“Park Inn cardiff”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North
Ranked #28 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The room was clean and the child bed was big enough for our tall son. Breakfast was good value but very crowded. We paid a lot for this room, probably because there was an international rugby match on in Cardiff, and would normally expect a lot more for this level of cost. Good room at half the proce.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North following your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate all the guest feedback we receive as this enables us to view the hotel from a guest prospective.
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely hope we can welcome you back to in the near future.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

just back from a short trip to the 6 Nations. Dropped bags in room and then struggled to open door to get out of room. Didnt think anything off it until we returned after the game ...electronic lock had failed, manual lock wouldnt open either.
Thanks to David and Dan (end of day and then night shift) + a few tools, we regained access to the room...the guys then moved us to another room where unfortunately the neighbours were noisy - so we were moved again for a great nights sleep and then a great breakfast buffet in the morning.
Thanks to David and Dan - definitely went above and beyond. The rest of the staff we met this morning were great too. Thanks for getting it all sorted.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

I really appreciate you taking the time to write your wonderful review following your recent stay at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North.

It is encouraging for the team to receive such compliments from all aspects of your stay, I have of course shared your positive review with those involved.

I hope to welcome you back to our hotel in near future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I may be being a little unfair as I was staying on a Friday and Saturday night, but this hotel is clearly not shy in letting groups of young same sex parties stay. on my first night there were a group of people in the room next to me who were shouting at each other and playing music until gone midnight. I then had to put up with a rather amorous display from my other neighbours and ended up with just a couple of hours sleep. I went off for the day as planned but came back at 4pm for a freshen up and a nap before going out to dinner to be confronted with a gaggle of women on a hen party, already half smashed and shouting and drinking puffing away at the front door. when I got back to my room to my dismay there were a group of young guys staying in the room opposite me who were (like the night before) playing music and obviously getting ready for a night out, one of them running up and down the hallway shouting for his friends to let him in with the beers he had just bought. I was hoping that by the time I got back to the hotel that night they would all have departed for their nights out, but I was wrong. the hen party were all in the bar shouting and screaming and generally being obnoxious and one of them was hanging around by the lift that I was trying to use and she was shouting obscenities at me about something I couldn't understand. at this point I decided to pack up my things and drive home. the one blessing was not being charged the second night which was I was pleasantly surprised about and made the drive home all the nicer! I can't actually fault the hotel itself, the rooms were nice and I ordered from the room service on my first night which was brought to me time efficiently and quality couldn't be faulted, its just not somewhere i'd want to stay again to get a good nights sleep and I think i'll revert to staying on my friends sofa instead!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback about us. I am disappointed to see the issues that you encountered during your stay. As you can imagine it is extremly difficult to predict our guests behavior however please stay assuerd that we have zero tolerance to such events.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope that you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This hotel is competativily priced, has all the facilities required including a good wifi connection.
The check in was quick efficient and very friendly.
Bar staff friendly, restaurant good and the food was good. Enjoyed the experience and would stay again. Well done.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

We were extremely pleased to read all your positive comments of the hotel especially of our staff. Your kind words have been passed onto the Managers so that they can be shared with their teams.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

THis hotel was fairly easey to get to & find from the motorway but seems to be closer to Newport than Cardiff, I was a little concerned about the car park as people was just hanging around it, check in was swift and efficent.
The room was quite funky, comfortable and spacious, due to our arrival time the fitness cntre was closed, we did not try the resturant and lthough we had a llok at the bar it did not entice us to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

I really appreciate you taking the time to write your positive review following your recent stay at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North.
I hope to see you again in our hotel when buisness or pleasure will bring you back to Cardiff.
Possibly next time you will try out our restaurant and bar and hopefully it will be worth a go!.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

we stayed at this hotel as all hotels closer to Cardiff were full due to the rugby. The hotel was very clean and the staff were helpful. We didn't sleep well due to the bed sagging in the middle we spent all night rolling to the middle.
Breakfast we paid for on arrival as it was offered cheaper than online and it was good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

We very much appreciate all the guest feedback we receive as this enables us to view the hotel from a guest prospective. We were extremely pleased to read all your positive comments of the hotel. I would like to take this opportunity and appologies for the uncomfortable bed. Thanks to your comment we have fixed the same day!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

When we arrived after a very long car journey there was a crowd of youngsters obviously very drunk shouting, swearing smashing glass and standing in front of the doors. We went in and there was another group inside obviously a wedding reception we checked in went to our room which was basic but clean and went down to get a coffee and something to eat. The reception area was a complete mess we were told by the staff that it was a travellers wedding and they apologised for the noise and mess. We sat down with our coffees and watched glasses being thrown fights happening and so much noise. The GM at the time came over to apologise and told me to email him for a free break to compensate. I did this three times since we came home and have heard nothing back disgusting.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you very much for your review. It is very dissapointing to read that your experience with the hotel was dreadfull. The General Managers have changed just before Christmas and I am very eiger to compensate as promised and host you for a complimentary stay.
I would appreciate if you could contact me Dorota Price dorota.price@rezidorparkinn.com and I will make sure that if given a second chance we will exceed your expectations.