“Excellent value”

Ranked #27 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The stay for b & b for two was cheaper than our earlier lunch in Newport
Large room & bed. Very clean, everything needed was to hand. Heating in room worked well but no heating in the bathroom (?) Powerful shower but tricky for women if you don't wish to wash your hair as it is a 'fixed' unit.
Breakfast tables were set for the no. of chairs, regardless of customers sitting down. Guy on next table continuously coughed and spluttered over the crockery and cutlery on his table, yet when he left, only his setting was cleared and reset. Pity the folk following him!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am pleased that you found our hotel and services meeting your expectations. I would like to appologies for a breakfast dissapointment. I will definatelly investigate the issue and will train the team accordingly. Hope to see you again in the near future!
Dorota

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

stayed here for work 2 nights, grubby dark and just not inviting. Food not good both breakfast and dinner poor,shame as the staff were all excellant and helpful, howver once i got to my room I almost checked myself out it was that dissappointing gloomy and grubby..

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review. In reviewing your response I noticed areas where you rated us below what I consider to be acceptable.

If you have a moment and are willing to share any specifics on these items it would greatly increase my ability to better assess and attempt to remedy these concerns. However, regardless of your response to my request I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard.

If you'd like, you can reach me at the phone number listed below. It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer.

Dorota Price
tel 02920589988
dorota.price@rezidorparkinn.com
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2014

After a long tiring days travelling, this hotel provided and friendly and extremely confortable stopover. From the friendly efficient staff on reception and in the restaurant in the evening and breakfast time to the quiet comfortable room an enjoyable experience after a tiring day.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your positive experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I am delighetd to share your feedback with my team.
Hope to see you again !
LEICESTER
Reviewed 19 January 2014

best thing was bedroom lovely and big very powefull shower excellent breakfast but average evening meal very small lounge and bar area dididnt feel comfortbale allright for one night stay usded as coach tour

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you found our bedrooms and breakfast service exceeding your expectations. I would like to hear more about your evening meal experience. May I kindly ask you to email me and tell me more about it ( dorota.price@rezidorparkinn.com). I would be more then happy to correct our shortcomings!
On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Cardiff.
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Very welcoming and helpful staff, rooms very clean and shower in bathroom was excellent. Family rooms a bit on the small side but not to big an issue if you are not there during the day. Breakfast on day two wasn't as plentiful as day 1 but other than that had a fantastic stay. Good value for money would stay again and take advantage of the interconnected rooms better for family stay.

Stayed January 2014
Thank you very much for your nice feedback. I am pleased that you and your family found our hotel and services meeting your expectations. I will definatelly investigate the breakfast as the high standard should be the same every day. Hope to see you again in the near future!
poole dorset
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Very good value for money /good service .The evening meal was very good .Should have full menu in room as only found out about it by asking The room very clean and spacious only thing to say is that there should be a way to keep 2 x 3ft beds together

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hope to see you again !
Brighton, UK
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed here for one night while visiting family in Cardiff. The hotel was clean and the family room we stayed in was of a good size. The room did not have a bath in it which I would expect as standard in a family room but the shower was good - lots of hot water and great pressure. The breakfast was of a good standard with plenty of choice for both continental and cooked breakfast. The hotel was easily accessible from the motorway. Although it was in very close proximity, we didn't hear any traffic from our room.

My only downside to this stay was that we booked late in the evening through LateRooms.com and when we arrived at the Park Inn we were told that our booking had not come through to them as yet and Late Rooms have to fax the booking, yes fax it, through to the hotel. This had obviously not happened as no one was in the Late Rooms office at the time we booked the hotel (approx 8pm). We had booked a room with a travel cot in for our young daughter. Luckily we had brought our own travel cot with us (just in case) as the booking had not gone through, neither had our request. The one saving grace is that my husband had received email confirmation from Late Rooms including confirmation of payment otherwise it might have been a different story. But the chap on reception when we arrived dealt with the matter well given the circumstance.

We would stay here again when visiting family, but we will book in advance this time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive review, I am delighted you found the hotel and our location convenient for your needs during your visit to Cardiff. I am very happy to hear that my team and our facilities meet your expectations.