“Excellent hotel”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North
Ranked #26 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed for two nights. Reception friendly and helpful. Room comfortable, clean and well equipped, there was even enough milk on the tea tray! Good quality hair drier. Bathroom roomy - shower pressure great. Breakfast very nice, large choice of food, staff even offered to make a poached egg if we didn't feel like scrambled egg. The only problem we had was on the second night our plastic key did not work and so the staff immediately moved us to another room and even moved our stuff across. Not only would I recommend this hotel I have booked to stay again in February.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cathwil7
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the hotel and our location convenient for your needs during your visit to Cardiff. On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Cardiff. Regards

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Good facilities and value for money. Will stay again. Road noise was intrusive at 4.00am, however colleague stayed two doors away and said it wasn't a problem for him...so probably just me..
Staff were friendly. location perfect for me as it got me onto the A48 within one minute of leaving hotel. Recommend the hotel, the foyer seems cold and dated..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the hotel and our location convenient for your needs during your visit to Cardiff . Sorry to hear that the noise from the motorway kept you awake. Our lounge area has been refurbished very recently as a first step to keep all our public areas refreshed. Hopefully on your next visit you will be able to see the difference.
On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back toCardiff.
Regards

Reviewed 23 December 2013

The building has that sense of being some ubiquitous 1970s office block... it could be anything!

When we arrived a massive Christmas tree dominated reception, but after a couple of days I realised that this piece of tinsel covered tawdriness was the thing that brought most character to a very lack luster area. In fact when it came to eating, despite the deluging weather, we went out... just the Harvester down the road... simply because there wasnt any sense of atmosphere.

It wasn't really helped by the staff... it had that Fawlty Towers feel of a couple of people doing everything.... so the same person was working reception, the bar and delivering room service. While they were friendly enough, speed was not a characteristic of their approach.

I must admit it appeared that apart from the external visitors to the gym, the place seemed empty. The snails pace that breakfast staff delivered at, made me wonder how they would cope if more than six people were eating at any one point in time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I am very disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered during your visit to the hotel, I do apologize that your found our service slow and "Fawlty Towers" like.
I would like the opportunity to be able to discus your experience and welcome any suggestions you may have to increase my ability to better remedy your concerns, if you would like to contact me on the below number, I will look forward to your call.
With Best Regards
Dorota Price
tel. 029205899322

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I booked this for an overnight stay so I could stay over after an international Rugby match. As a result the cost was greater than normal but this is the same for every Cardiff hotel at that time and this one was probably better than most due to the fact it is not based in the city. The hotel was full to the brim with over 300 guests plus a wedding reception taking place but I was pleasently surprised with how well oiled the process is when at capacity.
The booking in process was swift and despite checking in time not officially until 3pm I was allocated a room upon arrival at Noon so I could stow my bag and leave for the game in plenty of time. The car park is a pay & display but if you are a guest all you need to do is enter your registration number at a terminal on the hotel desk and this removes the need for payment.
despite the number of guests - mostly south africans attending the rugby - i was surprised at how quiet the place was at night and was pleasantly surprised to get a full night of undisturbed sleep.
The food from the bar is of limited choice but we both opted for the Cajun chicken burger which was well presented with a portion of fries and was of a high quality.
the main reason i say this is OK for only a night or two is mainly due to the location. The hotel is a few miles out of the city centre and located on an industrial park with no other amenities around. Taxi into the city and back is easy and reasonable enough but not something you want to be doing on a frequent basis. Saying that this is reflected in the price of the hotel so you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the hotel and our location convenient for your needs during your visit to Cardiff. On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and positive comments about your stay. I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Cardiff.
Regards

Reviewed 9 December 2013

we stayed at the Park inn Saturday 7th December and first impressions were a little clinical with the white reception room and seating area.
The room was basic but tired looking with the back of the bathroom door peeling from age. The room cost £175.00 per night and compared to the Premier inn we have stayed at round the corner its not worth it, premier inn beats it hands down on value and quality.
we were woken by screaming and shouting at 3am with a group fighting and arguing in the hall for ages. I could then not sleep the rest of the night.. I know this is not the managements fault but when I mentioned it in the morning to them they did not offer a discount for the problem.
The one thing they have got right is the breakfast, tasty food.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed overnight in this hotel as it was my sons birthday and I was down in Cardiff visiting and it was great the rooms were lovely as so were most of the staff. The only bad point I would have was a waitress called Ceri. She was rude when I came to get a drink on the bar and also she was very loud when speaking to other members of staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the hotel to be friendly, comfortable and suitable for your needs during your visit to Cardiff. Let me apologies for inappropriate team member behaviour. I will make sure that this is addressed and will not reoccur in the future. On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Cardiff.

With Best Regards

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We booked this hotel on international rugby day and it was therefore quite expensive for what was little more than a basic hotel. The corridors were bleak and unwelcoming but the rooms themselves were clean and spacious. We asked for a quiet room and were given one at the end of the corridor where we were not disturbed. Check in/out was fast a friendly. Tea and coffee making in the rooms. Hotel next to a bus route into Cardiff centre. The only downside - our bathroom smelt very badly of drains which was very nauseating without the window open.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends