“Good hotel”

Ranked #25 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
nottingham
“Good hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here on a hen night murder mystery evening.
Hotel is spacious and clean. Rooms are very tidy but basic. Very comfortable beds with good temperature.
Good buffet style breakfast
Drinks are expensive and fare drive into Cardiff centre.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank You very much for your positive comments regarding your last stay with us.
We do our best to have competitive beverage prices with hotels nearby however I will review your comments and make sure that we are not overpriced as you suggest.
I hope to see you soon here in Park Inn Cardiff North.
Dorota Price

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Polish first
cambs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel on a business trip. The hotel itself was pleasant and very clean and the room spacious and comfortable.

But what impressed me about this hotel was the friendly helpful staff. There was a large coach party of elderly travellers that had clearly been using this as a base for a few days. They were welcomed back and enquiries were made as to where they had visited etc.

I was extremely tired and could not make up my mind what to eat as I only wanted something light and the young waitresses went out of their way to help with this in particular the bar lady called Amanda who could not have been nicer even though they were all very busy. For me the staff made this hotel a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank debbie062
I am very pleased to read you review, thank you very much. My team tries very hard to look after the guests. Really appreciate the complements about Amanda , will definately pass it on. I am glad that you find our hotel comfortable and that it suits all your needs. Hope to see you back with us soon. Kind Regards Dorota Price
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

The Park Inn was perfect for our stay in Cardiff. We were very close to the city bus, which we caught for relaxing sightseeing. The staff were friendly and helpful and our room was modern, clean and spacious. Good wi fi as well. The buffet breakfast was delicious, with good choices.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
I am very pleased to read you review, thank you very much.
My team tries very hard to look after the guests. I am glad that you find our hotel comfortable and that it suits all your needs. Hope to see you back with us soon.
birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

brill hotel when we eventually found it hotel restraunextremely expensive fortunately there is a harvester few yds down road, the room was superb and the breakfast was to die for i love a buffet breakfast hate it when u get a teaplate with dried up bacon plonked in front of you

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

East Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was very satisfied with the hotel and all the staff, they were always very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family as it was very clean, tidy, bed was comfortable with crisp white sheets/ bedding, thank you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Good impression from reception & staff. Large rooms, clean and well set up for an overnight stay. Hooks and hangers - no wardrobe or drawers. Great breakfast, apart from the mushrooms! Got a good deal at £41 / night for b&b for 2. Cab into City Centre costs about £10. In comparison to the costs of the city centre hotels, still worked out as a good deal for the four of us. As others have said, the bar is expensive. Parking was included in our deal & we were able to leave our car there all day after booking out.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor - 'Lady Executive' rooms. Large and comfy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I am very pleased to read you review, thank you very much. My team tries very hard to look after the guests. Really appreciate the complements about my reception team, will definately pass it on. I am glad that you find our hotel comfortable and that it suits all your needs. Will look into the mashroom quality and address it with my Head Chef. Hope to see you back with us soon. Kind Regards Dorota Price
Somerset
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Ridiculously overpriced soft drinks at the bar. Make sure you buy snacks/soft drinks elsewhere, as hotel over charges big time! (£8.40 for 2 small bottles of still water & smallest bottle of diet coke ever!) No amenities near hotel location. Either a drive or bus ride into Cardiff for meals, shopping etc. Room smelt fousty for the duration of stay. Although the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank You very much for your time and writing a review. I appreciate your concerns and most definitely will look into comments with relevant team members. I will most definitely look into bar prices and will make sure that they are competitive within our industry. Please accept our apologies for the shortcomings.