hotel”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

stayed here with a group of girls, the room was clean, adequate size, bed very comfy and good quality bed linen. Not sure if i would stay here with my family as lots of people use it as i did on a night out in cardiff. Very accessible, 6 seater taxi cost £12 into town which was very reasonable. Friendly helpful staff, no compaints at all.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
I would like to thank you for your nice review. My team is very glad that we have made your stay enjoyable and lived up to your expectations. Comments like yours motive my young time to do even better next time you will choose to stay with us. I hope to see you soon in Cardiff
Dorota Pilinska-Price

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Polish first
North East England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We chose this hotel for a long weekend. Positive points: Fairly spacious room with tea/coffee making facility re-stocked daily as were the bathroom amenities (shampoo/showergel and soap) Fresh towels if required though we were left with only one bath towel on the last night, think they forgot to give us a clean one. Room was quiet away from the car park which was a big plus. Car park free and check in painless. Bed looked kingsize but were 2 single mattresses pushed together which was a bit of a pain as there was a gap which I kept falling through. The gym was well equipped although after all the walking around we did in Cardiff I was too tired to use it.

Not so positive: no-one ever at the bar to serve you, had to go looking every time. Bar menu the same as the room service menu and the same prices (reasonable) minus the tray charge so there was a lack of choice of food to eat. The restaurant menu did not look terribly exciting. We had a couple of sandwich type melts which came with crisps and a salad, although tasty could have been a bit bigger and I am not a greedy pig. Hotel had run out of the local beer so we never got a chance to try it, 2 days without a restock. Breakfast hit and miss. Nice cooked breakfast buffet (no fried eggs). Toast we were served with one day, the following day they couldn't cope with a large number of people so there was no toast or croissants although plenty of fruit and yoghurts, choice of tea and coffee served at the table and a selection of fruit teas with a hot water flask to help yourself. One day I requested a pot of hot water to save me a hefty walk to the other side of the dining room to refill my cup of fruit tea. the second day I asked for a pot of hot water it was a different waitress and she just took my cup off me and filled it with hot water so I had to keep getting up and down as the cups were only small. Think she was just a bit thick as quite pleasant to talk to and I could not be bothered to ask again. The fruit juice was AWFUL appalling taste I would not go there. Not much room for hanging clothes in the room. Three large pegs which stuck out of the wall so I think wouldn't be enough for a longer stay. Only eating place within walking distance was the Harvester, very good and very busy so be prepared to wait for a table. Think I would choose a hotel closer to town next time, but the rates were cheap so we got a good deal all in all.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room not facing the car park. Preferably top floor as there was a noisy stag party...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Many Thanks for choosing our hotel and your review. I am very happy to see your positive remarks specailly in regards to our bedrooms. There were a few concerns you have had please stay assured that they have been addressed with my team and we will work towards improving our shortcomings. We have employed new very experience chef in order to make sure that the choice, menu variaiety and food selection will improve very quickly.
New Zealand
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Not having a car to travel round in we found it quite a distance from anything!The parking area for the tour bus was hopeless and I have to commend the driver for managing to get the bus in there at all.For the number of folk in our tour group I also thought they werent prepared enough to cope with the numbers for breakfast. On the positive side the staff were very helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable..I think if I ever went back to cardiff I would choose a place closer to the city.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
I would like to thank you for taking time and writing a good review about our service. I apologies if the breakfast service was not fully up to your expectations however some time we are let down by our own team members who do not came to work without giving us enough time to prepare and replace. Let me assure you that this is not our usual standards. I hope you had a good trip back to New Zealand and had a good time in Europe.
London, England
Reviewed 7 June 2012 via mobile

Probably the cleanest hotel I have stayed in! Good service, welcoming staff. Rooms are minimally furnished but have flat screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities and comfortable beds. Nothing to complain about. Plenty of parking, very decent breakfast. Location is outside city centre but easily found just off A48. Well recommended.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dorota27, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Thanks for the great review and the recommendation. We really work hard on our cleaningness so it make me very happy to see such a good comments !! We hope to see you again! Kind regards Dorota Pilinska-Price
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Plenty of car parking, rooms are spacious and the food is good, location is 4 miles from the city centre so if you are planning to go to the centre a lot you may be better off with a hotel in the centre

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank nudge10
Thanks for the nice review and the recommendation We hope to see you again! Kind regards Dorota Pilinska-Price
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Exceptional value 10 minute drive from Cardiff town centre. Quiet, out of this world breakfast, free parking, polite friendly staff. Signs were good easy to find your room. Rooms were clean and tidy, beds comfy. Good breakfast and quiet. Room had flat screen tv, tea & coffee facilities and room service was available.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thanks for the great review and the recommendation. My breakfat team was very happy to see your positive comments. We hope to see you again! Kind regards Dorota Pilinska-Price
Gibraltar
Reviewed 25 May 2012

The rooms are basic but very clean and tidy, very tastefully furnished and decorated, tea/coffee making facilities in the room, toilet and shower also very clean. Excellent hot and cold buffet breakfast every day, with staff always there willing to help you with whatever you require. The hotel is just a ten minute drive from the centre of Cardiff, with ample free parking for guests and a gymnasium free of charge aswell. After a long day in the city, you can come back and enjoy the peace and tranquility.

Room Tip: Try and book a room on a corridor that can be reached by elevator, try and avoid rooms which have t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zambalumbo
Thank you very much for your review. My breakfast team was very happy to see your comments !
I am pleased you enjoyed yourself and hope to see you here in Cardiff again in the near future.
Kind regards