“Weekend of 26/27th October 2013”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North
Ranked #26 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
“Weekend of 26/27th October 2013”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

When we arrived after a very long car journey there was a crowd of youngsters obviously very drunk shouting, swearing smashing glass and standing in front of the doors. We went in and there was another group inside obviously a wedding reception we checked in went to our room which was basic but clean and went down to get a coffee and something to eat. The reception area was a complete mess we were told by the staff that it was a travellers wedding and they apologised for the noise and mess. We sat down with our coffees and watched glasses being thrown fights happening and so much noise. The GM at the time came over to apologise and told me to email him for a free break to compensate. I did this three times since we came home and have heard nothing back disgusting.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you very much for your review. It is very dissapointing to read that your experience with the hotel was dreadfull. The General Managers have changed just before Christmas and I am very eiger to compensate as promised and host you for a complimentary stay.
I would appreciate if you could contact me Dorota Price dorota.price@rezidorparkinn.com and I will make sure that if given a second chance we will exceed your expectations.
Dorota Price

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We arrive very tired from a long trip with poor raining and the only thing we wanted is to have a relax couple of hours to charge battery for going to Cardiff Central. The hotel is located in an ideal zone, very short drive from there to the Museum , about 10 minutes (where we park our car), so cero problem. The customer sevice is excellent, very friendly desk and what more else can we ask?. The next day you don't need to worry about breakfast, there is for all tastes. The room very clean and we liked the modern concept about the decoration, well done! . If we are going back to Cardiff for sure we will be staying there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bibi913
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your positive experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I am delighetd to share your feedback with my team. Hope to see you again!

Kind Regards Dorota
Wrexham
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight to see wales game staff very friendly rooms better than expected web page does not do this hotel justice great night sleep rooms spacious and very clean great help yourself breakfast would stay here again taxi into city about a tenner

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Afternoon. Thank you for such a fantastic review of the hotel. We really appreciate the feedback and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

After a long tiring days travelling, this hotel provided and friendly and extremely confortable stopover. From the friendly efficient staff on reception and in the restaurant in the evening and breakfast time to the quiet comfortable room an enjoyable experience after a tiring day.
Would certainly consider stopping here agan when in Cardiff area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback. I am delighted to read about your enjoyable stay with us.
I will be happy to share your experience with my team. Hope to see you again !
Kind Regards Dorota
Rhyl, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel - staff were welcoming and helpful. Rooms spacious and clean. Bed luxuriously comfortable. Very good choice of buffet breakfast and tasty dinner. Light and airy dinning room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for coming back to us! I am very pleased that on both ocasions you have enjoyed your stay. I am delighted to share your positive experience with my team.
I hope that we will be your choice again when you back to our area.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The stay for b & b for two was cheaper than our earlier lunch in Newport
Large room & bed. Very clean, everything needed was to hand. Heating in room worked well but no heating in the bathroom (?) Powerful shower but tricky for women if you don't wish to wash your hair as it is a 'fixed' unit.
Breakfast tables were set for the no. of chairs, regardless of customers sitting down. Guy on next table continuously coughed and spluttered over the crockery and cutlery on his table, yet when he left, only his setting was cleared and reset. Pity the folk following him!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am pleased that you found our hotel and services meeting your expectations. I would like to appologies for a breakfast dissapointment. I will definatelly investigate the issue and will train the team accordingly. Hope to see you again in the near future!
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

stayed here for work 2 nights, grubby dark and just not inviting. Food not good both breakfast and dinner poor,shame as the staff were all excellant and helpful, howver once i got to my room I almost checked myself out it was that dissappointing gloomy and grubby..

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review. In reviewing your response I noticed areas where you rated us below what I consider to be acceptable.

If you have a moment and are willing to share any specifics on these items it would greatly increase my ability to better assess and attempt to remedy these concerns. However, regardless of your response to my request I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard.

If you'd like, you can reach me at the phone number listed below. It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer.

Dorota Price