“DISGRACEFUL....,Bad Experience”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North
Ranked #29 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Visited this hotel for 1 night (thankfully only the one). Upon check in seemed ok. When we returned at around 10.30 we went to the room to find a horrendous smell of drains throughout room 221! It was so bad we asked for a move despite the inconvenience and time. We were moved but were not offered any kind of apology. Fair enough we went on our way and moved our luggage. We got to room 323 to find a noisy room over the aircon plant and a mouldy bathroom. The bed was uncomfortable and the aircon noisy. Doors were banging in the early hours. To top it off the hair dryer got extremely hot and blew up. The pat testing was out of date. We complained before leaving to be told the general manager would look into the matter and call us. We have since called twice and emailed. Guess what... The ignorant manager has not had the courtesy to call us back. Customer service..... I don't think so. Shame I paid in advance!!!! This was 12/7 and we are still waiting for a call on 20/7....watch this space !!!!!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Mcasson
Dorota_Price, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guest
I am glad we have managed to find a good solution to your complaint and now you will be able to return to us and experience our usual high standards. Once gain please accept apologies for our shortcomings.
Kind Regards
Dorota Price

Write a ReviewReviews (1,048)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

comfortable rooms, helpful staff and good food, good value for money. Would recommend to anyone considering going to Cardiff. A little way out from the centre but taxi readily available, also parking which is a plus in a big city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Thank You very much for your kind review. We are here to make sure that you have a good stay away from home. I am glad you have enjoyed your stay and found our leisure facilities useful. I hope to see you in Cardiff North in the near future!. Kind Regards Dorota Price

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Really great value for money.
Lovely spacious rooms. Very clean. Warm welcome. Great staff throughout. Huge breakfast selection.
Very close to Cardiff bay and lots of shops nearby too.
Very accommodating staff.
Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank You very much for your kind 5 star review. We are here to make sure that you have a good stay away from home. I am glad you have enjoyed your stay and found our facilities useful. I hope to see you in Cardiff North in the near future!. Kind Regards Dorota Price

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Booked through a local tour company near to where we live, the hotel was part of the package for a murder mystery weekend. Set just on the outskirts of the city within a 15 min drive to the bay area, by taxi cost approx £12 one way, £2 on public transport to city and then would need transport to the bay. Buffet style breakfast and evening meal on first night, which was very good, with various choices. Evening meal on Saturday night with the murder mystery was plated, but very disappointing. The veg was not cooked, the presentation was poor and there was only one set menu, no choice. The staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful. I thought that they went out of their way to assist the less mobile of the clientele that were staying there. Noticed that they put mobility scooters on charge at reception for them if needed. Overall it was a good weekend and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
1  Thank Gaynor L

I am very pleased to read you review, thank you very much. My team tries very hard to look after the guests. I have spoken to our chef and will make sure that the veg are well cooked. I am glad that you find our hotel comfortable and that it suits all your needs. Hope to see you back with us soon. Kind Regards Dorota Price

Reviewed 13 July 2014

So I stayed here twice for three nights over a two week period. The first time round was alright, the staff were nice. I must admit though some of the restaurant/bar staff weren't the best but there were a couple who were really good. Most of the food was nice, the chicken fajitas were my favorite dish. The curry on curry night wasn't great and there was no naan bread which was disappointing but this stay went well which was great as I was booked in to return the following week. Nice spacious rooms!
I arrived at about 9:20pm on the Sunday night and was told that they were over booked. After a 2 and half hour drive, this is the last thing you want to hear. The member of staff on reception wasn't overly helpful, admittedly he had a difficult job of turning me away but I felt like he was just doing what he had to do without much emotion. He did offer to put me up in the Premier Inn nearby for the night with B&B, feeling pretty tired, I accepted the offer but then was really put off by him constantly asking me to come back to the hotel for the rest of my stay. He was a little too pushy with it and I didn't like this at all. I got to the premier inn and made the mistake of not checking the room before booking in and paying for the rest of my stay.
I hated the place but didn't want to lose my money so by chance, I range up the Park Inn and I spoke to a lovely guy called Dan(Dan was there the night before and he took me to the Premier Inn the day before) After speaking to Dan, he offered me a few options which were not suitable as I would be losing money so I told him what I wanted from him which was one night free as I wasn't able to get a refund for both nights from the premier inn. He not only offered me one night free, he offered me both nights and a complimentary bottle of wine for all the upset that was caused.
I thought that was very good of him and on arrival, I did inform him that I had stayed the week before of which he wasn't even aware of.
To me that was the best thing that anyone could have ever done in such a , hence the score

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank You very much for your review. Please accept my apologies for the overbooking situation and I am so glad that Dan have managed to bring you back to us. We try very hard to please all our guest and I will if you agree use your circumstances for training purpose to show how the dissatisfaction be fixed with a right customer service.
I hope to see you soon again in Park Inn Cardiff North. Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Good Hotel in easy location off A48M about 3mls from City Centre.
Spotless if Basic Rooms,Easy Parking,Good BreakFast.
True Competion for upper end of Travel Convience Market.
Much better value than City Centre Hotels -£7 Taxi to City Centre

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I am very pleased to read you review, thank you very much. My team tries very hard to look after the guests. I am glad that you find our hotel comfortable and that it suits all your needs. Hope to see you back with us soon. Kind Regards Dorota Price

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here a week ago and it was very good. Already recommended it to friends if they travel this way. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. Shower brilliant too. Very welcoming staff on reception. Breakfast amazing! Lots of choice and loads of it. The Harvester Restaurant was a good find with well priced food as usual and only up the road. The only negative is that it is very difficult to find with no proper road signs as it is tucked down a small road opposite a big school. We were given a faded photocopied map of Cardiff which was useless. After our meal we drove into Cardiff and walked around a while, driving back to the hotel was terrible. We drove up and down the dual carriageway taking almost an hour, in desperation we found a policeman and he gave us a police escort back to the hotel, otherwise we would have spent the night in the car! Our sat nav had broken so that was a waste of time too, so we were pretty fed up not to see any signs at all for the hotel considering the size if it, the signs might have been in Welsh which is no good if you can't speak it. Otherwise the hotel was brilliant. Many thanks!

Room Tip: Room 231 was very good, not for disabled though as it has a few extra steps from the lift