“Very impressed for the price”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North
Ranked #26 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Went to see the Olympic football with the wife and picked this hotel purely on the basis of how cheap (£40 for twin room) it was so I didn't expect much.

I was very pleasantly surprised when we arrived to see it is a very tidy/clean/modern hotel.
The staff were extremely helpful with all our queries about Cardiff and getting around. We were going to go out for lunch but decided to stay as their bar food all looked very nice ...and it was.
Car parking is free. There is a dedicated taxi phone in reception. Air-con in rooms. Rooms themselves are a good size with a decent TV and shower-room.
Included in the room price was an "all-you-can-eat" breakfast buffet with a massive choice of food.

My only niggle of the stay was: when having a shower I left the bathroom door open (not the largest bathroom) and this some-how set off the smoke-detector in the room causing the hotel fire alarm to go off. -Someone then rushed up to the room a little annoyed with us; as if we should know better even though there are no signs and/or common sense would not even predict such and event to happen.

All in all though a good stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PartyBoyMarty
Dorota27, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Thank you very much for your very positive comments. My team is always happy to hear that the guests appreciate our product and our services. I agree that the detectors in the rooms are too sensative however we had them checked on many occasions and are are according to fire regulation standards. However if youe felt that my team member was not underestanding enought and made youe feel ackward please accept my appologies. I will address the behaviour accordingly.
Hope to see you here with us again very soon

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Usually stay in city centre, but all full for Olympic football match and Cardiff Festival. Booked over phone and as I was fed up of trying to find a hotel, I didnt care what price I paid, so I paid £121 on the understaniding i would get a double like i asked for. got a confirmation email saying I'd paid for a queen room! (ripped off over the phone!). Arrived at hotel just after midnight, absolutely shattered after a long day, was allocated a room. Got to the room and the door key card wouldnt work, so went to reception to sort it, they said we were doing it wrong, to try another way, so went back to room, still we could not get in, so went back AGAIN. This time they sent a gentleman out with the master key who then realised which room it was and said "this door hasnt been working for quite a while). To my horror when we got in, the room was not the double I'd asked for, it was not the Queen i'd PAID FOR, it was a twin. We had 1 pillow each and they were wafer thin. Really unhappy with our stay, feel I was completely overcharged as this was not the room I'd asked for, nor the room I'd paid for! We couldnt even face breakfast incase that was another disaster!!

Room Tip: When you ask for a certain room, make sure they give you the room you asked for! Not impressed!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jess L

Thank You very much for your comments. Please stay assured that it is not our usuall standard of service and as I have received your complaint via other means as well I will agree with you a suitable compensation for your innconveniance.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed over the weekend, Team GB was playing at the Millennium Stadium (Olympics), and there was a wedding party in the hotel at the same time. Hotel was packed, to the extent that the car park was completely full. I asked for an extra pillow, but they had none available, as they had had several requests for pillows. The pillows in the rooms were rather thin.

Other than that, the hotel coped very well with all the guests, and I would recommend them.

Location is very good for the Millennium Stadium.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bunmi S

Thank you very much for your kind review. My team was delighted to read that you have enjoed your time with us. Pillows .. I think we have it sorted now, we are in a proccess of replacing them all for more comfortable One... I hope if you stay with us in a near future you will be able to see the difference.

Reviewed 2 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. I usually use the city centre hotels but all were full due to the match at the stadium. First impressions were good. All the staff I encountered we're excellent. Decor was modern and looked recently refurbed. Room was clean and bathroom was very modern and attractive. Food was basic but very good. So far so good! However, the fatal flaw of this hotel is the abysmal sound-proofing. You really can hear everything! Add to this inconsiderate guests and you have a recipe for disaster. I was woken at 12 by the people above and at 4am by the blokes next door. Every ablution in the bathroom can be heard, every conversation. The noise was awful. Whilst inconsiderate guests are not the fault of the hotel, poor sound-proofing is. The point of a hotel is to provide somewhere to sleep and that is sadly lacking here if you end up with people in neighbouring rooms I'm afraid. Shame, as the rest is so good.

• Stayed: August 2012

I am very glad to hear that you appreciate our hotel product however I am very dissapointed to learn that you did not get a good night sleep. If I may please accept my appologies for the innconveniance.
We are doing our best to mimimize the noise level at the hotel however it is a challange to keep a large group of guests quiet:( I hope to see you again in a near future here Cardiff North.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Just back from a weekend break at the hotel about 16 of us for a reunion.
Very polite and helpful all the staff from reception to the bar staff and cleaners.
Hotel room was very clean with a lovely telly and bathroom.
We had food in hotel Saturday night fish an chips about 9 pound very nice.
Sunday we went down for an anazing buffett Breakfast. I was a bit wary of paying 10 pound for breakie but it was the best money spent all weekend very high quality food.
The only deraw back to this hotel is its location between 8- 10 pound taxi into cardiff, but as there where afew of us in each Taxi it work out a lot cheaper.
My Mrs and myself would definatley go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank You very much for your kind review.
My team is very happy to learn that you had a good experience with us. It is always motivating for them to hear that guests recognized their effords!
I hope to see you here in Cardiff again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

Full of groups of stags an hen. Hallway nosiey all night. :(

Rooms as thin as a wafer. Could hear the people next door to us shave, fart etc :(

Off for breakfast now. Wish us luck

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 16 July 2012

we arrived at the hotel saturday evening and even though we had booked a standard double room, they only had twins remaining. (this was lucky as the couple in front of us were being shipped out to a premier inn as they had been in fact over booked!!) The lobby was busy with stag and hen do's so if your an old couple or a young family this could be quite intimidating. however we were given a room far away from these groups. The room its self was ok but had an adjoing door to the next room so could easily hear the couple next door as im sure they could hear us. The best part of the hotel was the bathroom, clean and modern and the aircon in the room worked perfectly. the mrs found a spider in the bed her and the window was full of condensation.
All in all the staff were curtious and the room was ok for the 1 night we stayed and for the price. we didnt bother eating here as we really didnt want to. We wont be staying here or in another park hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank You very much for your review. I am dissapoined to read that you have not enjoyed your stay with us on that ocassion. Please accept my appologies and let me assure that this is not our usuall standard to assign the room which was not requested however if you have booked thought some third e-commerce site we will not get a request for a room type unfortunatelly. I was wondering if you have addressed this with my team to give us a chance to rectify your issues during your stay? I am sure that they would go extra mile to resolve the innconveniance.