“Spacious modern hotel”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North
Ranked #28 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The Park Inn was perfect for our stay in Cardiff. We were very close to the city bus, which we caught for relaxing sightseeing. The staff were friendly and helpful and our room was modern, clean and spacious. Good wi fi as well. The buffet breakfast was delicious, with good choices.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

I am very pleased to read you review, thank you very much.
My team tries very hard to look after the guests. I am glad that you find our hotel comfortable and that it suits all your needs. Hope to see you back with us soon.
Dorota Price

Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

brill hotel when we eventually found it hotel restraunextremely expensive fortunately there is a harvester few yds down road, the room was superb and the breakfast was to die for i love a buffet breakfast hate it when u get a teaplate with dried up bacon plonked in front of you

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was very satisfied with the hotel and all the staff, they were always very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family as it was very clean, tidy, bed was comfortable with crisp white sheets/ bedding, thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Good impression from reception & staff. Large rooms, clean and well set up for an overnight stay. Hooks and hangers - no wardrobe or drawers. Great breakfast, apart from the mushrooms! Got a good deal at £41 / night for b&b for 2. Cab into City Centre costs about £10. In comparison to the costs of the city centre hotels, still worked out as a good deal for the four of us. As others have said, the bar is expensive. Parking was included in our deal & we were able to leave our car there all day after booking out.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor - 'Lady Executive' rooms. Large and comfy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

I am very pleased to read you review, thank you very much. My team tries very hard to look after the guests. Really appreciate the complements about my reception team, will definately pass it on. I am glad that you find our hotel comfortable and that it suits all your needs. Will look into the mashroom quality and address it with my Head Chef. Hope to see you back with us soon. Kind Regards Dorota Price

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Ridiculously overpriced soft drinks at the bar. Make sure you buy snacks/soft drinks elsewhere, as hotel over charges big time! (£8.40 for 2 small bottles of still water & smallest bottle of diet coke ever!) No amenities near hotel location. Either a drive or bus ride into Cardiff for meals, shopping etc. Room smelt fousty for the duration of stay. Although the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank You very much for your time and writing a review. I appreciate your concerns and most definitely will look into comments with relevant team members. I will most definitely look into bar prices and will make sure that they are competitive within our industry. Please accept our apologies for the shortcomings.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights as a large group. First impressions were good. The Reception area was welcoming and our room was large with a beautiful bathroom. When we unpacked we realised there was nowhere to put our things so we lived out of the suitcases all the time.
Breakfast was excellent. Everything you could wish for but the evening meal provided was unimaginative to say the least. Vegetables were the same every day and apart from one evening were seriously undercooked. The staff without exception were helpful, cheerful and great fun.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Many thanks for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to read that you found the hotel to be perfect for your needs. Don't leave it too long before you come back to visit us.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We love Park Inns and have had some poor stays BUT this was one of the best... we were upgraded to an Executive room and all was newly decorated... breakfasts were good and the staff weer lovely.. JUST one niggle in that the hotel is charging for parking (apparently) - why this should be as the hotel is 3.5 miles from the centre only the hotel would know (unless they are trying to extract every bit of money out of their Customers!)

I recommend it - don't listen to the doubting Thomases as although the hotel is ISOLATED there is a regular bus service into the city centre!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

I am very pleased to read you review, thank you very much. My team tries very hard to look after the guests. I am glad that you find our hotel comfortable and that it suits all your needs. Just a note about the car park... our guests are not supposed to pay it is complimentary. So if you have paid let me know please how can I refund it! My email address is dorota.price@rezidorparkinn.com Hope to see you back with us soon.