St. Mellons Hotel
US$113
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$118
  • Pool
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$100
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$132
US$115
US$101
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$89
Priceline
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel is very tired and not designed for business travellers.

After waiting for 10 minutes for my shower to warm up whilst bath water was warm. I had to ask for access to another room to get access to a warm shower.

This hotel is badly in need of maintenance and a complete refresh, it looks very sad and tired.

I've cancelled my subsequent stays.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SophMS
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I spent 3 nights at the hotel on a business trip. The hotel really needs upgrading as it is rather dated. My room was good with a very comfortable bed and space to work. There was no wifi in the room but I was able to connect via cable. This is an area I feel should be improved, wifi in bedrooms should be standard. There is wifi available in the bar areas.
The bar areas are rather gloomy which makes it difficult if you want to work there as a change from being in your room. The main bar is particularly depressing looking.
Food at the hotel is excellent. Breakfast was lovely with a decent continental choice and cooked items made to order- delicious.
I had dinner in the bar every night and was very impressed, a nice choice and beautifully made, I really enjoyed.

The staff were all fantastic, they really do all they can to make your stay comfortable.

As a business venue I couldn't fault the hotel, with the food and staff particularly worthy of mention.

I wouldn't choose the hotel for a leisure visit but this is only because it looks a bit tired so come on Best Western, give this gem the treatment it deserves!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my two young children last night. We had one of the garden rooms which was perfect, very spacious for families, clean & presentable. Anyone who complains about these rooms clearly has very high standards - I do agree parts of this hotel need attention, however, the food & service we received was absolutely fantastic!

I did feel the bar snacks were over priced but was happy to pay as it was a one-off treat!!

Enjoyed the leisure club facilities with the children - again very relaxing.

I think it's unfair for people to write reviews on here about staff, surely this would be something you would address during your stay??

Fair to comment and review the hotel, that's what this is about & I think it's fair to say - yes it's a hotel which needs improvements but the staff work damn hard & it is not their fault when repairs to the building they work in are not carried out!!??

Thank you all for a pleasurable, relaxing stay. Will definitely be back again.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My daughter and I have had a spa day at this hotel, how beautiful the parts that we saw were. The spa is accessed either through the hotel or at the side to a separate entrance, there is a large pool with a steam and sauna room and a jaccuzzi, there is a relaxation room with soft music and comfortable day beds to lounge on. The treatment rooms are lovely and great care is taken with the massages, there is a beautiful lounge area and bar which is part of the spa which means you can stay in your slippers and dressing gown if you have them included or want to have lunch or a drink. We booked a package which included a facial, head, neck and shoulder massage, slippers, dressing gown and towel also included was a two course lunch which could either be a combination of starters, mains and desserts or for a little extra you could have three courses and a glass of sparkling wine was also included. We had the burger and chips and two different desserts, beautifully dished up and well presented and lovely to eat. The staff were very helpful and always had a smile for you and nothing was too much trouble. We are going to make this a regular trip for the future as it was so nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Having travelled widely and stayed in countless hotels I have never before felt the need to write a review. Don't get me wrong this in not actually the worst hotel I've stayed in, but other hotels have been priced accordingly.

Let’s start with the good points. We booked one of the garden rooms which turned out to be spacious and well equipped, although in need of updating it was comfortable enough with pleasant views. The rotting woodwork outside the room door does not give a great impression, but easily dismissed from your mind when you are in the room. The water pressure gave a satisfying shower, however, the hotel only provided one bath towel which is simply not adequate for anything other than a single occupancy room, and then I think most people would also expect a hand towel to be provided.

We then have to come on to the other aspects. At check-in we were warned that the hotel was very busy and there was a wait of one hour from ordering any food. Now there must be another room that I never located, because I could only see a handful of people in the rooms I did find. Forewarned is forearmed so credit has to be given for them telling us about the wait.

When we placed our order we wanted to charge it to the room, the computer system, or more likely the operators, could not manage this simple task. How they imagined we had a room number before checking in is a mystery. Cash to the rescue.

The dirty glass we were given was changed, giving out dirty glasses, come on, it's such a simple thing to get right, and undermines confidence in the hygiene standards across the hotel.
The overpriced food was simply horrendous. I ordered a burger (£10 just for the burger), unlike the comment at the top of this review that it is not the worst hotel I have stayed in this has to be the worst burger I've ever been presented with. Cold, dry, and completely unappetising. My partners meal was even worse, words fail me. They are having a laugh at our expense, don’t let them do it to you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple