“Good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North
Ranked #25 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

One night in Cardiff visiting friends and booked this for location (very easy to get to and then to get around Cardiff by car) and price - good offer I couldn't refuse! Room was spacious, very clean, staff very helpful. Breakfast tasty and varied. The only two little gripes were that the pillows were small - no where near the width of the bed - and the bathroom toiletries were pretty poor. Overall, would book again if got the same deal.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank You very much for your kind review. Appreciate a comment about the pillows and the bathroom toiletries and will looking into it with my housekeeping department. My team is looking forward to welcoming you back.
Dorota Price

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The room's heater at 24 degrees worked just the first 40 minutes, after that, only blowed fresh air, I had to woke up at 1 am to switch off the heater because was very cool the room's temperature. When we went to have breakfast the second morning the fridges of the self service area were completely stopped and the food was warm, yogurts, salami, etc, and everyone noticed that. I do not know if this has relation, but I had to refuse a strawberry yougurt because the flavour was not the same as the day before, was like a bad flavour. The mandarin yougurt was Ok that morning. We asked for a rice course in the restaurant for dinner. the waitress take note of that and we had to wait at least 10 minutes after she retuned saying that she apologices but the rice course that day was impossible to do.... we thought that were excuses... Also 3.3 pounds for just a 50cl water in the Hotel restaurant (nestle purelife still water) is completely a theft Very bad the restaurant at night. also in the 2on floor there is a staff room in the middle of the corridor. The both days we stayed in the hotel, we heard very early in the morning that room plenty of workers laughting and speaking loud... that noises could woke up, despite our mobile alarm.... Something curius was that under the room's desk light it was water... It was not a problem because I had to clean that water whith toilet paper but it was very strange... The wifi could be great if the fast connection were free...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Thank You very much for your time and writing a review. I appreciate your concerns and most definitely will look into comments with relevant team members. Unfortunately during the weekend you have stayed with us we had a system failure which took some time to rectify. This is not our usual standard and hopefully these issues will not stop you from coming back to us to experience our normal high standards. I will most definitely look into bar prices and will make sure that they are competitive within our industry. Please accept our apologies for the shortcomings.
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Just back. From five day trip to this hotel.nice rooms etc but the evening meals were terrible,all four nights we had pork or chicken,no potatoes,just rice or pasta,desserts were chocolate cake or fresh fruit salad,no entertainment at nights.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quite good,the big let down we're the meals
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank You very much for your review. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy our menu.
I presume you were part of the tour group therefore the menu is always discussed with the tour organizers. I am astonished to read that there were no potatoes and have checked with my kitchen and service team who have confirmed that all evenings we had a choice of vegetarian, meat or pasta, fish dish accompanied with choice of rice, potatoes and vegetables.
Nevertheless I hope to see you here in Cardiff on another occasion.
General Manger
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Visiting Cardiff on a business trip, my colleagues and myself booked into this hotel as it seemed reasonably priced. I was a little apprehensive that this was in lieu of quality but it turns out I needn't have been.

The hotel was very easy to find and just off the A48. With the exception of one one staff (who may have been a trainee), the staff where very pleasant and helpful. The room was comfortable and with the usual complimentaries. Breakfast was a well stocked and enjoyable buffet affair.

Would definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your complements. My team really tries hard to satisfy guest’s needs.
Please accept apologies for a trainee, will make sure that his training is progressed and hopefully will not affect my guest any longer.
I hope to see you here in Park Inn Cardiff North again in the near future.
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We came for an event, held at the hotel. We needed a bite to eat and choose the cheese sandwich. I can't say that was the best culinary experience ever, and also rather steep price, but it did fill us. The rooms were large, personnel very attentive and also plenty! Food at the dinner was fine. There was a bar in the room were the event was held, which was very good, but you could not have the drinks put on the room account there. For that I had to go upstairs. I suggest the management sort that out. Prices were relative high for the drinks and the slimline tonic was a mean 125 ml bottle, even in a plane you get more. That is really ridiculous. Next time you get thimbles. I still give this stay a very good rating, as overall we had a good evening, it is just that these small things take away from an excellent. Breakfast was fine. We have to mention the excellent beds. Really good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank You very much for your very kind review. Appreciate a comment about the function bar and bar prices. I will look into this and make sure that our prices are competitive. My team is looking forward to welcoming you back.
Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had a good stay here, the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help - they were excellent. It was very clean and confortable with a good standard of facilities.We had a meeting too and that went off well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Wow !! 5 star review, thank you very much. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we have met your needs. I hope that you will visit us again when your travels bring you Cardiff Area. My team tries very hard to please our guests. Many Thanks Kind Regards Dorota
Wrexham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Arrived after a long drive from North Wales for an evening rugby match. Booking in good and efficient. Room pleasant and clean. Transport to the city centre by bus good as was return journey. £3.60 return. Returned after match for night cap. Breakfast in morning was good and restaurant service good. Already booked for next years 6 nations evening match.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DaiAcrefair
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you very much for such a positive review. I am very glad that you find our hotel clean , freindly. My team tries very hard to please every single guest. Thank You for making a future reservation; we will make sure that your next stay is even better. Just a question if you are already a Carlson Club member ( our loyality program) ? If you would like to know more please drop me an email and will send you some detail about lots and lots of benefits from it. (dorota.price@rezidorparkinn.com).
Dorota